What was the last book you read?

Replies

• dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Death by Marriage...LOL

I have a Kindle and I practically finish a book each day....and I work full time. LOL

I am a very, very fast reader.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Clash of Kings refamiliarizing myself with the series before season 4 comes out....
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Changeless (Parasol Protectorate #2) by Gail Carriger

This! I'm currently reading the third book in the series, Blameless.

Annnnd because I tend to read more than one book at a time, I've just as recently finished rereading The Dragon Reborn (Wheel of Time #3) by Robert Jordan. I've also cracked open The Shadow Rising (WoT #4).
  • meggiewho97
    meggiewho97 Posts: 17 Member
    Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    The last *story* I read was one from Steam-Powered II. It's an anthology of lesbian steampunk romance. But the last *book* I read was Unwholly by Neal Shusterman (it's the sequel to Unwind).
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member

Annnnd because I tend to read more than one book at a time, I've just as recently finished rereading The Dragon Reborn (Wheel of Time #3) by Robert Jordan. I've also cracked open The Shadow Rising (WoT #4).

I loved "Blameless" and I am waiting for "Heartless" to be available at the Library. I hope you are also reading "Finishing School" series By Carriger. The series is really good and it’s a prequel to the “Parasol Protectorate” one.
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member

I loved "Blameless" and I am waiting for "Heartless" to be available at the Library. I hope you are also reading "Finishing School" series By Carriger. The series is really good and it’s a prequel to the “Parasol Protectorate” one.
    Oh, thank you for the tip! I will absolutely check out "Finishing School" next. Carriger is a delightful writer.
  • suejersey
    suejersey Posts: 36 Member
    This is Where I Leave You, Jonathan Tropper
    Once We Were Brothers, Ronald Balson
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    "Raw" by Belle Aurora.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Whispers underground by Ben Aaronovitch
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Little face = sophie Hannah, not the best !
  • 'Allegiant', the last book in the 'Divergent' trilogy by Veronica Roth. Absolutely amazing.
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    A moveable feast by Ernest Hemingway.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    I always have several books on the go at once.

Now: "The End of Men: and the rise of Women". Hanna Rosin. Excellent Rosin (Cannot put it down).

"People Are Idiots and I can Prove It". Larry Winget.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    all the fifty books but the last one i couldnt finish the last 15 pages, made me sick to my stomach!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Just finished Linda Ronstadt's memoir "Simple Dreams" - - she's a very good writer! Just started The 100-year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson which is very funny, sort of a Swedish "Forrest Gump".

Thanks. Both sound promising. <3
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    http://www.amazon.com/Since-Before-You-Were-Born-ebook/dp/B00EHT3B5G
    Book Description
    "Spinach plopped from a can. Couches burning in the yard. A car with a good view of the pavement below. Sometimes, it just ain't easy growing up. But in this book of fiction, C.W. Grody takes a funny, and often ridiculous, look at the world in which he grew up. The result is a funny but sometimes poignant look at children trying to make sense of their world while their parents struggle to somehow make sure the kids make it to adulthood."

"Since Before You Were Born" by C.W.Gordy Only $2.99 on Amazon. Short read but very funny. If you were born in the mid 60's and lived in a small town you will LOVE this book. What made it even better for me is the Author grew up in the same town that I did and is only a couple years older. So places and names in the book are very familiar.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Force Protection by Gordon Kent.

Working my way throught the Game of Thrones books, but I don't (didn't) have the Dance with Dragons books so i needed a quick filler while I waiting on an Amazon delivery.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Dexter by design, not my usual sort of book, but i only recently discovered the tv program Dexter, and now that it's finished i'm reading the books to compare, must admit i'm finding them entertaining and i'm getting through them at a fast rate

i'm also currently reading Nicholas St North to my son, and i'm finding that very good as well lol. i do love the rise of the guardians film, and it's interesting to find out the story behind the story
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Dust Patricia cornwell
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    The Lies of Locke Lamora. Fantasy meets crime caper meets A Tale of Two Cities
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Divergent by Veronica Roth
    The Shining by Stephen King
    and
    Once We were Brothers by Ronald Balson

=)
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk. I am currently in the search for a new novel to read. Maybe I'll find a good one here.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    'Gone Girl' - Gillian Flynn - Soooo good! I'm now reading 'Sharp Objects'!!
  • The Exorcist- Much scarier then the movie!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Wired for Love - what an eye opener :grumble:
  • I'm reading Lulu In Marrakesh, by Diane Johnson. Sophisticated chick lit. ;-)
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    I read a ton. Just finished rereading "The Magicians" and "The Magician King" by Lev Grossman. I love them both as someone who was obsessed with Narnia as a kid.

Ick, I hated "The Magicians". To each his own but I thought it was a total rip off of Harry Potter and Narnia...except written for the kids that read those and are now grown up so there is sex, swearing and substance abuse. It wasn't for me at all. Transfiguration into ferrets so they all have sex with eachother? weird.

By the way, my last book was "Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows" as I had never read the series before. I've been in a bit of a throwback mood I guess. I am now reading "Random Family" which strikes me as very dense so far. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Jillian Michaels - Making the Cut
  • 50 shades of grey