November Challenge for the outcasts:)

Options

Replies

• nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    :frown: Name……................................SW MFP ……….11/2……….Goal for 11/30.........November loss so far

Nicole (princesspurple)……...149…………..138.2…………..134...........................-3.1(136)
    Sarah (sarahp43)………..........184…………..155…………….150...........................-2(153)
    Mary (mcanals123)……...........178…………..175…………….165...........................-2.5 (172.5)
    Kimberly (albredera)..212orig..187………….169.1………..….164.1.......................-1.8(167.3)
    Nicole(nikki91950)....................173…………. 116………….…110
    Jackie (fitnewlife)……...............172…………...140……………136
    Kathleen(kath711).....................127...................127....................123
    Jess(jessemerson86)..............188...................180...................174...........................-7(173)-UNBELIEVABLE JOB:)
    Margie (mbodine)......................233.6.................224.4...............215...........................-2.6 (221.8)

Okay-We have not heard from Nicole, Jackie, and Kathleen. If we don't hear from them soon-I will remove the names from the chart:frown:
    Everyone is doing great...how about this...does anyone want to list a challenge for this upcoming week? How about tell us a little about yourself and we can personalize this thread and keep it going:). Jess-what are you doing that you have already lost 7 pounds this am?

Thanksgiving is coming-you can still keep your loss, get up and work out before the day starts and work our harder on that Friday....

About me...I was always athletic and acitve, coached gymnastics, and kayaked and hiked a lot. Then I met my husband and took a desk job and we did a lot of non-athletic things....Then after having my son 23 months ago..I decided to kick it up a few notches. I started at 160-went up and down..then January of this year, I started a weightloss group at work-I got down to 134.5. I gained a little this summer, but I ran my first marathon this past week:) I am smaller than I was in college...but my ultimate goal is 128..I just want to get there..I know I can do it w/ your help:flowerforyou:

I never wrote anything about myself. So here it goes...

I am married, been with my husband for 10 years in January, married for only 3 1/2. We just had our first baby girl in June. She will be 5 months tomorrow. She is the best thing thats ever happened to me. I work full time for a hairdressing company, I used to do hair color in the salon but now work in the office. I wish I could be a stay at home mom, but there is just no way. Ive never been real athletic, but have always been in a healthy weight range until I graduated high school, once that happened I put on weight. I tried diets and working out and would always give up. Until one day something hit me. I started working out all the time and eating really well, lost 35 pounds. I dropped a lot of pant sizes and was in a size 4. Exercise was my life, except for my husband. When I got pregnant, I continued to workout for the first 4 months then completely stopped and my diet derailed. I gained about 45 pounds pregnant and I am down 32 so far. I need to lose about 15 more pounds to get to my pre-prego weight but my first goal is to just lose 7 more for now and then go from there. That will put me in the healthy weight range for my height. I went from a size 4 to a 15, now Im in a 11... so if I can get in to a single digit pant size Ill be happy. I look a lot smaller than I really am. Bums me out :( but I will get there and its all worth it
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think the no excuses for not exercising will be quite the challenge for me. I struggle with finding time to exercise, and have been making up excuses lately not to (such as just not being in the mood and not pushing myself to do it). I'm up for it though. I really need to step up my game when it comes to exercising. Hoping the 30 day Shred and Biggest Loser 30 day jumpstart will help (arriving via netflix tomorrow!)

Sarah's post reminded me that I never posted anything about myself either, so here goes: I'm 24, and was a little on the low side of the normal weight when I graduate high school (125lbs) and had an insane metabolism (I could eat anything and not gain weight even without working out), then when I got to college I gained 30lbs my first month. Though I was dismayed by that, I was in great denial about how much weight I'd really gained until about a year and a half ago. Last summer I attempted to lose weight, but was not really motivated to do so, and failed. I've been with my boyfriend for just over a year now, and we'd been talking about living healthier (eating better, exercising) for quite some time. We stopped eating red meat a year ago, and decided at the beginning of October to really commit to living better (it helps that he splurged and got me the Wii Fit Plus for my birthday). Since then we've been pushing each other to live healthier, but I'm so grateful for all the female support I've found on MFP. And this group has really caused me to push myself more (Yay!) I'm already looking forward to next month's challenge group.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Here's a baby step challange.. Everyone do atleast one more work out than they did last week. :)
  • Jenn_Dee
    Options
    Can I still Join?
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Jenn_Dee....of course you can still join...we are all pretty laid back and just here for some support:drinker:

Margie-Great Idea!!!!!! Extra day of working out, why not?!?!?!!? It can't hurt!

Sarah-you are almost there...you will do it! I feel the same way about having my son! It is just fantastic. Staying fit is good for them to see also:)

Jess! do you miss the meat? I was a vegetarian for 10 years and i started eating meat again and I haven't gone back. I don't know how I ever lived w/ out bacon! WII Fit is fun! Does he do it w/ you?

Jess brought up next month's challenge group-I can't believe we are more than halfway over already! We can keep this thread and just keep adding on! I will repost the updated numbers on Friday..you all can weigh in any day and I will get it all in there:)
  • Jenn_Dee
    Options
    Name: Jenn
    Start weight:140
    Goal weight for 11/30: 135
    what will I do: I will Run 2-3x a week, (One Mile at a time), Zumba 2x a week, Turbo Jam 2x a week, and my regular push up, sit ups, and crunches. Stay under my caliorie intake. Clean when I get the urg to eat more. lol
    Motivations: I want my pre pregnancy body back. Feel better about myself, feeling comfortable in my bikini next summer!
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Jess! do you miss the meat? I was a vegetarian for 10 years and i started eating meat again and I haven't gone back. I don't know how I ever lived w/ out bacon! WII Fit is fun! Does he do it w/ you?

Nicole, I don't miss the meat at all. We've found pretty good alternatives for the stuff we'd eat a lot (like turkey bacon). Now that I've been away from the meat, it seems so strange that I ever ate it at all. And yes, my boyfriend does the Wii Fit too. He actually uses it more than I do, which encourages me to use it more. A little healthy competition never hurts. lol.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just signed up with MFP today, motivated by my son and his girlfriend doing so well. They have changed their lifestyle and no longer eat red meat but I am not ready to give up my hamburg (88-93%) nor occasional pork. Did well this morning then became ill with GI bug after lunch so not sure if will bother my progress. Tomorrow is a new day. Thanks for taking late comers.
    SW-237
    GW(11/30) - 232
    LTGW -150
  • albredera
    Options
    SW on WII Fit 11/17/09: 212
    SW MFP 08/31/10: 187

SW this challenge.... Monday 11/02 = 169.1
    checking in... Saturday 11/06 = 168.2.... :smile:
    checking in... Monday 11/08 = 167.6.... :smile:
    checking in... Wednesday 11/10 = 167.3... :smile:
    checking in... Wednesday 11/17 = 168.2 up .9 after mini vacy in NYC, let's see how the rest of the month goes :smile:
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Well since I didn't really workout last week I've already accomplished this goal. So I guess I'll try and double it.
    Here's a baby step challange.. Everyone do atleast one more work out than they did last week. :)
  • princesspurple
    Options
    you are funny fitnewlife:)

Jenn_Dee..I will get you added on the list shortly....how old is your little one?

maeadair....you don't need to give up red meat...I didn't eat it for 10 years..now that I do eat it again, I have MORE energy-you need that to lose weight! I will get you added also.

Kimberly--how was NYC? What did you do there? I love NY!

I did Insanity again this am....I pigged out last night-that is my problem..nighttime eating...all day I do great, they even bought pizza in the office the other day and I did not have one piece, I stuck to my soup and grilled cheese! I eat a million things at night!
  • margie_77
    Options
    220.0 stall out due to . over!! :) woo hoo!!
  • Jenn_Dee
    Options
    As of yesterday I am down to 135 for a total of a 5 lbs loss. :smile:
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 125.5 which is up a pound but recovered from stomach bug so figured would go back up some. :ohwell:
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything yet but I've been back in the gym this week. I'm feeling quite motivated.
  • albredera
    Options
    Kimberly--how was NYC? What did you do there? I love NY!

It was non-stop.... we started in Long Island (visited his relatives), moved on to Brooklyn, Greenpoint, Williamsburg and DUMBO (down under the Manhattan Bridge overpass - clever huh?) where we ate at The Vinegar Hill House (yummy yummy yummy)... then on to the City where we stayed at the Excelsior Hotel overlooking the American Natural History Museum, where we spent 1 day and explored 1 floor (there are 5) - it was AMAZING (I highly recommend it). Spent our last morning in Central Park.... just incredible. I have never seen, in person, changing leaves OMG! What a sight, there were trees half green and half red - we DON'T have that in FL. All in all, we must have walked 10-20 miles and it felt great! BTW, he planned the trip for my birthday and did a GREAT job :heart: !

Here's a little about me....
    I'm 39, live, work & breathe in Tampa, FL. I work in the accounting industry and just recently graduated with a masters in accounting. I work for a general contractor, have no children and live with the most incredible man - he's a chef and works at a local, well-established restaurant....
  • Jenn_Dee
    Options
    My little girl is two years old and we are currently going through the terriable twos. I call her the sour patch kid because she will be very mean then super nice...no in between! haha! and how old is your little one....Adorable I may add!:wink:
  • mcanals123
    Options
    ok so im seriously considering dropping my coffee addiction for the rest of the month. Is anybody else addicted to coffee and find that it might just be whats holding you back from dropping the weight i cant seem to go under 172 no matter what i do and now with tom i just wanna pig out but im trying to behave so well see i will check in tomorrow :)
  • margie_77
    Options
    224.4 down to 219.8 -4.6 so far.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Good morning everyone-well, it is not noon! I am so tired, I had to work overtime the last few days. I didn't even get to finish my dinner last night, I honestly was too tired to eat. Was frustrated this am that I gained 0.7 pounds. But, I didn't exercise much last week-my body needed to recover from the marathon. I started Insanity on Monday, and I plan to go for a small run at lunch today to get my legs moving again...I can't wait!

Name……................................SW MFP ……….11/2……….Goal for 11/30.........November loss so far

Nicole (princesspurple)……...149…………..138.2…………..134...........................-1.5(136.7) …..
    Sarah (sarahp43)………..........184…………..155…………….150...........................-3(152) ………
    Mary (mcanals123)……...........178…………..175…………….165...........................+0.5(175.5) ……
    Kimberly (albredera)….............187………….169.1………..….164.1.......................-0.9(168.2) …….
    Jackie (fitnewlife)……...............172…………...140……………136 ………………..//(140)…………..
    Kathleen(kath711).....................127...................127....................123 …………….....-1.5(125.5)……
    Jess(jessemerson86)..............188...................180...................174/170...................-9(171).………Already met her goal
    Margie (mbodine)......................233.6.................224.4...............215...........................-4.6(219.8)……
    Jenn(Jenn_Dee)…………………………………140……….…135…………………-5(135).........Already met her goal
    Maedadair…………………………………………237……………232

Maeadair and Jenn-you are official now:)
    Maeadair-you have some great support with your family!
    Jenn-prebaby body is popular around here! My son is 23 months and he just started being “terrible” this week! I feel for you!
    Jess…it really is nice I am sure to have your boyfriend do it all with you.
    Kathleen-I hope you are feeling better
    Kimberly-the trip sounds great…I could stay in Central park all day...I love it there..my husband is a chef as well! Isn’t that great!
    Mary-we just stopped having coffee this past week, we drink it w/ the coffee mate creamer-so high in calories! We have been drinking tea w/ fruit and honey!

Let's all kick it up a notch! We have 12 days left! What happens then!?!?!? New goals for a new month!