Why do you want to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• hillarayray
    Options
    My goals are somewhat similar.

I've always been the "heavier" girl, not by a lot, but it's always made me very self conscious of it. I want to be happier and healthier and more confident in myself. Not to mention it would be nice to be able to wear all the cute clothes I see others wearing, and have them actually LOOK GOOD on me.
  • tenatroy1
    Options
    Transamerica cycling trip. :)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I want the guys i play basketball with to ask me to take it easy cause im killing them
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have scoliosis and I know if I lose weight it will put less pressure on my back. Plus, I want to be the hottest chick in pictures instead of the fattest chick lol
  • mboromom
    mboromom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I want to move around comfortably (no pains) I want to be fit (no heavy breathing with normal activity) I want to look awesome and have my outward appearance match my spirit. I want to be arm candy for my husband and someone my kids can look up to and be proud of. I want all those cute clothes!!!!!!
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    So many reasons

Mainly my health - back and leg pain is becoming more manageable with this new healthy lifestyle.
    My mood is better
    I have lots more energy
    and obviously, I have more confidence because I am looking better!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    - I'm 35 and can hardly walk due to osteoarthitis and bone spurs in my hip and knees.
    - I have severe sleep apnea and a host of other health issues
    - I will die if I don't
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Life.

It's much more difficult with the extra weight. I'm halfway there!
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I wanted to lose what because i missed what i once was. When i was younger (im only 27 btw :-P ) i was VERY skinny until i hit high school, wanted to get girls so i pumped up. Then i got into minor bodybuilding working out with the Air Force dudes at teh gym.

When i took at job far away from my family and friends to start my career i hit a new low that i never noticed until many years later, i was eating like bodybuilder but not motivated to work out so i got pretty big.

I have lost a very good amaount of that weight now and i have never been happier and i have my motivation back. So instead of bulking again cause that was just tiring and im older now, i just want time itself to freeze when this shirt comes off.

So im working on leaning the body on up and heck might even do some part time modelling i mean heck use what you got right? :-D

And of course the first and most important thing, healthy. I value life to the fullest! So i want to stay healthy and still be as mobile as i am now even when i one day become a grandpa heck even a great grandpa

So thats my motivation
  • Stitches29
    Options
    my father died at 37 of a heart attack. my grandfather died of the same thing in his early 60s. and the countless other heart attacks that run on my mothers side. it comes down to the fact that I don't want to die. I have 2 wonderful boys that I want to be around for and a husband I want to grow old with. it's not my time. things have got to change.
  • GeekyKellie
    Options
    My biggest motivator right now is that I am a costumer, and I want to feel better in my costumes! I have a big convention coming up in August, so I'd love to lose like 15 pounds before then :) .
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Honestly, a big reason right now is because I will be meeting my favorite celebrity in Sept and having my picture with him and I am determined to look good for it lol. That's only a short term reason though. I just feel better about myself and better all around when I weigh less. Plus I am healthier and feel it. More energy. Better self esteem. All of the normal reasons. But yeah there is no way I am letting my fav actor see me fat. No way. Very strong motivation actually lol.
  • lisajuliette
    lisajuliette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    All great reasons for wanting to lose :) Good luck on your journey guys and feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Honestly, a big reason right now is because I will be meeting my favorite celebrity in Sept and having my picture with him and I am determined to look good for it lol. That's only a short term reason though. I just feel better about myself and better all around when I weigh less. Plus I am healthier and feel it. More energy. Better self esteem. All of the normal reasons. But yeah there is no way I am letting my fav actor see me fat. No way. Very strong motivation actually lol.

Ask spike to get me cordies number :)
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight to feel better physically and mentally. My back hurts, I am tired all of the time..wait, no..I'M EXHAUSTED.. And I am simply tired of feeling terrible, and not having a good self image. I have girls, and I think it is very important for them to have self esteem. But I couldn't be teaching them the right way, if I have very low self esteem myself. I believe I am here for the right reasons. YES....I do want to "look good".. but mostly I want to lead a happy, healthy, active life.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and can hardly walk due to osteoarthitis and bone spurs in my hip and knees.
    - I have severe sleep apnea and a host of other health issues
    - I will die if I don't

Bless your heart... I can truly sympathize with you. I have osteoarthritis as well. I had a total hip replacement one year ago this month actually. I was 39 at the time of the replacement. keep your head up!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I was always the fat friend and got sick of it. All my friends were married and having kids was the starte of it. Now that I have lost a lot of weight, there are so many more reasons to lose the pounds I still have to lose and to keep it off. I have more self-confidence, I sleep better, my health is better all around, I can shop wherever I want,....and on and on. Life is much more fun without the extra weight.

As for support, I was lucky and had a lot of support from family and friends. I think at first, some were sceptical, but after a month or so, my friends and family were very supportive. I also found a personal trainer that was encouraging and supportive. My two best friends were probably the most supportive, neither has had weight problems and they have been the best!
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I want to have a baby. I have been given information by my doctor on the risks to me and my baby of being pregnant and overweight and basically they frightened me. So I am trying to lose at least some weight before my partner and I start trying.
  • KMTSSF
    KMTSSF Posts: 6
    Options
    To feel good about myself and just be healthier. Also, I'm going on vacation in July and would like to wear a bathing suit without crying.