What do real people eat?

Options

Replies

• jason923
    jason923 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of egg white omelets with mushrooms, light rye toast.
  • lessofless
    lessofless Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The best snack of all time is frozen bananas. Mash them up and add other ingredients for different flavours. It tastes just like ice cream.
  • lauribear
    lauribear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite lunches is a mix of brown rice, black beans, chopped frozen kale and feta cheese. I cook up a big pot of brown rice on the weekend (or barley, farro, etc.). In the morning I take the kale out of the freezer and add in the other stuff. By lunch time, it's all thawed and ready to go.

I sometimes mix the rice and beans with salsa, then add some frozen corn and fresh red pepper. It's delicious and super filling!

I also use the cooked grains for breakfast. Just add a cup to a bowl, add some skim milk, sprinkle with cinnamon and microwave until hot. Top with chopped fruit and sometimes maple syrup.

I usually keep hardboiled eggs in the fridge for snacks. They are great sliced on a toasted English muffin, or with some veggie sticks and/or hummus. I love avocados spread on toasted English muffins, too, topped with a little curry powder and sometimes a slice of old cheddar. YUM!
  • katieshkins
    Options
    You also need to keep in mind what everyone's goals are. Some people are here to gain weight, some are here to become body builders, etc.

Haven't quite figured out how to share my diary yet, and I don't think I want to until I can get my foods to where I want them to be. But the reason I was able to start this diet so quickly is that I was able to set everything up and stick to the foods I normally eat, just keep track of everything. I have a very busy life and my job keeps me moderately active, so I am happy I can still eat frozen dinners (carefully selected for low sodium and nutritional value), take out, and canned soups. I love ready-made snacks like cheese, fruit, nuts, and granola bars. I try to cook at home and eat fresh, but if i can't, it's great that I have back-up options. I adjusted my calories and I honestly don't feel like I am on a diet. I will start incorporating heavy workouts next month, and I will work on getting foods prepared to just re-heat, but for now I am feeling pretty good. Already lost a few lbs.
  • naomijuliette96
    naomijuliette96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    As opposed to what? Dolls? Mannequins? Stuffed Animals?
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Mine's open, peruse at your own peril
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Mines open but I love to cook so my meals are more involved than you'd like.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, almost all whole food and everything is home cooked...and it is Mexican food, because I live in Mexico:...:o). Might not be to your liking.....
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My diary is open....I cook about 70% of the time....Eat a fresh meal for dinner and left overs for lunch the next day. The other 30% is eating out, or "quick" stuff....I'm trying to work more toward cooking daily. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Diary's open... I cook a lot. Tons of prep on Sunday and it makes the week stupid easy.
    I lost 120lbs eating this way last time. I quit and gained 50lbs back. (ooops) Back at it.
  • glockman17
    Options
    aliens
  • princessofmilk
    Options
    Breakfast: Porridge topped with fruit, muesli topped with fruit and natural yoghurt, scrambled eggs on wholegrain toast

Lunch: Chicken in a wholegrain wrap with whatever salad you like, soup and a wholegrain roll (covent garden does great low cal, low fat ones that count towards your five a day if you're in the uk), omelette with sundried tomatoes, low fat mozarella (garlic and basil to season if you like) topped with baby spinach leaves

Dinner: Chicken, mushrooms and onion (add more veg or chickpeas to bulk it up) with tandoori spice and brown rice as a side (this cooks really well in a foreman grill), steak topped with mushrooms and onions, side of salad and baby new veg, salmon and veggie noodles

Snacks: Yoghurt (natural is best), fruit, rice cakes topped with light philadelphia, nuts, low cal/fat cereal bars, low calorie hot chocolate or milkshake powder
  • Wandering_1
    Wandering_1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm still learning too. I don't like doing a lot of prep so I figure I'll cut up veggies and fruits & single servings of stuff like nuts, olives, pickles, low cal crackers, etc.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I eat the same handful of things, so any one week of my diary is about all the variety there is. (Much of that being pizza.)
  • CheatinLil
    CheatinLil Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the replies. I feel like I have my grocery list for the rest of the year! :)
  • j3nn14er
    Options
    Half cup of rice, can of tuna, random seasonings (soy sauce/sriracha for me), maybe some mayo if you're craving sometime creamy but don't eat cheese/peanut butter/etc. Only takes as long as cooking rice takes... like 5 min. So tasty and only around 300c for a super filling meal.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary. :)

My go-to meal is a whole grain tortilla with 2 tbsp. crunchy peanut butter + 1/2 cup strawberries with 1/2 cup baby carrots on the side
  • silasrd
    silasrd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That. Is. Hilarious!
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Real people as opposed to...?
  • amn238
    amn238 Posts: 2
    Options
    My diary is open and I make most of my own meals. Some involve way more than 3 ingredients though. Another caveat: I am just back in the MFP game after a few months away :)