What's your quick, go-to meal?

Options

Replies

• msvdz
    msvdz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A salad with a handful of dried cranberries, cashews, crumbled blue cheese and homemade dressing which is always ready in the fridge. Its all about good, real dressing.

Super quick- a can of cold V8 juice and a baby bel.
  • DallasSusan
    DallasSusan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with whatever I have in the fridge (ham, sausage, cheese, peppers, spinach etc)
    Frozen grilled chicken (I always keep some) with frozen veggies.
    Quesadillas (with just cheese, or beans and cheese)
    Oatmeal

Yes! Whatever veggies I have in the fridge scrambled with eggs. Thanks to all who made this suggestion.
    I woke up too early today (4:45 am). I had no eggs in the fridge so I ate a bowl of cereal with milk. I've been off grains for a while. Bad idea. Somehow the cereal really messed up my appetite. I stayed ravenously hungry all morning long and I ended up pigging out on a double cheeseburger for lunch. From now on: I will always keep eggs in the fridge and no cereal on the pantry.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What ingredients do you always have in your fridge that you turn to when you have nothing else to eat? Something healthy preferably!

Oatmeal -- I'm recently on a Coco-Oats kick... cook oats with milk and cocoa until done and finish with a swirl of peanut butter if desired.

Eggs. However you want to eat them with whatever you want to eat them with.

Tuna with oil and vinegar, fresh veggies and pasta (hot or cold).

And I ALWAYS keep homemade frozen soup in the freezer. I never put pasta in it until I'm about to eat it though so I'll cook up some of that while the soup is reheating from frozen. Though I don't always use pasta.

Finally, plain yogurt (usually Greek, but not always) and cereal.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Toasted Dave's Killer bread of any name smeared with peanut butter. Dave's Killer bread is regional, so I also get to feel special and exclusive. :wink:
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Since I started Paleo I cannot stop making this.... And it is quick for me. (under 10 minutes)

In a skillet:
    -1/2 burger
    -1/2 Chopped onion, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 chilli pepper, whatever else sounds good.
    -Seasoned with "Slap ya Mama" and garlic. ;)
    -2 fried eggs over easy and placed on top of the skillet.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^and even better since he makes it for me!
    You two rock!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of spinach with 2 poached eggs and a sprinkle of Kirkland precooked bacon. I poach the eggs in a bowl of hot water in my microwave on high for 1 minute

Sounds so yummy. I love the Kirkland pre-cooked bacon. Awesome.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Since I started Paleo I cannot stop making this.... And it is quick for me. (under 10 minutes)

In a skillet:
    -1/2 burger
    -1/2 Chopped onion, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 chilli pepper, whatever else sounds good.

It sounds good.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

In a skillet:
    -1/2 burger

It sounds good.

I have to ask...what in the world is "slap yo momma" :laugh:
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    egg white omelette .
    its not only egg whites , i put 4 egg whites and one full egg then throw in various veggies i have in my fridge and left over meats cook that in coconut oil and add some srirracha on top
    its sooo yummy
  • arhelton753
    Options
    I almost always have whole wheat pasta in my house, extra virgin olive oil, and some sort of veggie - either frozen, canned, or fresh - I make the pasta and season it pretty spicy, then pour some warmed olive oil over it - then throw the veggies in - it's a nice little carb load if you need some quick food - or if you have some deli meat in your fridge I've added that before to give me a protein kick w/ the illusion of pasta - you could even throw an egg or two in and give it a little fried pasta kind of flavor - endless possibility w/ whole wheat pasta, veggie, olive oil, and egg....
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Egg's most definitely! Usually I like my over easy (fried with some EVOO). Or any piece of fruit....grapefruit, bananas, and raspberries are my favorite.
  • apyt2c
    apyt2c Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My quickest GO TO Meals:

1. Boiled eggs (1 or 2)
    2. Turkey Bacon (2-4 strips microwaved)
    3. Yogurt and Almonds.

I keep them at home and in the fridge at work.
    My office loves when its snack time, bacon smells so good.
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I make instant chicken and veggie soup. I always have cut up raw veggies, boiled chicken, and Swanson's Chicken and/or Veggie broth in my fridge. If I don't have left overs, I will steam the veggies real quick, toss them in a bowl with broth and chicken and heat it up. Boom. Food. I usually have broccoli or spinach in the soup.
  • hmoser370
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options

In a skillet:
    -1/2 burger

I'm so trying this tonight! YUMMO!

If I'm crunched for time I do Spinach, tuna, onions and bell peppers with some feta and balsamic vinegar & olive oil... Filling and tasty in less than 5 mins...
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Bacon and cheese omelet, Baby-bel cheese rounds, souls, or shaved turkey.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Bacon and cheese omelet, Baby-bel cheese rounds, souls, or shaved turkey.

You eat souls? Hardcore.

(If this is an actual thing and not a typo, lol....please explain. I'd be intrigued.)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Not a typo, I find them to be succulent and tasty when seared and flame-broiled. >:D
  • bobby790
    Options
    My quick go-to-meal is pan seared chicken w/brown rice and chia seed.
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Eggs every time!!