My period is gone?

Options

Replies

• KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My period has stopped twice in my life (besides my 2 pregnancies). Once during basic training for the Army (8 weeks) and nothing. My female Drill Instructor said it was normal with all of the suddenly new high intensity training. It started back up after basic. Then back in 2003 when my body fat got down to 17% my period stopped for 6 months. We were done having kids so I wasn't overly concerned. I know now it is better to have a regular cycle if possible. My dr. said there was a shot he could give me to give me a period for a month.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ermahgerd, where did you put it?? \m/
  • MommyToAllieB
    MommyToAllieB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Have you been exercising way more than normal? This would happen to me in high school when I would go away to summer camp and my activity level would go way up from where it usually was. I wouldn't get my period for the whole summer. Then when I went back to normal activity level, it would come back...
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    you know what the answer will be.

1. Go take a pregnancy test.
    2. If you starve yourself your period by stop
    3. Many many different things can affect your cycle, start with #1, if its negative, then go see your doctor.

Well, I haven't done anything to result in #1...So...it's not that.

If you had sex (not necessarily sexual intercourse) with a person who produces seaman in the last 3 months I would still get a home pregnancy test.

Many women get a light period or break through bleeding in the first month of being pregnant.

Are you on any kind of birth control. There are many types that will cause you to miss/have irregular periods.

If you know for certain you are not pregnant, I would wait another month and check with your doctor.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    It could be related to working out. When I went through Basic in 2008 my period was MIA until about the 9th week. It's doing the same thing again now that I've started working out more again.

If you're concerned call your medical provider and ask them if you need to come in for a check-up.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    One of your previous posts says you've been eating 700-1100 calories/day. That could have something to do with it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

3. Many many different things can affect your cycle, start with #1, if its negative, then go see your doctor.

Well that can be remedied.....but really go see a doctor.
    Oh and EAT!!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

immaculate conception... that is all.
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    One of your previous posts says you've been eating 700-1100 calories/day. That could have something to do with it.

oh...you aren't eating the minimum recommended daily calorie allowance?

well there's your answer.

eat more.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    stress or low body fat did it to me
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You're 4 days late so I wouldn't necessarily be concerned yet.

That said, if you're truly eating 700-1100 calories you need to eat more.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

If you had sex (not necessarily sexual intercourse) with a person who produces seaman in the last 3 months I would still get a home pregnancy test.

Many women get a light period or break through bleeding in the first month of being pregnant.

Are you on any kind of birth control. There are many types that will cause you to miss/have irregular periods.

If you know for certain you are not pregnant, I would wait another month and check with your doctor.

Woah! So I can only get pregnant if I have sex with a military recruiter?
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    I've had friends in the same situation from overexercising. But they all said they were told to tone it down because that kind of reaction also leads to bone mass loss and other issues that go with hormone imbalance.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So, I haven't had my period this month (I usually start 15-18th) and it's just gone, I guess. I'm really kinda concerned, anybody have a clue to what's going on? I know it's TMI, sorry. Also I wasn't sure where to put this, so I just posted it here.

Hve you had sex?

Take a pregnancy test.

If not, and you're new to diet and exercse or have some other new stress in your life, I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. Then see your doctor.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Shoot. I had sex with a miltary recruiter (Marine) for years and no pregnancies. I must be lucky ...
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options

^
    ^
    This
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Shoot. I had sex with a miltary recruiter (Marine) for years and no pregnancies. I must be lucky ...

There it is! I've been looking for a lovely period piece for my wall . . .
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you're not preg and are under more stress than usual, it can throw things off kilter. I know for me when I changed my diet and exercise (meaning I actually started doing something to lose weight), it put more stress on me and my body reacted to it. My body is slowly but surly going back to what it is use to now that I'm getting in a habit and routine of working out and eating better.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Happened to me back in late 2012-early 2013... Just disappeared. But when I gained a little weight back, it rejoined me. No real explanation besides switching up my workout routine.