Protein Shakes for Girls?

Options
1235»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I just bought "Lean 1" by Nutrition 53. It seems to get pretty good reviews--it has some Hoodia and green coffee bean extract added in, along with fish oil and CLA.

Raspberry Ketones DO help, if you're working out regularly. They enhance your results. I'd just steer clear of anythign that isn't pure ketones--keep the caffeine and all the other garbage out of it. I've never tried that particular brand you mentioned, but I've tried ketones and they truly did help speed up the fat loss. I'm starting them again today myself.

Thank you!!!! The first decent reply. Some people are just damn right rude.
    Thank you for your help - I really appreciate it :) x

Of allllll the posts here THIS is the one you're going with??

Good luck to you.

Excuse me? I am not going to reply to everyone - but I can sure as hell tell you that was a decent reply compared to some other cheeky people. I thought this was about support etc? Just as *****y as facebook! GROW UP.

I knew there was a reason I denied your friend request. Thanks for solidifying that for me.

Yeah, not very inspired to help in the future. To any who are lurking, ketones do not enhance your weight loss. As others have said, it is a gimmick. Weight loss is dependent on eating at a deficit so focus on that. Include exercise (my recommendation would be both strength/resistance and cardio) and you've got the winning combination. :bigsmile:

ETA: Protein shakes for women are the same as for men. If it is advertised for women, it is more than likely a marketing scheme to justify a high price. I've heard Trutein is great, but it's a little too pricey for me. I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey Isolates. Even though lactose intolerant, this protein works really well for me and doesn't mess with me at all. It's 120cals and 24g of protein a scoop (31-32g).
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend the kind that brings the boys to the yard.....
    original.0 \m/

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard....
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I usually go with the hippy hippy shake and whatever protein powder is on sale.

For the other, I am a bit of a tightwad, so I don't like to waste money. If I really wanted to try them, I would raid my mom's medicine cabinet. She tries it all. She gets about half-way through a bottle, realizes they don't work and goes on to the next snake oil on the market. Total pounds lost: 1, unless she eats, then 0. Not exactly scientific, but meh. Neither is all the stuff saying they work.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Mmmm Ketones combine those with some poopsterbating, and you will lose 10lbs a week.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFgEGmAbJew

that is my favorite protein shake....

especially when it gets everywhere.

:laugh:
  • stripeytrousers
    Options
    My wife lights some vanilla-scented candles and plays soft music before she makes herself a protein shake. She'll put fruit and stuff in the vitamix with it. Usually she drinks it reclining, wearing some warm fuzzy socks, and it always looks to be in soft focus.

I mix mine with as little water as possible until it is about the consistency of custard, or perhaps flan if you're ethnic, at which point I choke it down, grimace, and slam my fist on the table. Loud heavy metal plays and I bulge my eyes out and describe things as being "extreme" or "massive" or "chutney".

Otherwise the actual powder is the same.

LOVE this!!
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just bought "Lean 1" by Nutrition 53. It seems to get pretty good reviews--it has some Hoodia and green coffee bean extract added in, along with fish oil and CLA.

Raspberry Ketones DO help, if you're working out regularly. They enhance your results. I'd just steer clear of anythign that isn't pure ketones--keep the caffeine and all the other garbage out of it. I've never tried that particular brand you mentioned, but I've tried ketones and they truly did help speed up the fat loss. I'm starting them again today myself.

FROM YOUR PROFILE
    I've tried pills, patches, shakes and injections. Everything worked for a bit, then bounced right back. For nearly 20 years I've been trying fad diets and supplements

insanity-def.jpeg

JUST STOP

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

HOLY ****, this is epic!!! Is this real life?!?!?! /thread