Hair chopping

Options

Replies

• _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I don't think it looks good on Jennifer Lawrence or anyone else personally.

This. I hate pixie cuts.

+1,000,000. Worthless personal opinion but women should be able to AT LEAST get a pony tail in or it's too short.

Not necessarily . . . should be long enough to get a hold of and pull.

As far as looks, pixie cuts work for some women. Not all.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    this is how i chopped mine...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_Vrs4BWuTbGtEiQ-ncj2VUYQQBhGf4EeyQynudo0gSLp6onk0nw

She looks like a man
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of getting my hair chopped off short like Jennifer Lawerences. But is my face too fat for that hairstyle?

Is your hair curly? Will you straighten it every day?

If the answer is no, look for a short curly cut.

I like short hair on women, but yes, a lot of men do not. I'm fine with that.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

+1,000,000. Worthless personal opinion but women should be able to AT LEAST get a pony tail in or it's too short.

Any opinion that contains the words "women should" should remain unvoiced, in my opinion.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options

She looks like a man

lol wut.
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to get a pixie cut like J Law but the problem is my hair is very curly so will it look weird?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

She looks like a man
    Whatever, you'd hit it.
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Any opinion that contains the words "women should" should remain unvoiced, in my opinion.

He stated that it was his personal opinion. I think all men should be hot- is it not okay for me to voice that?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    OP, I like pixie cuts.
    JLaw's - not so much. As someone else said, it's too dated for someone her age.... Just bugs me.
    Halle Berry had short hair at some point and I like that.

With your hair curly, I wouldn't do it.
    But if you plan to straighten it, go for it.
    It grows back.

Worst case, you gotta wear a hat to cover it.
    Or a scarf or something.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    But think of the weight loss from getting rid of that hair!!

:laugh:

Ok, but seriously folks, it's your hair. Try it out if you want to. 1 of 2 things will happen:
    1. You love it - so *kitten* what everyone else says and own that you love your new look.
    2. You hate it - it's hair, it will grow. In the mean time you can get extensions if you despise it that much.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

He stated that it was his personal opinion. I think all men should be hot- is it not okay for me to voice that?
    No. That's definitely an ok opinion. Because I agree with you. If I didn't agree with you, then it wouldn't be ok. You see the difference?
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would say go for it. Whatever you do, get it cut by a good stylist. A bad cut is so much more obvious in a short haircut than longer hair.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think all men should be hot

:drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Anyway, unless she's specifically trying to attract that guy, his personal opinion doesn't really matter.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I see all the time on these boards that "men don't like women with short hair." Yet, I have a LOT of friends who have short hair and they're all married. And they had short hair when they met their husbands.

So ... somehow this statement doesn't hold true.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Go through my proile :) I LOVE my short pixie....
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you want! Hair grows back. It's not like you're getting an ugly tattoo or something.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Cut it. Changing your hair up is something fun to do. And I definitely don't think you have a fat face.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY go to one of the websites that let you 'try on' hairstyles by superimposing them on your picture. At least it'll give you an idea of what it'll look like, and you might see some other styles you'd like to try.

I say go for it. Hair grows back. If it makes you happy, it doesn't matter what other people think. A good stylist will work with you to find a cut and style that flatters your face. I think short hair can look great on any face type.

If you're really, really nervous, do it gradually. A couple of years ago my hair was bra-strap length, so I cut it into a bob. I hated it, and after a week, I had it all chopped off into a cut sort of similar to Jennifer Lawrence's- very short in the back and longer in the front. It's gotten shorter and shorter since then, haha! I absolutely love it, and people compliment it all the time.

The only drawbacks to having short hair (not including other people's opinions) are cut/dye maintenance- I have to get mine cut and colored about every 4 weeks, or the roots start to show and it looks shaggy. Depending on where you live, you may want to invest in scarves, hoods, and earmuffs, because you don't realize how warm long hair is until it's gone! Also, remember to put sunscreen on your ears and the back of your neck in the summertime.

Best of luck! I'm sure whatever you choose will look great!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I would never chop my hair.... :grumble:
    some girls can pull it off though.
    But I don't think JLaw does.