Great alternative for Ice cream lovers!

Options

Replies

• zahra51
    zahra51 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow. A lot of you are harsh! The poster obviously wanted to share something good she discovered to be nice. If you'd rather eat ice cream then fine. Why must you blast someone for liking an alternative? Unless you have something nice or helpful, why post a response? Just carry on and let her be. Sheesh! Go ahead, bash me if you must to make yourself feel better. By the way, I love using a frozen banana blended in my food processor with peanut butter. That is my ice cream alternative. :-)

Thank you
    Thank you to the poster for sharing your new discovery. Sharing is caring, and some of us do care.
  • horrorsprite
    Options
    I'm not sure if it will be easy to find, or if anyone else had mentioned it, but I've been eating this stuff called Arctic Zero. Its an ice cream alternative made from monks fruit. Its surprisingly good and there are only 150 calories in the whole pint. It comes in a bunch of yummy flavors, my favorite its mint chocolate.
    Low cal, lower carb, low sugar, acceptable for those with lactose sensitivities. I'd say, try to find that stuff instead of eating cool whip sandwiches (no matter how good those sound).
    :o)

http://www.arcticzero.com/
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Why do we need an alternative for ice cream?

Cause if you eat it, youll get fat. I usually substitute ice cream with this:

rc3f9k.jpg

PM me if you want the recipe.

How will eating some ice cream make you fat?

It doesnt make me fat. I said it makes you fat.

Dont ask me how. I dont know how the universe works, and I dont make the news, I just report it.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Why do we need an alternative for ice cream?

^^^^This. There is no alternative to ice cream but ice cream. Ice cream is as healthy as anything else you eat. Make if fit in your macros and you can enjoy it. I'm having a cup of it tonight!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Wow. A lot of you are harsh! The poster obviously wanted to share something good she discovered to be nice. If you'd rather eat ice cream then fine. Why must you blast someone for liking an alternative?

Because the alternative is not really any better than the real thing. It's not healthier to eat whipped cream. *shrug*
    It isn't even whipped cream. it's partially hydrogenated oil. It's basically a big old tub of trans fats.

If you happen to prefer this particular dessert to ice cream, eat away. But don't fool yourself into thinking it's healthier or even that it's fewer calories than a serving of ice cream.

I dropped from a size 12 to a size 6 in about three months eating a Baskin Robbins ice cream cone (sugar cone, of course) every Friday.

I just didn't even want to get into all that. But now that you went there....

Ingredients: water, hydrogenated vegetable oil (including coconut and palm oils), high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, skim milk, light cream, and less than 2% sodium caseinate (a milk derivative), natural and artificial flavor, xanthan and guar gums, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, and beta carotene (as a coloring).

And just for fun, take a look at the 12 day experiment: http://www.jonathanfields.com/horrifying-12-day-cool-whip-experiment/

Here are the ingredients of Breyers Natural Vanilla: MILK, CREAM, SUGAR, TARA GUM, NATURAL FLAVOR.

Exactly! I bet you a few bucks the Breyers at least pulls some protien and calcium meaning IT ACTUALLY HAS A NUTRITIVE VALUE. The other stuff, no matter, no low-cal, is still empty cal. It's going to make OP hungrier!

Eat a big *kitten* salad then a normal scoop of ice-cream. Bam, huge, super filling and only 300-400 calories.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    So true
    Wow. A lot of you are harsh! The poster obviously wanted to share something good she discovered to be nice. If you'd rather eat ice cream then fine. Why must you blast someone for liking an alternative? Unless you have something nice or helpful, why post a response? Just carry on and let her be. Sheesh! Go ahead, bash me if you must to make yourself feel better. By the way, I love using a frozen banana blended in my food processor with peanut butter. That is my ice cream alternative. :-)

Yes, and bananas and peanut butter are rich with vitamins and protien etc... unlike coolwhip.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information. I will be sure to make these notes into my recipe book under: "Breyer's ice cream."

You're welcome.

Spreading the good news of Breyer's ice cream is what I do.

I change lives...for the better.

Good man.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ICE CREAM! I must shout it to everyone! Fortunately, ice cream isn't exactly "healthy". I did come up with a good alternative that is...you'll never believe it...UNDER 200 cals! Just take chocolate graham crackers (low fat or reduced cal if you can find them) break them in half and make a "sandwich" with Lite Cool Whip in the middle. Freeze for two hours. Tastes just like an ice cream sandwich with WAY less calories (about 130 for two sandwiches using full calorie graham crackers). YUM!

I used to make this when I did WW. It was one of their alternatives too. Now, if I just want ice cream, I make sure that I have enough calories in my day. :smile:
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Oh my god! This is the funniest thread EVER!

I'm so glad I clicked on it!

I completely agree. Learn to not over eat and you can eat whatever you want. one serving of Braum's strawberry ice cream has 130 cal 6 fat grams 17 carb grams and 3 prot grams. If you can't make that fit and enjoys some goodness you have issues. Hell, I will eat 1 1/2 to 2 servings tonight.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I made Zucchini Mint Ice Cream last night.
    It tasted great! So I thought I would share the recipe

Here is the base recipe
    1 cup frozen raw zucchini chucks
    1/2 cup frozen raw banana chunks
    A drizzle of raw organic honey to your desired sweetness
    1/8 tsp mint flavoring or to taste

Peel bananas and zucchini. Cut into small chucks and freeze in an air tight container. I used a plastic freezer bag
    Place frozen zucchini and banana chunks into a food processor or high speed blender
    I added the mint and honey before blending.
    Blend until it turns a nicely blended ice creamy texture. Don't over blend

Fold in chocolate chips, nuts, fruit or what ever you want to add to mixture.
    You can eat it now or put back in the freezer in freezer safe container.
    Enjoy!
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    Options
    Wow. A lot of you are harsh! The poster obviously wanted to share something good she discovered to be nice. If you'd rather eat ice cream then fine. Why must you blast someone for liking an alternative?

Because the alternative is not really any better than the real thing. It's not healthier to eat whipped cream. *shrug*
    It isn't even whipped cream. it's partially hydrogenated oil. It's basically a big old tub of trans fats.

If you happen to prefer this particular dessert to ice cream, eat away. But don't fool yourself into thinking it's healthier or even that it's fewer calories than a serving of ice cream.

I dropped from a size 12 to a size 6 in about three months eating a Baskin Robbins ice cream cone (sugar cone, of course) every Friday.

Close but not quite. Cool whip is made with fully hydrogenated oil, not partially hydrogenated oil.

Fully hydrogenating an oil creates a saturated fat. Trans fats are unsaturated. Fully hydrogenated oil is not trans fat.

Cool Whip has no trans fat. It's saturated fat. But, yeah, it's certainly no better than ice cream.

^^^ This

Cool Whip also has no flavor. Why would I eat ANYTHING that has no flavor? The same people that like Cool Whip must like eating Rice Cakes, Paper Towels and cardboard.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Close but not quite. Cool whip is made with fully hydrogenated oil, not partially hydrogenated oil.

Fully hydrogenating an oil creates a saturated fat. Trans fats are unsaturated. Fully hydrogenated oil is not trans fat.

Cool Whip has no trans fat. It's saturated fat. But, yeah, it's certainly no better than ice cream.

^^^ This

Cool Whip also has no flavor. Why would I eat ANYTHING that has no flavor? The same people that like Cool Whip must like eating Rice Cakes, Paper Towels and cardboard.

You are just mean! Cool Whip does too have a flavor. It tastes like fluffy sugar! :tongue:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Thank you for the information. I will be sure to make these notes into my recipe book under: "Breyer's ice cream."

You're welcome.

Spreading the good news of Breyer's ice cream is what I do.

I change lives...for the better.

My favorite!

5112298102215357602.400_600r

The thing I always liked about Breyer's is they don't turn their mint ice cream green.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    Options

^^^ This

You are just mean! Cool Whip does too have a flavor. It tastes like fluffy sugar! :tongue:

It tastes like cotton balls! :tongue:
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    it may be less calories but 'healthier' or not is debatable.

on a side note, ice cream doesn't seem like a bad way to go snack food wise.

a normal size snickers bar is pretty small and is 250 cals.

a snickers icecream bar is probably about 3 times the volume of the candy bar and is 280 cals
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm quite happy with frozen yogurt tbh, with proper ice cream as an occasional treat. It's not that bad anyway as long as you don't eat a whole tub in one go. Just buy the good stuff ;)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

^^^ This

It tastes like cotton balls! :tongue:

:explode:

Yeah, and I'll bet you would know because you eat cotton balls for breakfast! :devil:

:laugh:
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is not exactly healthy, but the alternatives are full of unhealthier junk. Just eat small portions. Don't keep it in the house. Go out and buy a small scoop. It's all good.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is not exactly healthy, but the alternatives are full of unhealthier junk. Just eat small portions. Don't keep it in the house. Go out and buy a small scoop. It's all good.

Why is it "not exactly" healthy?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I made Zucchini Mint Ice Cream last night.
    It tasted great! So I thought I would share the recipe

Here is the base recipe
    1 cup frozen raw zucchini chucks
    1/2 cup frozen raw banana chunks
    A drizzle of raw organic honey to your desired sweetness
    1/8 tsp mint flavoring or to taste

Peel bananas and zucchini. Cut into small chucks and freeze in an air tight container. I used a plastic freezer bag
    Place frozen zucchini and banana chunks into a food processor or high speed blender
    I added the mint and honey before blending.
    Blend until it turns a nicely blended ice creamy texture. Don't over blend

Fold in chocolate chips, nuts, fruit or what ever you want to add to mixture.
    You can eat it now or put back in the freezer in freezer safe container.
    Enjoy!

for the love of god, NO

zucchini ice cream...come on man!