Options
    Because we are all doctors... Smdh :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    you know what the answer will be.

1. Go take a pregnancy test.
    2. If you starve yourself your period by stop
    3. Many many different things can affect your cycle, start with #1, if its negative, then go see your doctor.

Well, I haven't done anything to result in #1...So...it's not that.

If you had sex (not necessarily sexual intercourse) with a person who produces seaman in the last 3 months I would still get a home pregnancy test.

Many women get a light period or break through bleeding in the first month of being pregnant.

Are you on any kind of birth control. There are many types that will cause you to miss/have irregular periods.

If you know for certain you are not pregnant, I would wait another month and check with your doctor.

Woah! So I can only get pregnant if I have sex with a military recruiter?

TY, Firstsip! I was trying to think of a good one, but you always make me laugh! :flowerforyou:

Thanks, I'm here all week!

Really. I never leave. :frown:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure a few of us play doctors
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No, but I AM a woman who's lived long enough to have a similar issue pop up more than once. Missing a single period (assuming not pregnant) is normal and isn't that big of a deal. Missing two in a row is a sign you should see a doctor to rule anything out.

Heck, even when I skipped three periods then had one that lasted three weeks, stopped for a week and came BACK, the only thing the doctor did after my exam was put me on the pill to regulate.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    If you're very regular and pregnancy isn't a possibility, go see your doctor if it worries you. Personally, I wouldn't worry about one missed period, but I've always been horribly irregular.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options

MFP = Hotel California
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No, but I AM a woman who's lived long enough to have a similar issue pop up more than once. Missing a single period (assuming not pregnant) is normal and isn't that big of a deal. Missing two in a row is a sign you should see a doctor to rule anything out.

Heck, even when I skipped three periods then had one that lasted three weeks, stopped for a week and came BACK, the only thing the doctor did after my exam was put me on the pill to regulate.

But we are all different and if anything is wrong with your body I would ask a doctor before I ask a forum full of strangers. Just saying, that's me. :smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

MFP = Hotel California

:laugh:

0d850675a0b63d5cf1046e591c5de8e0ae2d11758e21f200702dfb5e0e99f798.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Have you tried talking to your parents about this and having them take you to a doctor? Does your high school have a nurse? Based on some comments of you eating 700-1100 calories, maybe you might consider seeing a counselor as well.

And just in case, I'll put this here as well

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    you know what the answer will be.

1. Go take a pregnancy test.
    2. If you starve yourself your period by stop
    3. Many many different things can affect your cycle, start with #1, if its negative, then go see your doctor.

Well, I haven't done anything to result in #1...So...it's not that.

If you had sex (not necessarily sexual intercourse) with a person who produces seaman in the last 3 months I would still get a home pregnancy test.

Many women get a light period or break through bleeding in the first month of being pregnant.

Are you on any kind of birth control. There are many types that will cause you to miss/have irregular periods.

If you know for certain you are not pregnant, I would wait another month and check with your doctor.

Woah! So I can only get pregnant if I have sex with a military recruiter?

well....could be a fisherman...or anyone that sails a boat for that matter:wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

But we are all different and if anything is wrong with your body I would ask a doctor before I ask a forum full of strangers. Just saying, that's me. :smokin:
    Agreed. But it really isn't that unusual and 99.9/100 it's nothing.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Chronic undereating/overexercising or low body fat can cause amenorrhea. Stress can cause late/missed periods. When I was in my last semester of college, dealing with senior project, my periods came much farther apart than usual.

If it keeps happening, see your doctor.
  • chatogal
    Options

Agreed. But it really isn't that unusual and 99.9/100 it's nothing.

I agree... especially as only a few days late, heck if every woman ran to her dr every time their period was a bit late the dr wouldnt have time to see anyone else. OP, sounds like you need to eat a bit more.
  • shall1112
    Options
    pregnantspin2956055.gif

if its not that, id say its the VLCD. eat.

Seriously the best gif ever

OP: eat
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    pregnantspin2956055.gif

if its not that, id say its the VLCD. eat.

Seriously the best gif ever

OP: eat

Has OP been back in the thread since she received the advice about eating more?

Dr_c836a5_455648.gif
  • libertychoury
    libertychoury Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a period missing since November. I was eating 1400 cals/day and doing lifting with minimal cardio. I asked my doc, and the doc said cut back on exercise. Over the holidays I didn't exercise as much, and resumed normal activity the 1st week of January, with an increase of calories to 1800/day. Still waiting on my period. However, since increasing calories, I have gained 5 pounds, which is NOT my aim. I am unsure that the calories are the problem. And I am afraid to raise it to 2200 just to see if I am truly still not eating enough for the activity I am doing. My TDEE is 2200, so I don't know what to do.
    I know most of you say, see your doc, but the prob is, docs don't really know everything. Im sure the OP is just looking to see if others are in a similar situation.
  • chatogal
    Options
    I have a period missing since November. I was eating 1400 cals/day and doing lifting with minimal cardio. I asked my doc, and the doc said cut back on exercise. Over the holidays I didn't exercise as much, and resumed normal activity the 1st week of January, with an increase of calories to 1800/day. Still waiting on my period. However, since increasing calories, I have gained 5 pounds, which is NOT my aim. I am unsure that the calories are the problem. And I am afraid to raise it to 2200 just to see if I am truly still not eating enough for the activity I am doing. My TDEE is 2200, so I don't know what to do.
    I know most of you say, see your doc, but the prob is, docs don't really know everything. Im sure the OP is just looking to see if others are in a similar situation.

Well, missing 3 periods is of more significance than being a few days late. Again, might well be nothing to worry about but going back to your GP (family doctor) might well be worth it. Of course doctors dont know "everything".. I dont think mine is much good at fixing my kitchen sink! However, they have been to medical school for 5 years, passed very stringent exams and then have generally continued with further training for another 3-7 years (depending upon their speciality). I assure you, that most family doctors will have an ENORMOUS amount of experience in the vagaries of the female reproductive system... and if they dont know they generally will know of a colleague who will.

edited to add....by the way.. you look amazing and well done on how much you have achieved:smile:
  • libertychoury
    libertychoury Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Well, missing 3 periods is of more significance than being a few days late. Again, might well be nothing to worry about but going back to your GP (family doctor) might well be worth it. Of course doctors dont know "everything".. I dont think mine is much good at fixing my kitchen sink! However, they have been to medical school for 5 years, passed very stringent exams and then have generally continued with further training for another 3-7 years (depending upon their speciality). I assure you, that most family doctors will have an ENORMOUS amount of experience in the vagaries of the female reproductive system... and if they dont know they generally will know of a colleague who will.

edited to add....by the way.. you look amazing and well done on how much you have achieved:smile:
    Thank you so much for your compliment! My profile pic is older...from 6 months ago! I should update it.
    I really may need to see another doctor. I just keep thinking, nah, it's going to show up tomorrow. I shouldn't worry so much. I think it did start out as stress as I had a very stressful thing happen in November, but things have gotten much better. That's why I really wondered if it was related to activity or nutrition. Or if I would be ending up on my own episode of "I didn't know I was pregnant" in spite of negative tests!
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    If you've really cranked up your workout schedule and changed your diet, that right there can do it. When I was 18 and started basic training I went 11 months without a period(other than a day here and a day there) and then they resumed to normal.

This.

I got my period super late this month and attribute that to me cranking up my workout. Research suggests that I was correct.