Hair chopping

Options
1235»

Replies

• mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have a rounder face (although getting less so ;) ) and I shaved my head almost a year ago for a charity... I think I looked pretty good! Although you gotta have the right head shape for very short hair. If you head is pretty round I'd say try it out! Hair always grows back :)
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I see all the time on these boards that "men don't like women with short hair." Yet, I have a LOT of friends who have short hair and they're all married. And they had short hair when they met their husbands.

So ... somehow this statement doesn't hold true.

I met and married my husband with super short hair. However, he has asked me to grow it out. I have not cut it short for 5 years and he begs me to keep it long. He thinks I look great with any kind of hair, but he prefers it long. So I think his statement does hold true.....
    So he wasn't attracted to you when your hair was short?

I'm sure he was. There's a lot more to attraction and love than a hair cut.
    But she's claiming that even though she had short hair when she met him and started dating him and even though she had short hair when she married him that because he now says he likes her hair long, ALL men are ONLY attracted to women with long hair.

So that means he dated her and married her even though he wasn't attracted to her because she had short hair.

You are right, I am completely wrong. My wording was off. What I should have said was, your statementt does not hold true so therefore you can not use that as proof that his statement isn't true.
    Actually, yes I can. because I only need one example of a man being attracted to a woman with short hair to prove that some men are attracted to women with short hair. And since I know several men who like short hair (including apparently your husband), my statement is absolutely true.

But you can't prove that they like short hair. Just because you are attracted to someone and marry them, does not necessarily mean you are attracted to EVERYTHING about them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I see all the time on these boards that "men don't like women with short hair." Yet, I have a LOT of friends who have short hair and they're all married. And they had short hair when they met their husbands.

I met and married my husband with super short hair. However, he has asked me to grow it out. I have not cut it short for 5 years and he begs me to keep it long. He thinks I look great with any kind of hair, but he prefers it long. So I think his statement does hold true.....
    So he wasn't attracted to you when your hair was short?

I'm sure he was. There's a lot more to attraction and love than a hair cut.

I also had a face full of HORRIBLE acne!! So does that mean he likes acne?!?! :laugh:

I just don't think saying someone married a person with short hair automatically means they like short hair. But she is right, not all men prefer long hair.
    It means that the acne was not a dterrant to attracting a man. And neither was the short hair. He found you attractive even with those things.

There are a lot of people -- mostly men, but some women -- on these boards who run around asserting that women should never cut their hair short because no man will ever want them, it isn't feminine, etc.

Rubbish.

And I like my own hair long. Always have and probably always will. It looks better that way. But how I prefer MY hair has no bearing on how other women wear theirs.
  • rml_16
    Options
    But you can't prove that they like short hair. Just because you are attracted to someone and marry them, does not necessarily mean you are attracted to EVERYTHING about them.

I've already proven my point, though, which is that plenty of men are attracted to women with short hair. Your stating that your husband likes YOUR hair long doesn't disprove that in any way.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options

I've already proven my point, though, which is that plenty of men are attracted to women with short hair. Your stating that your husband likes YOUR hair long doesn't disprove that in any way.

Exactly, and I totally agree with you! Not all men like long hair. I said I worded myself COMPLETELY wrong in the first post. I just don't think you can prove it by saying someone married a person with short hair just like I can't prove anything by saying my husband likes long hair. The proof is there when you hear a man say "I like short hair" which I have heard. Not as often as men saying they like long hair, but I have heard it!
  • rml_16
    Options

Exactly, and I totally agree with you! Not all men like long hair. I said I worded myself COMPLETELY wrong in the first post. I just don't think you can prove it by saying someone married a person with short hair just like I can't prove anything by saying my husband likes long hair. The proof is there when you hear a man say "I like short hair" which I have heard. Not as often as men saying they like long hair, but I have heard it!
    Unless youre husband was not attracted to you when he married you and began dating you then my assertion holds that some men are attracted to women with short hair. He may prefer it long, but he was attracted to you. I assume. Or was it an arranged marriage and he didn't get to see you until the wedding night?
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Does every thread on this site have to turn into an argument about men trying to control women? A dude can't even express HIS opinion that women look better with longer hair without essentially being called a chauvinist?

OP, it's your hair and your life. You'll either like it or you won't. If you don't, you can get extensions until it grows back out to a suitable length. If you're not willing to do that, then you don't really want to cut your hair. Problem solved.

Eh, I think there is a difference between saying "personally, I am only attracted to women with long hair, I think it looks better" and saying "women should be able to AT LEAST get a pony tail in or it's too short." The latter implies that ALL women SHOULD look the way he wants--which goes beyond stating his personal preference.

I mean, I am attracted to a certain kind of guy, but I wouldn't say that men SHOULD look like that. Men can look however they want. I just won't be attracted to all men. Similarly, the guy we're all quoting can be attracted to some women and not others. But its weird for him to say that women SHOULD look the way he says they should.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

I met my husband with long hair, cut it all off, and am growing it out. He likes it better short. So, since singular personal experiences and preferences must whole true for entire populations, I think we just broke the universe.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Do both and please everybody! Problem solved!!

thCA15L2ZW.jpg

celebrity-half-shaved-hairstyle1.jpg

granolafemull1.jpg

(edited to fix pictures)
  • superasianwoman
    Options
    No its not an attractive look.
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Some can pull it off, some can't