I see many with very pour nutrition in their diet.

Options

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    how cute.
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :frown: :noway: :huh:

um yea. Exactly.
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP I see you joined this month. Many of us have been here for years and been very successful not only losing weight, but improving our health. We have learned to balance "healthy foods" with good tasting foods. We've learned that bread, bacon and fast food are NOT the reason people get fat because eating too many calories is the real reason. We also know that you have to have some sodium to function especially since many of us are athletes.

Here's some better advice:
    -Record your calories accurately.
    -Make sure your calorie and macro nutrient goals are appropriate.
    -Hit your calorie goal, macro goal and micro goals.
    -Get active.
    -Make changes you can sustain forever.

^ This is a most excellent post!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You do you,I do me ok?
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have been eating what you would consider poor nutrition for a year. Consult ticker below for results. :)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    OP~I will eat whatever I want!!!!! :tongue:
  • Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with your food diary. If this is your regular fare you should do just fine. Looks pretty well rounded.

you realize this is a site where you support people, not tell them what to do right?
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Diet%2BMeme%2B4.jpg
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Actually at my age I could give a rats *kitten* less if you like what I have to say. I came here for encouragement and help and to give encouragement and help and be helpful. I am not meaning to be offensive to anyone. If you don't like what I post I could care less. I will encourage and give advice as I please. Don't like it don't read my posts. Simple as that. I am blunt and to the point. Some people can't take it. Oh well. Tough cookies.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I am seeing posting and when looking at their food diaries it is a nightmare. Take it from an old lady who has lost a whole ton of weight in my life. I know how to do it just have a problem keeping it off because I am also a gourmet cook and I love to eat what I cook.

You can have bread but cut back to 2-3 slices a week and do whole wheat vs white. A little pasta goes a long way. You can have a slice or 2 of bacon a week. It won't kill you. I see people staying below their calorie intake but everything else is out of control. You need a balance. If you don't eat a good healthy diet you may lose but you are not making choices that are going to keep the weight off.

You don't have to deprive yourself but for God's sake stay out of McDonalds if you are serious. Learn how to cook. It is fun and you will feel much more satisfied. If you are eating packaged meals you are filling your body with sodium and crap that will make you sick. If anyone would like recipes let me know I will be glad to help you out. some of you are asking for a stroke or heart attack and I am not some kind of health nut believe me.

I have to say... for as smug and judgmental as you're being, whatever you're doing yourself can't be all that great to put you in the position you find yourself in now.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Actually at my age I could give a rats *kitten* less if you like what I have to say. I came here for encouragement and help and to give encouragement and help and be helpful. I am not meaning to be offensive to anyone. If you don't like what I post I could care less. I will encourage and give advice as I please. Don't like it don't read my posts. Simple as that. I am blunt and to the point. Some people can't take it. Oh well. Tough cookies.

We don't care what a noob has to say.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have great nutrition. That's what multivitamins are for.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

ok. :wink: :laugh:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I've lost over a 130 pounds buy eating whatever the heck I want. Sure I could stand to eat more vegetables, but whatever.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you properly... Either because you're so high up on your high horse or because of this Big Mac I'm eating.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    you may have some good ideas on being healthy.. i don;t eat McDonalds, but its not my right to tell others not to eat there.. IF someone asks me to look at their log i will make suggestions . like maybe up your greens drink more water,but you cant ORDER people and tell them what they can and can't do and expect them to listen to your advice.. its their choice.

also you have to have something that makes people want to hear your advice.. I have released 204 pounds.. i am happy to share what i do, but i respect others choices even when they are different than mine. we all have to find what works for each of us.

in my nutrition school its called bioindividuality. what works for one wont always work for another.

you went at this with a wrong approach.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    A slice or 2 of BACON!!!! paaallllleeeaasseee.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

You think your first post was helpful and encouraging? Telling people what they should and shouldn't do? Maybe wade in to the MFP community a little more slowly. Read... learn... humility would go a long way.

As usmcp said, some of us have been here quite a long time, changed our lives, found what works for us. In fact, the vast majority of us who have been successful have done so with a fairly moderate approach to diet and nutrition. You would know that if you were to spend some time getting to know people here before diving in with the uneducated advice-giving.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Wow...and FYI...I can't eat anything whole wheat it kills my stomach...I eat <gasp> white bread/rolls/bagels..shocking I know..I have lost 45 pounds to date...oh yea and I still eat pizza, wings on occasion.and ONCE a month my beloved cheeseburger...and that same time of month I have an apple turnover..I just make sure I have the calories for it...Please don't preach to people you know nothing about. Everyone has different health issues and needs.....:grumble:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

Well- not too many, or better yet, none at all... because that's a sign of pour nutrition in one's diet.