What is everyone drinking besides water?

Options

Replies

• vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Beer, lattes, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, wine, cold pressed, and fresh squeezed juice, sometimes low sodium V8.
  • MaritzK
    MaritzK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    green coconut tea :)
  • meccacard
    Options
    sparkling ice is pretty good, so are bolthouse farms drinks
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    water, unsweetened tea and unsweetened almond milk. I cut out coffee because it triggers migraines for me as do artificial sweeteners

I juiced a watermelon last week and mixed that with water for my husband who HATES drinking water, and he loved it! He is slowly letting go of his Coca Cola habit which was/is a severe addiction for him
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Beer. That is all.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Well anything with aspartame or acesulfame potassium has been linked to cancer, so forget those diet drinks or crystal light additives.

Don't add lemon to water because (and trust me on this one) the acid in the lemon will strip the enamel off your teeth over time. Learned that the hard way.

Just drink the damn water. It's not yucky. It's water. It has no taste. If it does, you need a water filter lol. You will get over your adversity to water in time. We all do.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just water and protein drinks.otherwise I don't drink my calories.
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    For me the biggest challenge was transitioning to water. Of all the waters, the only one I could tolerate was Deer Park.

I went over a month drinking only water and coffee with artificial sweetener before I enjoyed a mountain dew on Independence Day. Mountain Dew was then sickeningly sweet so I rarely have it anymore.

Instead, when I want a soda now, which is maybe a few times a week, I'll have either a diet coke, coke zero or a diet mountain dew.

I don't drink juices other then an occasional V8 because the only thing I've found that closely resembles a low calorie equivalent on the fruit side is Trop50, which I hate. I could just water down things like grape and apple juice but at that point I might as well just drink water and have the fruits unprocessed.

I'm gradually working on phasing milk out of my diet. Right now I have it in smoothies, but that's as a thickener as opposed to nutritional value, and I've found that yogurt works better.

I think my fluid consumption generally breaks down as 40% water, 40% coffee, and 20% "treat", in the form of the afforementioned soda/milk/booze.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Zevia....0 calorie soda sweetened with Stevia.....I am unable to tolerate aspartame, Splenda, etc b

Bai 5 is also another favorite of mine.

Water is still my dominate beverage .
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi and water.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I like drinking herbal teas just because there are so many of them I don't get tired of it. Crystal Light but you said you didn't like that.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have a Soda Sparkle and drink 4 liters of sparkling water/day. (I hate regular bottled or tap water.) I also drink 3 protein fruit drinks a day, more crystal light-y as opposed to milky, and a couple crystal lights. I shoot for 1 gallon + per day. Oh, and I drink 2 large mugs of coffee each morning, more coffee if I'm running in and out of the ER all day, they have the BEST coffee. :drinker: I am not such a fan of green tea, I just can't get past the "dirt-taste," but Sleepytime Vanilla Herbal Tea is yum!
  • elwing
    elwing Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened tea and wine. Try different waters and different filters. I actually like the highly chlorinated water our county has, my husband can't stand it, so he has a fancy RO filter. I can't stand drinking his filtered water. The point being, try different brands of water and different filters to see if you like any of them.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Diet Dew is pretty damn good aswell. Theres only a few diet soda's that you can barely tell the diff between diet and regular, and diet dew is one you can barely taste the diff.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    My first two glasses of water in the morning i use fresh lemon juice
    coffee (a lot)
    tea
    herbal tea

maybe you would like tea or herbal tea you could put a bit of honey in it (make sure you log the calories though) :huh:

on occassion i will have a soda of some sort but I quit drinking diet drinks because of aspartame (did i spell that correctly?)
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    My first two glasses of water in the morning i use fresh lemon juice
    coffee (a lot)
    tea
    herbal tea

maybe you would like tea or herbal tea you could put a bit of honey in it (make sure you log the calories though) :huh:

on occassion i will have a soda of some sort but I quit drinking diet drinks because of aspartame (did i spell that correctly?)
    What's wrong with aspartame, other than its correlation to cancer in non-human subjects when consumed at levels no human ever does?
  • StevenDeCord
    StevenDeCord Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anything but alcohol and sugar...Once I stopped drinking alcohol and sugar drinks, the weight flew off and I felt much better...I do drink 8 glasses of water throughout the day, and place a whole lemon or orange in my water bottle...
  • maxo731
    maxo731 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tons of seltzer, water with lemon, tea, iced tea, coffee, there are so many herbal teas that have a natural sweetness. You can also start with a small amount of sweetener and decrease over time. And water does start to taste better the more you drink.

Do you think your headaches might be from caffeine withdrawal? Any black/green tea can help with that. You can always wean yourself off caffeine after you've eliminated soda.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Chop up fruit or lemons and limes and put them in your drink bottle/ jug and leave to infuse for a little while and you get flavoured water without all the refined sugars like vitamin water. Things like vitamin water, green tea juices etc are usually high in refined sugars. I also love to drink chai masala tea, mint tea, chamomile tea and green tea or I juice or make healthy smoothies
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    water isn't yucky. it's like saying breathing air is yucky.

drink water. use a brita filter if you prefer for a 'cleaner' taste.