I see many with very pour nutrition in their diet.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Actually at my age I could give a rats *kitten* less if you like what I have to say. I came here for encouragement and help and to give encouragement and help and be helpful. I am not meaning to be offensive to anyone. If you don't like what I post I could care less. I will encourage and give advice as I please. Don't like it don't read my posts. Simple as that. I am blunt and to the point. Some people can't take it. Oh well. Tough cookies.

I respect blunt honesty. Hopefully you do as well.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    I eat 6 slices of bacon with breakfast! GO BACON! Nom nom nom
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    :ohwell:
  • gebhart4
    gebhart4 Posts: 24 Member
    With all due respect, I think it is posts like this that send the absolute wrong message regarding finding a successful way to both lose the weight and keep it off. The way MFP works is not to deprive yourself of what you love - but rather balance it. Learn portions and become more aware and accountable about what you are taken in on any give day.

Personally, I have my chocolate, I have my drinks, my whatever, and you know what? I am still losing! And it has been an awesome ride so far. I exercise every day now and watch my portions. I feel good. I LOOK good. And I did all that without ONCE depriving myself of something I wanted to eat.

Bam.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    I do everything you say not to do and I have lost weight, maintained weight, and maintain around 11% body fat…

and 2-3 slices of bread a WEEK, really? LOLZ
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    MFP: easy website to troll, or easiest website to troll?

Seriously, a 70 year old woman saying I don't give a rats *kitten*, "lol", "lookin good dude". Seriously? Seriously?!?

I'm surprised a 70 year old knows how to get to a website.
  • Eyes on your own paper, thanks.

Love this! LOL
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    My Italian grandparents are 20 years older than you and eat massive quantities of white bread, pasta, fatty meats and sweets. They have never been anywhere near overweight. I guess they were doing it wrong. My great Grammy used to poor gravy for the pour people at the soup kitchens since those people were pour.
  • ndj1979

You can have bread but cut back to 2-3 slices a week and do whole wheat vs white. A little pasta goes a long way. You can have a slice or 2 of bacon a week.

who the hell are you to tell me how much bread, pasta, and bacon I can have per week?

For the record, I eat about 12 slices of bacon a week, do the math …

OP - I suggest you eat more bacon, more ice cream, and more McDonalds…it will make you more happy and less restrictive...
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Oh, I guess I'm unhealthy because I ate a packet of poptarts and ice cream in moderation today. On the other hand... I did eat 3 different sources of protein, had my multi-vitamins, and had over 6 different vegetables.
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Welcome to MFP I see you joined this month. Many of us have been here for years and been very successful not only losing weight, but improving our health. We have learned to balance "healthy foods" with good tasting foods. We've learned that bread, bacon and fast food are NOT the reason people get fat because eating too many calories is the real reason. We also know that you have to have some sodium to function especially since many of us are athletes.

Here's some better advice:
    -Record your calories accurately.
    -Make sure your calorie and macro nutrient goals are appropriate.
    -Hit your calorie goal, macro goal and micro goals.
    -Get active.
    -Make changes you can sustain forever.

I am not saying you won't lose weight. But you should eat healthy and sure once in a while you can splurge too but just be careful what you eat on a regular basis. If you make good choices in the fast food places you can do it. You can stay below your calorie goal also, how ever when your sodium intake is twice the recommended for your goal you are a walking heart attack looking to happen. Like I said it is about balance. There is more to look at in your diet than calories in an calories out.

Because it deserves repeating.

And because usmcmp set the right example in being respectful while disagreeing, which helped me try to be a little more respectful. (Thanks!)
  • ndj1979

Seriously, a 70 year old woman saying I don't give a rats *kitten*, "lol", "lookin good dude". Seriously? Seriously?!?

hmm it appears we have all been suckered..and I am usually good at ID'ing these...
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    You can have a slice or 2 of bacon a week. It won't kill you.

Actually, that little bacon a week would kill me.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Welcome to MFP I see you joined this month. Many of us have been here for years and been very successful not only losing weight, but improving our health. We have learned to balance "healthy foods" with good tasting foods. We've learned that bread, bacon and fast food are NOT the reason people get fat because eating too many calories is the real reason. We also know that you have to have some sodium to function especially since many of us are athletes.

Here's some better advice:
    -Record your calories accurately.
    -Make sure your calorie and macro nutrient goals are appropriate.
    -Hit your calorie goal, macro goal and micro goals.
    -Get active.
    -Make changes you can sustain forever.

Because it deserves repeating.

And because usmcmp set the right example in being respectful while disagreeing, which helped me try to be a little more respectful. (Thanks!)

Thank you! I try.
    For those of you who would like to help spread some quality and up to date weight loss information here's a post that I made. I know it says it's about having a nice stomach, but it's really about overall weight loss. :drinker:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    I think it would be a good idea if OP took some advice from the fit, toned, long-term successful people that are offering it.
    Your heart is in the right place by trying to offer us advice, but your advice is outdated and a little condescending.
  • dollarstitch
    dollarstitch Posts: 26 Member
    I would love recipes, but it's more then that, in order to stick to something you have to also eat the foods you like. (in moderation of course) I was drinking up to 7 dr peppers a day. (was) I cut it down to 2 a day. I just start this, but I am drinking more water and tea. It's not about what they are eating, but what "were" they eating. You would probably look at my food log and gasp LOL but you also have to look at what I was eating before I started this. I know I am going to cut out tons of calories just by giving up 5 dr peppers a day. That trip to McDonald's? If you are good all week, why not treat yourself to one meal? If you are moving more and eating less all week isn't that what counts? I gave up on myself a long time ago, I quit even trying to look nice, from my hair to my clothes I just gave up. Some people are working on self esteem too you have to take all that into consideration. I just started doing my hair again, and my husband told me he was proud of me. I don't like wheat anything, (pasta, bread etc) I just don't like wheat. I do like honey Wheat bread though, but wheat pasta is just gross to me, the texture of it. You can only eat "salads" so long or veggie trays with low calorie dressing for so long before you can't stand looking at them anymore. (been that rout once) and I LOVE veggies. I guess my point is you can't put everyone in the same category, because everyone is different. Please share the recipes :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Nancy, in all seriousness, the things you're saying are simply incorrect and outdated. Most of us have learned the secret to avoid the yo-yo dieting that seems to have plagued you. Listen to what people around here are saying and you can escape the trap too.
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Judge not lest ye be judged. Your diary is closed...

tumblr_ltje3tDpIF1qf5in5o1_400.gif

Who is judging. If offering advice is judging then I am in the wrong place. But never fear I have a thick skin and this old lady ain't goin anywhere so if you don't like what I post don't read it.
  • Currently eating a box of baklava.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

hmm it appears we have all been suckered..and I am usually good at ID'ing these...
    She's not a troll.