Men and Body Hair

Options
I was out for drinks with a couple friends recently (one male, one female) and we were discussing this. My guy friend is quite a furry dude. My female friend is a total hippie and sees no problem with a man having lots of chest/body hair.

Personally, I can't stand it. Even a little bit. Body hair besides on the arms, legs (of a man, not a woman), head and the occasional beard just grosses me out. Luckily, my man hates it too and I never have to see it on him.

What do you think? Shave that shizz? Let it grow? Trim it up so it's less Austin Powers-esque?

Replies

• Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I don't care about body hair. My bf grows facial hair quickly and I think he looks best with about 3 days worth of stubble.

I do hate the 5 o'clock shadow, but only because when it's that short it's lethally sharp when he comes in for a kiss. Ouch :(
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    It's a personal preference. And some guys pull it off well and some guys don't. I don't grow a lot of chest hair to begin with so I just make sure it is all gone.
  • amcozy
    amcozy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Body hair can be sexy.... it can also be gross. My husband hates body hair and shaves his chest & stomach - but I wouldn't mind a little chest hair & happy trail. Once you cross into the back & ear hair though... no.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    The chest hair is here and it's here to stay. .

The back hair, now, that's a different story. . I will contort myself in all kinds of uncomfortable ways to shave that off. .
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    So you don't mind the beard huh?

wtdrgy.jpg
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Ha! My husband has a hairy chest and has angel wings on his back. Lol! It doesn't bother me at all. :)
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I grow chest hair but I wouldn't consider myself hairy. I "groom" myself regularly. My wife however doesn't want me to shave my chest hair. She loves it and thinks a man should have chest hair. I don't mind it since she likes it.
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    Bahahaha! That's a bit much... But I actually prefer it when my bf has his days-off beard growing. It's all..manly and stuff...rawr ;)
    I guess a bit of a treasure trail would be ok, too. But if I stroke a man's chest and there's fur slipping between my fingers...I literally just shuddered.

Sorry, not trying to be insensitive or judgey. Just my opinion.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Personal choice, I guess.

There was never a vote on how I would groom myself. I made that call, and if that means you and I can't go out, I guess I'll just have to live with that.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I loathe body hair on men or women.
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Real men don't shave their body hair.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Personally I think hair on the chest is very masculine looking. Doesn't bother me a bit. Not a fan of back hair.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    28088984_102.jpg

Not going to shave MY chest hair! But my gf wouldn't let me anyway - she says she likes it.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I love hairy men. They just seem so manly.

:blushing: :love:
    tumblr_mn4nrxBSmU1qb24rno5_500.jpg
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You're telling me this doesn't get you randy?

1932869_o.gif
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    While I love a nice buff and hairless chest and back on a man, it's not by any means a deal breaker. I married myself one hairy mfer.
  • amcozy
    amcozy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So you don't mind the beard huh?

wtdrgy.jpg

Simply amazing. #winning
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    No chest hair, no back hair, and bald or "high and tight" down there please!

Very little is ok too. Just no pelts of hair.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Anything you can reach gets trimmed. Anything you can't reach gets waxed.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Mostly I just love the happy trail. There is nothing hotter. ;)

Everything else I don't really feel strongly about either way. A small amount of chest hair is nice, I guess.