40 years and over

Options
I'm looking for some 40-years and older crowd to keep in contact with, share goals, motivate, etc. I know that losing weight after 40 is much more difficult than when we were younger and I would love to get some inside ideas that may help speed it up a little bit! :wink:

Replies

• mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Just turned 43 & need to lose about 80 more lbs. Could always use more friends :happy: .
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    45 and have quite a bit to lose - anyone is free to add me :)
  • LaLeeKi
    Options
    I'm 41, and have 100+ I'm working on losing. I can always use some extra friends :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    48. I'm finally ready to tone and only lose a few but love to support others.

Dang I'm going to look my best before 50
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    rhileyschubbygranny Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    HI. I will be 48 years old in April and am trying to lose somewhere between 46-56 lbs. You can add me as a friend if you want :)
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sam and I am 42. I am at a healthy weight for my height at 144, but I would like to loose five pounds to get back to 139. Would like to do this by my next birthday.

Feel free to add me.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 last fall. Actually lost ~80 lbs or so in the 18 months prior to that. I try to be supportive. Feel free to add me if you want. Welcome to MFP!
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    48 years old here.. and yes, the older you get the harder it is to get it off! Feel free to add me.
  • Braydensmommy415
    Braydensmommy415 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    45 here, now a much more active Mom to an almost 4 year old :) I love MFP and it has literally helped change my life! I have met so many great people and the support is awesome! Keeps me motivated without a doubt. I want to lose 45 more lbs. Anyone that has posted feel free to add me as well!
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    41 and this is my 3rd week or so on MFP. I have found it extremely helpful to just be conscious of what I'm eating and it's helped me to make better choices, especially at the end of the day. Still working on increasing the amount of water I drink and getting more exercise, but all in all I'm hooked so far. Feel free to add me :)
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I will be 47 next week & have lost 27 pounds so far & have about 22 left. Anyone can add me.
  • gemini53
    gemini53 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 I could use more friends:flowerforyou:
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Turning 42 in March and would love to be at my goal weight! I have about 20-25 lbs to go. Have huge milestones next year...10 yr anniversary and my 25th highschool renunion. Want to be fit and trim for those. Feel free to add me as a friend. The more support the better!
  • PamelaLavender
    PamelaLavender Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47 and would love to have more friends.

Wishing you much success on your journey to being a healthier you.

Rylnn
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    I'm 42 and happy to add anyone. All the very best with your goals.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm old... I log every day. Feel free to friend me:-)
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm 48 and did great last year on MFP..need to get my stuff together and get going again :)
  • mikester66
    mikester66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    47 here and iam always looking for support and to support others feel free to add me:)
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, I've been on here a year now, I've plateaued for the past 4 months, but I'm back on track now, my aim it to loose my last 7 lbs and tone up my jelly belly so I feel confident enough to wear a bikini this summer.

Feel free to add me.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last year and just recently reached my goal weight.

Any "oldies" are welcome to friend request me. I log on a lot and can help motivate.