Pizza & Beer

Options

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need more than a protein shake and some oatmeal? How many calories and macros are in your shake? Maybe instead of half of a pizza, maybe just have something like nuts or salad before you want to eat, wait a few minutes then have 1 or 2 slices and 1 or 2 beers and call it a night. I actually really love the combo of pizza and beer but I have cut out alcohol from my diet since November and I sparingly have pizza because I love that cheesy gooey goodness. Good luck with the last 5 pounds.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hell yeah
    party on.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Beer can have twice as much fat per ounce as McDonald's French fries.
    Show me the nutritional information of one beer that has fat in it.

It all floats to the top and sloshed around. Actually, the visual of fat in beer makes me gag

Replace it with the image of a scoop of ice cream floating in a chocolate stout. :love:

:heart:

^ that tastes awesome, btw. It's my Father's Day beverage of choice.
  • ClariceHutchings
    Options
    I concur, must be that vegetable oil beer everyone is talking about. JK!! I have it and of course it is light beer. you just cant drink 12 every night. My whole plan has night out per week involved.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I don't think my 900 a day is as bad as it sounds, again its what I aim for... I usually go over. But yes I will have my pizza and beer tonight. and watch a movie. and sit on my *kitten*. happy??!!

The real question is are YOU happy? 900 seems super unrealistic long term and potentially damaging.

yeah I'm happy because I don't let myself go hungry. again if I'm hungry I have a salad with my choice of dressing... or I have grilled chicken.. or fruit and veggies... I'm never really hungry.. I just try to keep my breakfast and lunch consistent and make sure I'm not eating high calories snacks

It doesn't matter if you're happy. I was perfectly happy eating at very low calories for a long time. But it was bad for me. People are happy doing things that are bad for them all the time.

You won't be as your health gradually deteriorates from such low eating. You're 22 and already a healthy weight, with very little to lose. I guarantee, whatever height you are, 900 is lower than your BMR.

It's good you're aiming to go "over," but if you're on this site, you know you had to manually change any goal to make 900 calories your goal. Entering a diary under 1200 gives you a warning. Etc. Etc.

Not hungry =/= health. Hormones regulate appetite. They acclimate very quickly; lots of food everyday? Hungry! Little food everyday? Not very hungry.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't think my 900 a day is as bad as it sounds, again its what I aim for... I usually go over. But yes I will have my pizza and beer tonight. and watch a movie. and sit on my *kitten*. happy??!!

Well as long as you don't think it's bad it must be okay.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You are talking about your last 5 pounds? then calories are not calories. You last 5-10 pounds require extreme dedication achieved only by few

Not really, just a smaller caloric deficit, and time. Yes dedication helps, but is not a requirement.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    So just curious, what is your calorie goal once you lose the last 5 pounds and reach maintenance? How are you coming up with that number? What made you decide to aim for 900 calories instead of a different calorie goal?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Show me the nutritional information of one beer that has fat in it.

It all floats to the top and sloshed around. Actually, the visual of fat in beer makes me gag

Replace it with the image of a scoop of ice cream floating in a chocolate stout. :love:
    I know what's for dessert tonight!
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You are talking about your last 5 pounds? then calories are not calories. You last 5-10 pounds require extreme dedication achieved only by few

So your body knows your only your last 5lbs and therefore holds onto fat for dear life? Honestly, if this were true, nobody would be underweight.

Yes, weight loss gets harder the less you have to go, because doing the same exercise won't burn as many calories and eating the same food won't be as much of a deficit, but it's progressive and not a stage that is hit when you reach a certain point.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    So just curious, what is your calorie goal once you lose the last 5 pounds and reach maintenance? How are you coming up with that number? What made you decide to aim for 900 calories instead of a different calorie goal?

I don't know....I know a girl who did 900 a day and has maintained by eating healthy. and I feel a lot better too. Trust me last night I had a whopper and fries.. but it was cus I knew I was going to the gym after... I guess im asking cus I feel guilty eating so much grease/fat 2 days in a row
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

The real question is are YOU happy? 900 seems super unrealistic long term and potentially damaging.

yeah I'm happy because I don't let myself go hungry. again if I'm hungry I have a salad with my choice of dressing... or I have grilled chicken.. or fruit and veggies... I'm never really hungry.. I just try to keep my breakfast and lunch consistent and make sure I'm not eating high calories snacks

regardless what you are eating 900 cals isn't enough, no matter if hungry or not. There is no way you will be getting enough fat and protein in your diet on so little cals, not to mention vitamins and minerals.
    Eating less is not the best choice when losing weight, as a larger % of your weight loss will be coming from lean muscle, instead of the fat you are trying to lose.

Set your goal to lose 0.5lbs/week and eat back exercise cals and get adequate protein.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm about your same weight. I eat 1900 calories a day and have lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks, b/c I cut back from closer to 2100 calories a day. So if I am losing weight at 1900 calories a day, and you are not losing weight at 900 calories a day...just *maybe* you aren't eating enough calories.

I'm not being rude, but if what you are currently doing isn't working...then you need to do something else. And it looks like all of previous posts have told you to increase your calorie intake.
  • allana1111
    Options
    Also, again, I'm happy with my body for the most part except just need to be toned.. I guess I feel like I can lose lbs going over my calorie limit but now that I want to have everything toned for my wedding in less than 5 months.. these are crucial times. and I don't wanna fall off the wagon by thinking its ok to have pizza and beer all the time....... does anybody hear me?!
  • allana1111
    Options
    Um, I'm about your same weight. I eat 1900 calories a day and have lost 2 lbs in 2 weeks, b/c I cut back from closer to 2100 calories a day. So if I am losing weight at 1900 calories a day, and you are not losing weight at 900 calories a day...just *maybe* you aren't eating enough calories.

I'm not being rude, but if what you are currently doing isn't working...then you need to do something else. And it looks like all of previous posts have told you to increase your calorie intake.

It has been working.. but I do appreciate the feedback. I'll look into it a little more
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    lol... you don't NEED to burn off the calories out ate today.

As long as the few pieces of pizza and a few beers don't put you OVER your daily caloric allowance, you will lose weight.

^^^^THIS! Please do not look at pizza and beer and tabu or something you cannot have. Fit it in your calories for the day and you will be fine, if you go over stay within your maintenance calories.

Also remember that you may gain some water weight due to the alcohol and carbs. This is normal and will go away after a few days of your regular intake.

Enjoy tonight and do not feel guilty!! It will not destroy all that you have worked for! :drinker:
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Are you eating a stick of butter with your beer???
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yep because my beer seems to have no fat on the label...hmmmm
  • Razz_Baby
    Razz_Baby Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Now I want pizza and beer...
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    My ears were burning.
    Strong username to thread correlation

I saw the thread, and thought is was about me. I was wrong.
    was thinking the same and was disappointed \m/