How weird are you? Pet peeves/phobias/oddities you do?

Options

Replies

• Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    two fears i have seen from people i never would have believed

one gal was terrified of mustard. though she was joking till i put some on a plate and dipped my finger in it and ate it. she freaked the effe out big time.

a cluster of pencils on a desk. our VP was irrate when i arranged about 50 of them on her desk.

guess you can say im a bit of a d!ck
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Pet peeve: people who POP their gum!
    Phobia: Mice
    Oddities: I can't wear socks in the house. Volume has to be set to either a multiple of 5, or an even number. I wash/clean out my car atleast 4 times a week.
  • lyndsiek2009
    Options
    Pet Peeves: Can't stand the sound of people chewing loudly or with their mouths open. Anything squeaky. Obnoxiously loud music (ok, dude. You may like rap, and I respect that, but I don't want my kid listening to gunshots or sleeping with women at 3 AM.)

Phobias: Heights.

Oddities: I must always have a pen on me. Always.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeves: People who chew with their mouths open- literally irritates me and grosses me out more than anything else. I also can't stand two-faced/fake people.

Phobias: I have a small one of driving any faster than 40 and making left hand turns. Also of being alone outside in the dark. Also slipping on ice.

Oddities: Since being alone outside can freak me out, I'll often pretend I'm on the phone even if no one is around, just so creepers won't want to approach me. I also like to eat/do certain things the same time every day, even if the time doesn't effect it. I also like the stuff in my room to stay in exactly the same place always.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have Aspergers syndrome...if I listed all my pet peeves/phobias/oddities, I could write a book ;P But then again, we're all a little weird.

But seriously, WTF is wrong with grown adults that smack and slurp and make all kinds of noise when they eat???
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I have Aspergers syndrome...if I listed all my pet peeves/phobias/oddities, I could write a book ;P But then again, we're all a little weird.

But seriously, WTF is wrong with grown adults that smack and slurp and make all kinds of noise when they eat???

noisy sex is the best sex :)
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Peeves: slow people who stay in the left (read: passing) lane on the interstate; seeing the word 'women' used in the singular...

Phobias: Wasps/Hornets... angry flying insects terrify me

Oddities: the order of things matters, ie hygiene- floss first, then pre-brush mouthwash, then brush, then post-brush mouthwash, then wash face, etc... my bookshelves need to be organized according to size- largest on the end and smaller as they work their way to the center... certain foods cant touch- it seriously freaks me out to see salad on the same plate as warm food. The idea of hot spaghetti sauce mixing in with cool, crisp salad greens gives me the heebie jeebies.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I hate the sound of "wet gloopy" stuff. Examples would be mayonnaise, yogurt, pudding, sour cream, cream condensed soup; no matter what it tastes like the sound make me gag. Just thinking about it makes me ill.

I am a touch person and I don't like dirt or grime on my hands that am impede feeling. So like say I am gardening; I don't like to wear gloves but once my fingers are really dirty I will go wash them and start again. Same with cooking. If I am doing something where you "dredge" in flour. I dredge, wash, dredge, wash. I don't think I am a crazy neat freak...but stuff on my hands and fingers I just can't do.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This topic is brilliant. I love you freaks.

Peeves: the word *pet peeve* for one; horrid spellers/bad grammar; negative people. I don't care for shenanigans or pranks. I have so many more, but none of them really ruin my day - except for purposely rude/mean people. Rule #1 = be nice!
    (forgot one) I HATE it when people clip their fingernails any place that is not the bathroom - baggghhhhh!!!

Phobias: abandonment - if I were the main character in I Am Legend, I'd lose it in about five minutes.

Oddities: fitness related: on elliptical machines, I like the resistance to be divisible by the incline - I'm exercising my mind as well as my body :); food related: small, snacky foods/candy - I like to eat two pieces at a time, rather than one at a time. If it's candy that's colored, I like to eat each color separately in order of abundance. I hate donuts.
    (forgot one) I can't have my fingernails painted when I mountain bike. I had a wicked crash once when I had painted nails and I was positive that had something to do with it.

There are only three rules to getting along with me: 1) Don't mess with my food. 2) Don't mess with my sleep. 3) Don't give me *kitten* about how many pairs of shoes I have.
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Peeves: The use of "irregardless" as a word. It grates on my brain. People who refuse to take accountability for their actions. Bodily noises like loud eating or that nasal/throat sound people make when they have a cold and they are trying to get the snot to come up. yuck! Anyone who is spitting for any reason (gum, sunflower seeds, tobacco...)

Phobias: Spiders. Even dead ones. Heights/falling. Even seeing someone else high up or on tv freaks me out. Water/Drowning. I'll wade around in a pool or something but I will freak the eff out if it comes up over my head for any reason.

Oddities: I can clean a toilet with no problem, but I will dry heave if I have to clean the bathroom sink. Maybe because people spit in there. LOL
  • Old_Slowly
    Old_Slowly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Peeves: The government spying on me "for my own good."
    Phobias: I fear I have nothing interesting for the NSA to read.
    Oddities: None. It's the rest of you people who are nuts.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    continued:
    Pet Peeves: when people spell ridiculous "rediculous", I don't know why but that particular word gets at me.

Phobias: Large water, I do not know how to swim, I would dieee. Driving, I'm terrified of that.

Oddities: I seriously can not stand the sound of teeth brushing, I must have the water on full blast, can't even deal. Damp towels are the devil. Styrofoam must be ended.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Peeve: tardiness (you know you have to be somewhere so leave with a couple minutes to spare) open mouth chewing, spitting, men who feel the need to adjust themselves while we are talking.

Phobias: closet door being open at night while sleeping (attributed to horror movies when I was young), sleeping in a house alone (every little noise freaks me out), SPIDERS!!!! Heights and last but not least elevators (think they are gonna break down and I'll be trapped, or the cable will break and they will plummet)

Oddities: Styrofoam makes my skin crawl. My pinky fingers are double jointed. My second toe is bigger than my big toe.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Pet peeve: Being ignored. It really bugs the crap out of me when someone ignores me. I just feel like it's rude and disrespectful.

Phobia: I'm scared of balloons and dogs lol.

Oddities: I gag instantly if someone has snot in their throat. My friends think it's funny to spit the snot near me so I can look at it too. NO.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is noisy eaters: slurpers, open mouth eaters, people that talk with their mouthful, loud chewers. God it's revolting.

I have the same issue with noisy eaters. My coworker chomps on carrots and chips with her mouth open and I want to kill things.

My other pet peeves are:
    People who are super germaphobic
    People who are extreme picky eaters

Phobias: I've developed a strange fear of heights as an adult that seems to get worse every year. I don't remember having this issue as a kid. Today, its so bad that I can barely handle walking across bridges or even the stairwell in my building.

Oddities: I don't like to share my computer. I don't even have anything terribly embarrassing in my search history (really!). My laptop is just such a personal, intimate place for me--I cringe when someone just grabs it and starts using it.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I like my car stereo volume on an even number, feels wrong otherwise
    My daughter isthe same way, so I purosely turn it onto odd numbers. We will keep this up until the stereo can't go any louder. :laugh: Good Times. LOL
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeves: People who are late. Rude/mean people

Phobias: I do not like people looking into my eyes. (I think they can see what I am really thinking)

Oddities: I love paranormal things.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeves: People who don't shut closet doors, people who try to legislate what happens in my house

Phobias: Ferris Wheels and crossing bridges (yet I'm a skydiver and pilot)

Oddities: IRL I identify people by their voices, not their faces.
  • Rixx31
    Rixx31 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Pet peeves: Drivers that use the Passing Lane but pace or drive slower than the other lanes. Arrogant and rude people.

Phobias: Wasps, and oddly enough, moths (don't know why). Huge derelict or decaying structures. If anyone's played the big steel bridge level in Half Life 2, you'll know what I mean.

Oddities: I have to finish my treadmill run at a palindromic number on the countdown timer (such as 5:15, 2:32, 10:01 etc).
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    Pet Peeves: Spelling/grammatical errors, people who chew with their mouth open, open cupboard doors, small talk at work, people touching my face (especially my nose), girls who act dumb because it's "cute".

Phobias: MOTHS!!! They are little pieces of Satan incarnate and they feed off of my fear so they fly at my face to fatten their hate-filled souls. I'm also kinda scared of the dark :3

Oddities: I don't know where to start... If someone touches my nose, it feels crooked and I have to fix it. I sing to my alcoholic beverages when I first open them. I can touch my elbows in front of my body with my hands on my hips (you're trying it, aren't you?).