Does anyone go to planet fitness?

Options
13»

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Oh good, this thread again. It must be Wednesday. :\

Funny isn't it? The people who slam PF because they market themselves as the Judgment Free Zone but say that PF is all judgy, love to judge PF and the people who go there. How ironic.

hmm I believe that PF is the one that markets themselves as "judgment free" but then chooses to pass judgment on people who squat and deadlift as "lunks"....

You just made my point.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have a good local gym that emphasizes lifting, we have some amazing powerlifters. However, they just put up a sign about dropping weights because some guy was literally tossing them back to the rack, and one broke. It was a 45lb dumbbell, and it broke right in half. I split my time between lifting and cardio and I love my dirty cheap little gym.

But it's local. There's 3 locations in the Denver Metro. I may (probably) be taking on a job that will have me traveling and hotel gyms are NOT going to cut it. So when/if I have to do that, I'll be getting a PF black card membership so that I can still work out while traveling, wherever in the country I am.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    It's judgement free as long as you don't like to lift heavy compound lifts. Then you are being judged for doing that. I could never last at a Planet Fitless. They would kick me out before they took my first payment.
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I encourage people to join Planet Fitness because its cheap.. and that way they don't join the good gym's in the area and crowd them up....
    Its a win for those that join a gym in January and go there until April.. and its a Win for people that go to other gyms all year long and use the weights/machines..

I mean if all people want to do is cardio, planet fitness is fine.

word.
  • sickofbeingfat1986
    Options
    LOL yes it true they DO serve pizza AND bagels on a certain day, I joked with one of the employees there and said ''I guess you guys NEVER want your gym members to leave for the sake of $$$"

ive never been there on a pizza or bagel day and being at a gym doesn't exactly get my appetite going- with all of the sweaty people around....eww..:embarassed:
  • sickofbeingfat1986
    Options
    LOL yes it true they DO serve pizza AND bagels on a certain day, I joked with one of the employees there and said ''I guess you guys NEVER want your gym members to leave for the sake of $$$"

ive never been there on a pizza or bagel day and being at a gym doesn't exactly get my appetite going- with all of the sweaty people around....eww.
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    HA Awesome!!!

I workout at planet fitness because I don't want to be a body-builder. I use the cardio machines and the weight machines and I love the hydro-massage beds, plus you get free tanning. I mean it basically has what EVERY OTHER GYM IN THE WORLD has as far as what I need it for. You can bring friends for free, so if you have a friend have them take you and check it out for a month.
    Oh good, this thread again. It must be Wednesday. :\

Funny isn't it? The people who slam PF because they market themselves as the Judgment Free Zone but say that PF is all judgy, love to judge PF and the people who go there. How ironic.

hmm I believe that PF is the one that markets themselves as "judgment free" but then chooses to pass judgment on people who squat and deadlift as "lunks"....

...and you choose to point it out. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

We all get it. Remove the stick from up there so you can get some fresh ideas.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Yes and for all you idiots getting on it before you know anything about it shame on you. You just repeat what you hear and just jump on the weeney wagon.. Grow a set and make your own decision because it sounds like most of you know nothing about a Planet Fitness !
  • GREEKSTATUE
    Options
    Ill go there when Im old and fat. There comecials appear not to want anyone in shape working out there. Well unless your round our pear!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    It was my first gym and it served me well to get me over the fear and awkwardness of it, and it's cheap. It's fine for someone who just wants to use cardio machines. I outgrew it though.
  • 488Y
    488Y Posts: 11
    Options
    1) My PF has weights, squat racks, and a separate area where you can deadlift and do other "loud" workouts.
    2) I've lost 90 LBs and gained muscle so far at PF.
    3) So what if they serve pizza? #IIFYM
    4) People will find any reason they can to hate, and it's just kinda sad. =X
  • Slenderizeme1
    Slenderizeme1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Planet Fitness. My husband and I both go there, we both have the black card membership for $19.99 a month each, which gives us the ability to attend other planet fitnesses as well. I am there for losing weight and toning, my husband is their for getting ripped (his words) :)

He lifts free weights and there are tons of machines. However every Planet Fitness is different, the one close to us has some different machines than the one just a few miles away. As far and the Pizza goes, I haven't been but they said they do that to show people you can still eat normal food you love in moderation. And I found out yesterday the reason behind the tootsie rolls is for people with blood sugar issues.

I like it there because I have a trainer there for free to show me what I need to do, and then I follow the workout regimen and its working. I love the hydro massage beds and the tanning that is included. People are actually nice and you don't feel like you have to outdo the next person. It really is a gym that helps the individual focus on themselves and not feeling out of place.

I have never heard the lunk alarm at either of the planet fitness locations I attend, and my husband grunts sometimes when he's lifting and making faces and all kinds of stuff.

I think the lunk larm is intended for those that are seriously doing way to much dramatization in exercise.. :) by the way, can't beat the price.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    The one we have here is always packed when you go past but there's several 24/7 gyms as well. I was going to join one but they demand access to your bank account and i'm not going for that. My cousin is a member of a nice one in my dad's home town though.