I love "Secret Eaters"

Replies

• ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Me too...secret eaters AND supersize super skinny or whatever that one is called...
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    This show is great! I can see myself stuck on you tube for the next few days!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I like it also. It's interesting to watch. It's similiar to the show "Till debt do us part", but it's about eating instead of spending (and that is actually more interesting).
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I love this show. I watch it on nights when I'm home and can't sleep. I also love the host, she's funny
  • b218w
    b218w Posts: 76 Member
    i watched it(twice i might add) at the beginning of the year....i was one of those people who wondered why they were overweight yet went to the gym and 'didnt eat that much'......turns out i DID eat that much lol.....it inspired me to get on here and log my food exercise buy a food scale etc

i liked the one about the girl training for the london marathon.....and the guy who was a cyclist lol
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    bump to remember to watch this later!
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Love this show, FI and I watch it religiously!
  • gina_nz_
    gina_nz_ Posts: 74 Member
    bump
  • Great, I'll have to see this.

This thread just guilted me into logging that peice of bread I sneaked last night after midnight.

+1
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    I hadn't heard of this till now, thanks for sharing, I just started and I love it! It's slightly annoying when people come up with reasons like their metablosim for being overweight when they eat so much and just ignore it. I tracked my calories before I started trying to eat less and it was 1800-2600 a day, Obviously that's the reason I gained weight, I think everyone should awknowledge their eating habits!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Yeah I always love at the start "I don't know why I don't lose weight, I am usually pretty good and only eat about 1500 calories" 30 mins later, here you are averaging 4000 calories. LOL
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Yeah I always love at the start "I don't know why I don't lose weight, I am usually pretty good and only eat about 1500 calories" 30 mins later, here you are averaging 4000 calories. LOL

seen it today first time and i couldn't believe it's true...
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    I love this show!!! I think its so interesting how much people eat compared what they think they do!

My favourite case was a slimming consultant!!! (Sliming world or weight watchers person) who thought she was eating 1,200 calories a day but actually ate 3,000 calories when filmed!!!!

This is why I log absolutely everything in my diary!!!

I think they should show it in schools as I think it quite educational and explains why so many people are overweight!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    It's an awesome show. I wish every single fat person who claims that they "can't" lose weight, despite "barely eating", probably because of their "slow metabolism", would get the Secret Eaters treatment.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    It's an awesome show. I wish every single fat person who claims that they "can't" lose weight, despite "barely eating", probably because of their "slow metabolism", would get the Secret Eaters treatment.

This show is awesome. I can't wait to see series 3. I watch reruns all the time. Show's like this drive home the one inevitable fact that for a majority of us weigh loss and weight gain is really about how much we eat. Plain and simple.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    I watched this one before. About 6 episodes. I am in the US and I had to look up how much a stone was so I could understand how much each person weighed. LOL! I will have to look for secret eaters, sounds great!
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    I watched this one before. About 6 episodes. I am in the US and I had to look up how much a stone was so I could understand how much each person weighed. LOL! I will have to look for secret eaters, sounds great!

That make's two of us...lol. I also like the term "full fat soda" make's me laugh every time.
  • cateyedkp
    cateyedkp Posts: 70 Member
    Bump so I can look these up later. I love Supersize vs. Superskinny but I've watched all the episodes :grumble:
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    Looks like a new series has just started here in the UK
    I watched it last night.

2 girls 18st (252lbs) and 16 st (224lbs) ..... one had put on 8 st (112lbs) in 3 years which I think is a rather impressive achievement in itself.

They swore blind they ate 2000 cals and 1400 cals a day. All of it healthy, baked potatoes, salads home cooked food.

Then the video evidence

Yes there was a baked potato every day, with a can of baked beans a mountain of cheese and 3 heaped table spoons of coleslaw weighing in at an impressive 1100 calories.

Sunday roast was 1500 calories in one meal

They were actually consuming 4000 cals and 3000 cals per day

Their reactions were classic
  • lemonshredding
    lemonshredding Posts: 71 Member
    Bump for new show to obsess over/watch on the treadmill!