Replies

• FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    cut glass with your nips
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    When you spit, and it turns to ice before it hits the ground. My friend in Barrow, AK has experienced this. -80 without windchill.

we did the coffee trick in Tok, Alaska.. -54.. very cool to finally see it happen.

I live in Anchorage and we are getting near 50 degrees. But prob next week will be 20 below. The coffee thing has not worked for me in Anchorage area.

You guys are getting the warm air because the polar air moved down here, is what the weather service is saying.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm in North Carolina and it is still only 21. Our pipes froze this morning. Of course I worked out last night and this morning and had to go to work with no shower.

ditto :explode:
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    When your dog that loves the outdoors and cold weather...quickly does her business and starts running back to the house to get inside.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    when your hand start turning different colours because you for got your gloves
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    When you spit, and it turns to ice before it hits the ground. My friend in Barrow, AK has experienced this. -80 without windchill.

we did the coffee trick in Tok, Alaska.. -54.. very cool to finally see it happen.

I live in Anchorage and we are getting near 50 degrees. But prob next week will be 20 below. The coffee thing has not worked for me in Anchorage area.

I visited Alaska one summer and the hotel outside McKinley park has a room that is basically a freezer where you put on big parkas and feel what its like to be -50F (or somewhere around there). We threw fresh off the stove from boiling water on the walls and it froze immediately. Also blew bubbles and they froze. That one was cool.

I'm glad my pipes haven't froze, must be some great insulation in my apartment! (I'm also in NC and the temp. at 5:45am when I went to the gym was 11F with a windchill of about 1F).
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    When you dog refused to go out the door and rugs to his indoor pee pad.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    When it is too cold to take a pee break behind a tree.
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    When your dog refuses to go outside and runs (not rugs) to his indoor pee pad.
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Put on three shirts, two pair of pants, long and short socks, two pair of gloves, a scarf, a hat and a coat and you're still cold! This morning they said on the radio that it was colder in Atlanta than in Anchorage.
  • pookaroo78
    pookaroo78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It takes you 4hrs to thaw and your thighs start to itch like crazy!!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    You can barely walk because you have to wear so much clothing.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When you sneeze and get ice cubes! :wink:
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    When your teenager wears a coat to school.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When your garage door opener freezes and you have to get out of the car and open the garage door manually. :explode:
  • BodyCombatGirl73
    BodyCombatGirl73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When you go to get the skis out of your Tulle Rack, and you can't because the lock is frozen...clearly Mother Nature is trying to tell you it is too cold to ski!
  • ArtsyGarbage
    Options
    when my hands crack open and start bleeding :c
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Frozen hair here too! :( Come onnnnnnnnn Spring!!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Are in California and people online start complaining about snow when you'd rather be where they are!!! :angry:
    Somebody take this heat, I'll gladly take the snow.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Are in California and people online start complaining about snow when you'd rather be where they are!!! :angry:
    Somebody take this heat, I'll gladly take the snow.

It was -30 a few days ago, -11 this morning. It hasn't gone above 0 since Sunday. Will you please take this from me?