Best concert you've ever been too?

Options

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    For the experience, California Jam in 1974 was one of my favorites. Rare Earth, Earth, Wind & Fire, The Eagles, Seals & Crofts, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Emerson, Lake & Palmer played. It was a lot of fun. Went with three other Marines.

In 1976, I saw ZZ Top with Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter & Rory Gallagher at Angel Stadium. That was a great concert too.

In total, I've been to over 800 concerts in my life. The very first one was in Fresno. BB King. The opening act was Janis Joplin.

The last one I went to was Sammy Hagar in August of 2013.

You win! :drinker:
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Radiohead
    Pearl Jam
    Soundgarden
    Neil Young
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Foo Fighters

Not necessarily in that order..............................all great!
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Avenged Sevenfold on the Rockstar Uproar tour in 2011. Hands down.

Finally someone I can relate to lol
  • otillie03103
    otillie03103 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Prince, hands down. Absolutely incredible all 13 times I have seen him in concert.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    For the experience, California Jam in 1974 was one of my favorites. Rare Earth, Earth, Wind & Fire, The Eagles, Seals & Crofts, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Emerson, Lake & Palmer played. It was a lot of fun. Went with three other Marines.

In 1976, I saw ZZ Top with Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter & Rory Gallagher at Angel Stadium. That was a great concert too.

In total, I've been to over 800 concerts in my life. The very first one was in Fresno. BB King. The opening act was Janis Joplin.

The last one I went to was Sammy Hagar in August of 2013.

OMG, I so wish I could seen Janis Joplin live! Actually, all of these sound amazing. I'm just gonna come hang out by you....
  • PauliePCC
    PauliePCC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    so many to choose from. But it's a toss between The Dropkick Murphys concert I went to last year and The Black Keys/Foo Fighters the year before. I rocked my face off at both. Def need to go to some concerts this year.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I saw tone loc at the swamp in fort walton beach. And yes, it was recently. LMAO!

I also saw 2 live crew back in 01 and some hole in the wall bar in pensacola. I'm pretty sure they had the same dancers from the 90s. LOL
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Volbeat. Hands down, best ever. 1st time I saw them in Omaha, NE.. Front row, right up against the security barrier... 2nd time was in Lincoln, NE... about 3rd rowish (standing room general admission).
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    alice cooper trash tour opening act was great white. but yeah alice cut his head off and held it while the lips keep singing. that was my first big concert to
  • otillie03103
    otillie03103 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nine Inch Nails but Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Diamond and George Strait all come in a very close 2nd!

Nine Inch Nails is one on my bucket list. Haven't made it yet.
  • brcossette
    brcossette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    AC DC in 1981 right after they released Back in Black.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Willie Nelson
    The Eagles
    Cant remember what years though ? It was a while ago :smokin:
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Paul McCartney - Safeco Field in Seattle, June 2013. This was an AMAZING 3 hours, and when all the living members of Nirvana came out on stage and played several songs with him at the end? Well, I about lost it.

Runners up: Ringo Starr's All Starr Band (totally fun, Chateau Ste Michelle in 2012), Roger Waters doing The Wall (Tacoma Dome in 2010 then Rose Arena in 2012).

I love music and concerts.
  • noratas
    noratas Posts: 49
    Options
    Pearl Jam - 2013
    Green Day - 2013
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Metallica & Ted Nugent, Detroit NYE 1999~>2000
    I was at this show too (at the Silverdome)....Kid Rock was the first act (and he's always great)

Way too many shows to choose from, but the top older shows are the Eagles (Hell Freezes Over tour) and a small Crosby Stills & Nash show around 1999 or so.

I also saw P!NK twice last year, and she really puts on a great show!

I also went to Black Sabbath (with Ozzy) last summer, and that was pretty cool,....he sounded great :smokin:
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Def Leppard at the Amphitheatre

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (twice !!)

(sorry) hafta add Bon Jovi :tongue:
  • MayaLove1
    MayaLove1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Outside venue. Rained for about 20 minutes, everyone was soaked, nobody cared.
  • the_only_solution
    the_only_solution Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been to about 100 and I can't name 1 favorite, but here are the top 5:
    Parliament Funkadelic in NOLA, Feb 2000
    Primus, ATL circa 1996
    Black Sabbath at Ozzfest ATL 2005
    Pantera, Sepultura, Machine Head ATL, circa 1994
    Cocteau Twins, ATL circa 1996
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Last Memorial Day Weekend... Rocklahoma 2013... Three days and nights of rock awesomeness and camping beneath the big beautiful sky! Korn, Cheap trick, hollywood undead, steel panther, dokken, skillet, halestorm, asking alexandria, big wreck, alice in chains, bullet for my valentine, all that remains, ratt, device, papa roach, bush and guns n roses! Going again this year!
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The Ramones with Social Distortion and Overwhelming Colorfast at the Greek Theater in Berkeley