• sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Nine Inch Nails: Tension Tour (2013)
    BEYOND WORDS.
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Woodstock '94 with Nine Inch Nails being one of the highlights of that.

Other favorites are The Grateful Dead (with '91 being first big show), The Stones, CSN&Y, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, more Nine Inch Nails. I've been to lots of shows and have rarely been disappointed.
  • ball_FXDWG
    ball_FXDWG Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Summer Sanitarium at Pontiac Silver Dome in 2003 - Linkin Park, Mudvayne, Metallica

Music as a Weapon 1 2001 at Delta Plex - Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Adema

~2008 Royal Oak Theatre - Sevendust and Mudvayne

Sevendust at a local fair grounds in 2011

2 Dollar Bill show at Michigan Theater in Detroit in 2003, Linkin Park Street team show. Got to meet the band, that was probably the best.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Tough question! There are too many to choose from!

I've seen Metallica twice, the first time on the St Anger tour when I was 15, and the second (and better show) was 2012 in Edmonton. The stage show was incredible, and the music was amazing! Not one person sat down for that show.

Avenged Sevenfold and the whole Uproar show in 2011 was phenomenal. A7X always has an amazing stage show, and they are an INCREDIBLE live band.

Rock Allegiance last year (HIM, Volbeat, Airbourne and All That Remains) was incredible too! Volbeat are so good live, I could see them a hundred times and never get bored.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    A few guys and myself drove down to Philly, I think it was 1981 to see the Rolling Stones with Journey and George Thorogood. What a wild weekend that was. I have seen better bands but that was probably the best concert that I went to. Seeing Boston in the Boston Garden was my first concert and I still think J Geils put on some of the best shows, especially in the Garden.
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    so many to choose from. But it's a toss between The Dropkick Murphys concert I went to last year and The Black Keys/Foo Fighters the year before. I rocked my face off at both. Def need to go to some concerts this year.

I've seen the Dropkick Murphys!! they were ace
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    so many to choose from. But it's a toss between The Dropkick Murphys concert I went to last year and The Black Keys/Foo Fighters the year before. I rocked my face off at both. Def need to go to some concerts this year.

I've seen the Dropkick Murphys!! they were ace

Or and Foo's and Black Keys:blushing:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Dave Matthews
    Mumford and Sons
    Cold War Kids
    Bon Jovi
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Nine Inch Nails
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Motley Crue & KISS @ Blossom in 2012
  • AshleyYost88
    Options
    Definitely Avenged Sevenfold this past October. They are amazing live. Made me love them even more. I can't wait to see them again at this years Rock on the Range.
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Ton to choose from but Zac Brown Band, and it's not even close. Seriously deadly cover of Enter Sandman

I've seen ZBB a few times and they never disappoint. Their show on New Year's Eve in Detroit last year was definitely one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

AC/DC in 2008 at the Skydome in Toronto - my fave band of all time. Angus's solo was unreal.

Tom Petty in the Detroit area - I think it was 2007. I've seen him twice, but Stevie Nicks was the "suprise guest" at this show and it was awesome.

Kenny Chesney - in Detroit every year he tours. The best year so far was with Zac Brown.

Aaand really hoping to see Garth Brooks when he tours this year! I have no doubt it will be epic.
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    1. Luke Bryan and Dierks Bently at Winstock last year. Kip moore ws hot!!!:blushing:
    2. Blake Shelton @ Winstock 2012
    3.Tool - can't remember wich ozzfest.
    4.Static X @ first Ave
  • nicor44
    nicor44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters! All 4 times I've seen them live were amazing.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Musically: Willie Nelson. Went for around three hours with almost no breaks.

All-over entertainment: Flaming Lips. They are an orgasm of sight and sound live.

I also remember Floyd as being decent but we had seats in the bleeds behind some dude who looked like he was hitting a crack pipe :huh:
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    barenaked ladies (1996 or 97) Niagara University. super small crowd and it was perfect. out of all the times i have seen them, this was by far the best.
    How could I forget them? I've seen them at least three times and they were always great...of course it was still the Steven Page era. I don't know that I'd care to see the current lineup...
  • GingerJenX3
    Options
    In this order:

1 - Keith Urban (No comparison....BEST EVER)
    2 - Tim McGraw
    3 - Luke Bryan

This! and Dixie Chicks!
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    Jimi Hendrix, that should date me.
    Was it the tour where he opened for the Monkees? (Now that just dated ME....)
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I went to see Ray Lamontagne and it was fantastic. He had Brandie Carlisle (sp?) and The Secret Sisters opening for him. It was an outside venue and the weather was perfect.
  • EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great thread.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street band best live band around seen them 22 times and I've seen a lot of bands too from the Stones to th Who, the Dead and plenty.