What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Couscous and a veggie blend tossed together and topped with steamed paella mix (all seasoned copiously with Old Bay, lemon, and white pepper), corn on the cob as a side. Suuuuper excited for this one.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/gluten-free-pizza-crust-sauce/

topped with salsa, tri colored peppers, black beans, black olives, mushrooms vegan cheese

sweet potato fries ,onion rings- homemade

kale salad
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    On tonight's menu are BLT's with Avocado, and baked Yukon Gold potato wedges.

Rigger
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i was going to have soup..... but its 40 degrees celcius here so im thinking it makes me silly haha

I had to google a celcius/fahrenheit converter to make sure my mental math was working. 40 degrees celcius would feel like living in an oven to me right now. Here it's currently -17 celcius (0 degrees fahrenheit to save anyone else from having to google it) and apparently it's only getting colder for the next three days.

Though soup ... it's never too hot for soup.

It's super cold here too...5 degrees but feels in the negatives...soup sounds lovely ;)
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    We have been craving steak. So tonight's menu is new york strip, garlic mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli... It's like our very own steakhouse!
  • slash12345
    Options
    Roast chicken breasts (bone in, skin on) and red quinoa salad.

I am looking for a good red quinoa salad recipe. Care to share?
  • slash12345
    Options
    6" Subway sandwich followed by Zumba.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Hot Toddy Turkey.

It's fancy. It involves setting fire to things. I feel like a Masterchef.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    worms and grubs
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken breasts (bone in, skin on) and red quinoa salad.

I am looking for a good red quinoa salad recipe. Care to share?

I don't use a recipe. I mix cooked quinoa, a can of rinsed beans (I use white beans when using red quinoa, red beans for white quinoa just because I think it looks better), whatever crunchy vegetables I have in the fridge (celery, carrots, radishes, cucumber, peppers, onion, etc), maybe some chopped tomato, and make a homemade vinaigrette dressing. I use olive oil, either some type of vinegar or lemon or lime juice, hot sauce and dried spices for the dressing. It's a little different every time.
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Chicken with whole wheat bread crumbs cooked in a little coconut oil and a side of broc.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread to fall back on when I feel like I have nothing to make for dinner. So many of these seem like they would be easy to throw together with whatever is in the house already!

It's just me and the kids tonight so I usually just make grilled cheeses or breakfast for dinner on those nights, but this thread may inspire me to pull out some ingredients and see what else I can come up with.

For example - my husband is allergic to shrimp and doesn't like butternut squash. Pretty sure I have both of those in the freezer. Any ideas??? I think I have coconut milk in the pantry. Maybe a curry? Seriously - ideas???
  • 39nholdn
    39nholdn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would you consider sharing the recipe? Sounds GREAT!
  • sandiuk
    sandiuk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tesco chilled meal: chicken & stuffing bake with a bag of microwave veg (carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn) - fast but yummy & I feel like I've eaten a 'proper' meal - 464 cals
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Would you consider sharing the recipe? Sounds GREAT!

Was that to me? About shrimp and butternut squash? I don't have a recipe I'm trying to figure out what to do with them myself!!!

If I do a curry I think I will saute the shrimp and squash then simmer with coconut milk, red curry paste, and a little lime juice, maybe some peanut butter. I'm not sure if that will all work together but that's what I usually do for thai chicken curry with snap peas and grean beans.

Of course if I make that, it will just be for me, and then I'm still making grilled cheese for the kids more than likely....
  • dyneice
    Options
    I had "buffalo style" tofu.

2qasu4m.jpg

Oh that could be delicious. I need to try this
  • GrindingSalt
    GrindingSalt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had a big bowl of spaghetti with zucchini, chicken, garlic, and parmesan. Tons of pepper. So so good.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Tri-color rotini with cubed pork tossed in pesto, steamed broccoli.
  • jessicameadsstephens
    Options
    Salmon Burgers with avocado, spicy sweet potato fries with spicy ranch dressing :)
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Mmm yummy meal ideas ????