Best concert you've ever been too?

Options

Replies

• hapyfaces2
    hapyfaces2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Al Jarreau It was an outdoor concert and you could bring a picnic basket and listen to jazz
  • Rssblade
    Rssblade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will go with "Deep Purple" and "Thin Lizzie" at the Flamingo Club in the 70's, down here in sunny Cornwall England.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Oh my, so many to choose from. This is going to show my age!

1.The Who 1976
    2. Aerosmith
    3. Eagles {front row}
    4. Vince Gill
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Jimi Hendrix at the Albert Hall in the 60's;
    Grateful Dead at the Ally Pally in the 70's
    Eric Clapton with Roger Waters in the 80's,
    Local bands since have been pretty darn good..

Oh yeh & my son Sime at Roonstock 09 ..LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS2lQAPclww&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    go baby! :happy:
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    PITBULL 2006!!!
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 1981 tour! Unbelievably hands down the one that surprised me the most and all the other bands that followed still did not put on a show like that--it wasn't about all the lights and video displays and showy stuff--his sound was fabulous it was purely music! The sound was incredible!
  • Kurindal
    Kurindal Posts: 355
    Options
    Elton John, Philadelphia 2013

Of all the bands I've seen, he rocked the hardest, and that includes metal bands like Metallica. That dude can ****ing bring it.
  • loseitnow66
    Options
    Kiss & Aerosmith together.
  • Shar8210
    Options
    Maroon 5..my favorite artist n only artist I will pay to see when they come here or close to here
  • Shar8210
    Options
    @hapyfaces2 that sounds quite nice
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Coheed and Cambria was amazing in January 2009, I think it was. Great concert!
    I saw Coheed & Cambria in 2010 on their U.S. tour with Porcupine Tree in support and that show was one of the best I've ever seen.
  • JackiSto
    JackiSto Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Green Day's American Idiot Tour...

Every Avett Brothers show!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    My sister went to see Billy Joel in October. Envy didn't come close haha!
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Radiohead May 2012
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Iron Maiden 2008

BB King, Taj Mahal and Jesse Cook were also up there. Looking forward to Black Sabbath in April!
  • aprildaguilar
    aprildaguilar Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Common and Friends Funraiser at the Palladium Hollywood 2009
    Mos Def Talib Kweli Heavy D Kanye West Queen Latifah and MORE MORE MORE ... Whew I cannot even begin to say how amazingly fantastic this HIP HOP concert came off!!! and IT was FREE FREE FREE!!!
  • badgerdh
    badgerdh Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Radiohead May 2012

Saw Radiohead at Grant park in Chicago. Show was unbelievable.
  • sarahc142
    Options
    Not a concert more like a meet and greet, mostly just because of how shocked I was at the outcome.

This was back when One Direction was first starting out, my friend forced me to go to the mall in another state for their meet and greet. So we get up at 5am to be the first ones at the mall, since they're only letting the first 600 people meet the group.

We get there at around 6:45, 15 minutes before the mall is supposed to even open and we see the parking lot PACKED with cars. Turns out they had to open the mall early because there was so much traffic outside of cars just circling the mall waiting to get in.

Over 11,000 people showed up before the gates even opened. Yeah we didn't get to meet them but we got to see them from pretty close, this was how many people showed up in that tiny mall.

msrZ9zH.png

I've never seen so many girls in uggs before lol
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I have 3 favorites, in no particular order. 1st Ozzfest 1998, outdoor venue and Tool played along with several other great bands. Partly my favorite cuz I was 15 years old and was my first major concert. 2nd was all other 3 times I've seen Tool, and 3rd is Pink.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Otep at the Brass Mug in Tampa about a year ago.