Any fellow Whovians here?

Options

Replies

• impossibleBadWolf
    impossibleBadWolf Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I couldn't pick a favorite episode!! The one I've been wanting to rewatch the most, lately is planet of the dead. Which is a 10 special. I really liked that one. And anything with Martha or Donna! So good!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Ah Donna....I was horrified when they re cast her after the runaway bride episode...what a delight she turned out to be.
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I loved Donna! It makes me so sad how that all turned out. Still easily one of my favorite companions.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It's Rory for me.....

And Jamie......

And Jack......
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    drwho5_zps8496d39b.gif

Hey there & welcome !

:drinker:
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed! I've been fighting the adiposes!
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 9 train as well. He was my first Doctor. I love him!

Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for more Whovians in my life.
  • newlifeforlucas
    Options
    HELL YEAH Doctor Who! :D
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yep. Seen every Doctor Who episode.

Also, love Sherlock.

10th doctor was my favorite. God I miss David Tennant.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm a new Who:blushing: :smokin: ...lots to catch up on... still on the first season but found a free site with all the seasons... YAY! So I'm far more new to this Whoville than most but am loving it!

Gonna stop reading this thread now... don't wanna see any spoilers.:noway: :tongue:
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    old lady whovian here -- I love all the doctors - 9 through 11 that is. However, the writing of the shows has taken a serious downturn. Matt Smith is wonderful as the doctor, but the writers aren't giving him good stuff to work with. I have a feeling the Capaldi Dr. will be more for children than adults. Who knows?

As for Sherlock -- love that series and I think all the actors in it are superb. Moriarty was fabulous, such good acting. And Mark Gatiss as Mycroft -- the absolutely perfect upper class government employee.

I'm the only Whovian around my neck of the woods -- I don't know any friends who watch it.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love Doctor Who!.....and The Walking Dead, Sherlock and Being Human!

tumblr_inline_mleqzv5twu1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_m9uzo5eq3Y1rw9er3.gif
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed! I've been fighting the adiposes!

"I'm waving at fat..."
  • benjaminlight
    benjaminlight Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Love Dr. Who - Tennant is my fave.

Headed to a Who party next Saturday night - 8 of us, each get our favorite episodes. Stoked.
  • handyandy9x
    handyandy9x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fan of the Doctor ..remembering being scared as a 6 year old when the 'New' Doctor Jon Pertwee took over from Patrick Troughton... nightmares of Cybermen standing in the corner of the lounge.. Tom Baker was probably my favourite, but some of the Tennant stories were truly excellent, The End of Time probably my favourite from his era. Matt Smith was irritating in the end . Hold great hopes for Peter Capaldi, just hope the writing improves..
  • billprice005
    billprice005 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm Old. I've been watching since as a kid and the Doctor was "Grandfather". I think they just keep geting better
  • EplusThree
    EplusThree Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Whovian here, too :} Sometimes I feel alone in my love for Nine, especially since he was so short lived in the series, but he's my favorite. Closely followed by Ten, of course!

Not alone! I'm gobsmacked that some people actually SKIP Nine..how can you possibly, POSSIBLY have ANY true appreciation for Rose, Jackie, Mickey, Harriet, etc if you SKIP Nine?!

My mom raised me on Classic, so Tom Baker is my doctor, followed closely by Nine, and possibly even tied with Pertwee. I strayed for a very long time before watching the new ones because I had seen Eccleston in other works and thought he was such a ...mean person (not realizing he's an incredible actor). I'm SO glad I finally gave in because I was hooked in the first episode.

I'm not afraid to say.. Tennant, IMO, is painful to watch. I can't enjoy myself because of that mouth and chin *shudder* I only stomach him because I adore Donna, like Rose quite a bit, and find River to be incredible (and yes, Martha was awesome, too!)

Don't get me started on being a Sherlockian ;)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    "My" Doctor was Jon Pertwee. I think Peter Capaldi could be the best yet - just hoping he gets some really good scripts!
  • FieryPixie
    Options
    I'm in season three!
  • vancitychic
    vancitychic Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    did ya'll see 12's style on bbc? it was just released

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25921603