How do you reward yourself?

Options
When I meet my goal weight I plan on rewarding myself with a makeover (new outfit, mani/pedi, highlights, EVERYTHING!)
However, I would like to give myself small rewards along the way...maybe every 10lb loss...
I think looking foward to that reward will help keep me on track and motivated and at small intervals it will feel more attainable.

Do you reward yourselves for hitting you goal or mini-goals? If so, what kind of things do you do for yourselves?

Replies

• kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I indulge myself in ice cream and chocolates
  • jennya1979
    Options
    A full wardrobe makeover/shopping spree would be fun to save up for in preparation for reaching your goal weight (and you hope you'll probably need it by then!)

In the interim, I am planning on rewarding myself with non-food related things, like a new pair of shoes (going out shoes or sneakers), or a ring/pair of earrings/piece of jewellery to represent my promise to myself to keep going. Or a massage to reward my muscles for doing all that exercise.

Every 4-5kg's is a reasonable milestone to keep yourself motivated.

If motivation is lagging, its always nice to get a new gym outfit (tights/top/jacket) to get you moving.
  • explorationerin
    Options
    I plan on buying myself something nice to wear for every stone i lose....

I seem to spend my money on my son so it will be nice to have a reason to spend it on myself!
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    I am going to be rewarding myself.

At 1 stone I am having my hair done
    At 2 stone I am going on a spa day
    and at 3 stone, my goal, I am going to buy myself lots of new clothes :D

I have never been a girly girl, but would like to treat myself to these things as I never ever do!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with a single piece of dark choclate at the end of day for staying within my calories.

No rewards for actually getting healthier. Being healthier is reward enough for me.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I enjoy buying new clothes in smaller sizes.
  • MsMacL
    MsMacL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    OMG, kitsmom - you've lost a 'person'! :flowerforyou:
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    For me it was getting my fitbit as an early birthday present with just shy of 25lbs lost.

I have 2 more 25lb goals so each of those will be another present. Haven't decided on final ones yet though. There's a scale that fitbit makes that looks pretty neat so that's a possibility... Depending where I am measurement wise my final 25lb loss might be getting one of my competition suits ordered or at the very least the one I'll use with tanning!

In-between those I'm getting clothing as needed and using that as a dual goal to donate the stuff that's now too big. I kept my smaller sized clothes as I went up but do not intend to keep the big stuff as I go down! Started decluttering the whole house and I'm not letting my closet stay cluttered!!!
  • alc212
    alc212 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Massage :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I plan on being healthier and fitter that's reward enough
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i sign up for a race. when i finish, i'm rewarded with a medal, a sense of elation, and sometimes a beer!!
  • Cyriacos
    Options
    I find that the reward for a hard training session is the satsifaction that I managed to pull through it .
    I try not to think about losing weight , I just want to become stronger , faster and have better stamina and endurance .

When I am done with my training i like to put on music and take a hot shower , it feels like a million bucks :)
  • S1inky
    S1inky Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Weekly rewards: for 2lb
    fruit sometimes
    Smoked salmon
    fillet steak
    Heroes - chocolate
    Yes I am sort of doing the dukan diet
    Today, rhubarb is my reward, with fat free vanilla yogurt

I havent decided how to reward myself for proper milestones yet. 7lbs, 11st, 1st, 1 1/2st. so I hope some more ideas come up.

If I ever get to 9st I might get a gold chain to go around my waist, so that I know I have to take action to stand up straight and hold it all in and reduce carbs if its feeling a bit snug.
  • jason923
    jason923 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    McDonalds :devil:
  • Dreamingallday
    Options
    Every 20 pounds I get some new clothes, but nothing too luxurious yet as I have a long way to go, but enough to encourage me.

After I reach my goal I intend to treat myself to a whole new wardrobe, hairstyle and colour as well as my first ever bikini!!! If I am bold enough to wear it out ni public remains to be seen.

Mostly I just want to let myself actually shine for once in a way I've never felt comfortable doing.

Before I got in to a serious relationship though,I had intended to go out in a great little cocktail dress and see the kind of ego boost I can get that I never really experienced while overweight. Just some harmless flirtations. :)
  • Faith3221
    Faith3221 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a 2014 calendar and every day that I work out and stick to my 1200 calorie meal plan I get two stickers. If I don't work out then I get only one. At the end of the month, I count up the number of days that have two stickers and I can purchase something that costs that amount. For instance twenty out of 31 days, I can purchase a pretty $20 scarf,
  • salendire
    Options
    In the past I have bought myself an OPI or China Glaze nail polish every 5kg (10lbs) or so.
  • MyFoodGod
    MyFoodGod Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't think food rewards is a good idea for me. I'm trying to explore healthier foods and maybe spend more on those as a lifestyle change.

Getting to wear my smaller sized clothes and feeling healthier is reward enough.

I think a small wardrobe item along the way could be okay.
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking a lot about this lately. Food rewards just don't work for me. So I've decided that for every 10lbs I'm going to do something nice for myself. Honestly I'm like most of you, and I just want to look better.

1st highlights
    2nd manicure
    3rd smaller clothes
  • brillanta
    brillanta Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to new excercis gadgets--heart rate montior, special running shoes, buy a TRX class at the gym. I'm thinking I may buy a recumbant bike to have at home so I can pedal while I read. I can always dream of new exercise gadgets and feel if I am loosing the weight I kinda deserve to buy them....