Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Most hated exercise?

Replies

• cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,641 Member
    I have a few I don't like: burpees, wall squats and the plank. My trainer knows I don't like these and he always sneaks them into my workout, LOL. I recently told him I like them so he wouldn't have me do them all the time, yeah that didn't work, he didn't believe me, ha ha ha.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    jumping jacks..for a number of reasons
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    My vote is definately for PLYOMETRICS. I hate not being able to sit down for days afterwards. Just knowing how sore I'm going to be afterwards HURTS me, haha. I'm very active, but no matter how great of shape I get, plyometrics will kick my butt EVERY TIME.

Now, that's exercises that I can do. For some strange reason I can't do a single pull up. ??!! I can bang out hundreds of inclinded push ups without a problem, but one little ity bity pullup I can't swing it...
  • Lateral lunges are a pain. If you do 3 sets of 10 reps on each side, it's just a boring exercise that takes forever to do.
    I second this. The exercises I hate are the ones I find boring. I also loathe single leg wall squats. Uggggg :sick:
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    I think a more positive title for this thread would have been "Name an exercise you want your body to love eventually..."

... and that would be pushups for me. :tongue:
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Stair stepper kills me. Love the elliptical. What's a burpee?
  • I hate crunches... cause I can't do them correctly. My neck and back always hurt, and my abs don't feel a thing >=( I've watched, read, and heard so many people describe how to do a crunch correctly, but I swear every time I try them I end up stopping due to neck or back pain, NOT due to sore abs.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Planks & push-ups. And running. My brain needs me to be doing stuff all the time, and I haven't yet found law case books on tape :wink:
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    +1 for squats. I do them in the cage but I always feel like I'm not going low enough, or I'm not doing it right. Doing squats without weight added is no problem though. It's just with the barbell and the cage that seems to screw me up, it's like I have trouble balancing myself with that weight on my shoulders.

The next thing that I don't care for is shoulder shrugs...these aren't so difficult, I just don't have any motivation to do them, just holding heavy dumbells and shrugging just seems dumb.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    BURPees, fo shure! :grumble: someday it'll get easier I hope!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Lunges and squats of any kind (squats with calf raises kill me every time). Plank. Push ups. I used to hate running but I'm starting to like it a little more.
  • I hate crunches... cause I can't do them correctly. My neck and back always hurt, and my abs don't feel a thing >=( I've watched, read, and heard so many people describe how to do a crunch correctly, but I swear every time I try them I end up stopping due to neck or back pain, NOT due to sore abs.

I have the same problem with crunches I push through them and I've found that looking through my legs to the wall close to the ceiling helps a little. Look around till you find a place where looking makes it so you don't feel any neck pain, experiment. Also focus on exhaling as you crunch up that seems to help as well I've noticed.

For the person that asked what a burpee was. A burpee is where you start standing squat to the floor, kick your feet back into a push-up, do a push-up(optional), jump your feet back to your hands, and then leap straight up into the air. They are an amazing full body exercise that was created by the Devil himself.

The things that give me the most trouble are things such as running/jogging, my knees hate me every time no matter what. Jumping rope used to give me hell but since changing to a surface with more give it doesn't give me such a hassle thankfully, because I absolutely love it. Not many exercises where I can burn upwards of 1K calories in an hour's time that improve my upper body strength, lower body strength, core muscle strength, rhythm and coordination. Gotta love the jump rope.
  • My most hated would have to be lunges or pushups. I'm not strong enough to do pushups properly yet (can't wait until I can). Lunges just hurt. Other than that I dislike the elliptical because it kinda hurts me, but I know they are all doing me good and so I do all of them regularly. :)
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    I despise burpies starting from the ground. I used to hate stairmaster but I just conquered that beast
  • Tricep dips they really kill me and I always feel like I'm going to fall.
  • twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    #1- Burpees
    #2- Side Plank
    #3- Squats
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Jumping Jacks! Hate them with a passion and of course it shows: :laugh:
  • krystie99
    krystie99 Posts: 42 Member
    Thrust jumps and tricep pushups... ::shudders::
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    I hate push-ups!! They are a necessary evil...but I HATE them!!!!:sad:

I second that...push-ups are evil!
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    BURPees, fo shure! :grumble: someday it'll get easier I hope!

Oh...I forgot about that horrible exercise!