Options

Replies

• karenowen60
    karenowen60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Lite n easy
    Coca cola
    Pizza hut

Mystery solved. Unless you got 200 extra pounds, and want to knock it down to 60 extra pounds, eating less process foods will not help you much. You only have 4 kg to lose? then you'll need a whole different plan my friend.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    I only drink diet coke when we eat out, which is not very often &Pizza hut, we don't have where I live nor do I eat it. I only have 3kgs to lose and what plan are you suggesting.
    Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to binges.

I feel better eating fewer packaged, processed foods. Everybody's different, and it will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Lite n easy are not processed foods, but are cooked by chefs. In saying that I was ok energy wise until day 5 into the Lite n easy program, so I am wondering if perhaps that is what is causing the problem.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Are you in the UK? Make sure he/she checks your B12, folate and ferritin levels along with everything else. A deficiency in any of those areas can contribute to loss of energy.

Good luck :)

No, I am in Australia
    Totally agree about having your iron levels checked. Unless you're vegan, B12 should technically be fine, but worth a check anyway.

I tried liteneasy for a brief time when I was very busy and I found that there just wasn't enough food at breakfast and lunch for the calorie allowance. I was usually ravenous in between meals because the portion sizes were so tiny and the protein content was so low (probably follows Australian guidelines of 10-15% of intake). I like the dinners though, but only buy them now to keep in the freezer for nights when I can't be bothered cooking.

Liteneasy is certainly convenient but I think that you can do a much better job yourself. It may be worthwhile giving it a break to see if your energy levels improve (if your blood tests are all good).
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    No, you don't need to eat the protein amounts of a male body builder. LOL! Most women have about 100 lbs. of lean mass and the recommendation is to eat about 1 gram protein per pound of lean mass.
  • Workinonit123
    Workinonit123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not enough fuel for the body?

Try increasing your calories.

I agree. Eat healthy, but eat.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    No, you don't need to eat the protein amounts of a male body builder. LOL! Most women have about 100 lbs. of lean mass and the recommendation is to eat about 1 gram protein per pound of lean mass.

LOL They were the amounts he gave me to eat, he, himself eats 200gms of meat & 150gms of sweet potato!!!!
  • kaylerato
    kaylerato Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat a few more calories than you but when I was feeling sluggish I started taking a multivitamin with increased b complex. It helped a lot.
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi Lovely, Im still suggesting more protein & good fats (nuts, avocado, fish etc) So pleased your sodium intake has gone down & you are doing so so well to stick to this. You dont need as much as your partners bodybuilding friends suggested (although, i still think your DR has some explaining to do as to why he is so adverse to high protein) but i think more protein & good fats will be fantastic for you :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You dont need as much as your partners bodybuilding friends suggested (although, i still think your DR has some explaining to do as to why he is so adverse to high protein) but i think more protein & good fats will be fantastic for you.
    Mega-high protein puts a strain on the kidneys, for one. OP, please trust your doctor rather than well-meaning strangers on the internet.
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I didnt say 'mega high,' I also did say not as high as her body builder friend - i was saying higher than what is currently being consumed. I wasn't saying dont listen to a Dr, i was saying ask him to explain why specifically, he doesn't support higher protein, what he classifies as high protein etc (which, the OP should understand what i meant & my intentions from PM's.)
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You dont need as much as your partners bodybuilding friends suggested (although, i still think your DR has some explaining to do as to why he is so adverse to high protein) but i think more protein & good fats will be fantastic for you.
    Mega-high protein puts a strain on the kidneys, for one. OP, please trust your doctor rather than well-meaning strangers on the internet.

115 grams/day is only a little high, not "mega-high." Not remotely a problem unless she actually has kidney issues. I'm thinking she'd have mentioned that, though.
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I had energy issues the first two weeks, but then my body adjusted and I feel pretty good now. Looking at your diary, it appears you eat half your calories for dinner, having much lighter breakfasts and lunches. Is there a reason such as job or school schedule for this? I would think you would be sluggish during the day as your body is not getting much energy during this time. Try to even out those numbers, or at least get as many calories at lunch as you do at dinner (perhaps you do not like breakfast). This may help up those energy levels for exercise.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Lite n easy
    Coca cola
    Pizza hut

Mystery solved. Unless you got 200 extra pounds, and want to knock it down to 60 extra pounds, eating less process foods will not help you much. You only have 4 kg to lose? then you'll need a whole different plan my friend. The last 10-15 pounds are the toughest and you can't just get super ripped by just eating less of whatever you've been eating. You'd need a diet similar to a pro athlete to get your body fat that low.

The only thing she needs to change is likely how much she is taking in, and upping her protein as someone else has already suggested. As long as she meets her macros, she will lose weight eating whatever she wants. I know, because I've done it. And so have many others here.
  • karenowen60
    Options

115 grams/day is only a little high, not "mega-high." Not remotely a problem unless she actually has kidney issues. I'm thinking she'd have mentioned that, though.

No, I don't have kidney problems, the only health problem I have is mild depression, which has to be diet controlled as I can't take meds.
    I didn't seem to have the fatigue/energy problem before I started Lite n easy, so maybe that is the problem.
    Not sure where the 115gms a day figure is coming from, because it was suggested to me by a bodybuilder male friend to have 320gms a day of protein, which my doctor has said no to, because I am not a bodybuilder
  • karenowen60
    Options
    Lite n easy
    Coca cola
    Pizza hut

Mystery solved. Unless you got 200 extra pounds, and want to knock it down to 60 extra pounds, eating less process foods will not help you much. You only have 4 kg to lose? then you'll need a whole different plan my friend. The last 10-15 pounds are the toughest and you can't just get super ripped by just eating less of whatever you've been eating. You'd need a diet similar to a pro athlete to get your body fat that low.

The only thing she needs to change is likely how much she is taking in, and upping her protein as someone else has already suggested. As long as she meets her macros, she will lose weight eating whatever she wants. I know, because I've done it. And so have many others here.

Macros???? sorry I am still learning this program. Is that the amount of protein MFP suggest you have a day
  • QuietBloom
    Options

No, I don't have kidney problems, the only health problem I have is mild depression, which has to be diet controlled as I can't take meds.
    I didn't seem to have the fatigue/energy problem before I started Lite n easy, so maybe that is the problem.
    Not sure where the 115gms a day figure is coming from, because it was suggested to me by a bodybuilder male friend to have 320gms a day of protein, which my doctor has said no to, because I am not a bodybuilder

A good rule of thumb is 1g/lb of lean body mass. Your bodybuilder friend likely weighs a GOOD deal more than you, to start with. And it sounds like he might be overdoing the protein. LOL
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Lite n easy
    Coca cola
    Pizza hut

Macros???? sorry I am still learning this program. Is that the amount of protein MFP suggest you have a day

Macros = carbs/protein/fat. They are at the bottom of your diary so you can see how you are doing as go along. You can change them by going through your goals and choosing manual set up, rather than have MFP set them up for you.
  • karenowen60
    Options
    I had energy issues the first two weeks, but then my body adjusted and I feel pretty good now. Looking at your diary, it appears you eat half your calories for dinner, having much lighter breakfasts and lunches. Is there a reason such as job or school schedule for this? I would think you would be sluggish during the day as your body is not getting much energy during this time. Try to even out those numbers, or at least get as many calories at lunch as you do at dinner (perhaps you do not like breakfast). This may help up those energy levels for exercise.

This is week 4 now, the energy issues were never a problem the first two weeks, only middle of week 3.
    I chose to do Lite n easy program as I have had success before, as have many other people & it would help me to keep within the 1200 calorie limit.
    What I eat is dictated by the menu they give you, no other reason. I love my breakfast.
    Maybe this is not for me this time, because it seems that my downfall has been since I started on the Lite n Easy program
  • karenowen60
    Options
    Lite n easy
    Coca cola
    Pizza hut

Macros = carbs/protein/fat. They are at the bottom of your diary so you can see how you are doing as go along. You can change them by going through your goals and choosing manual set up, rather than have MFP set them up for you.

thanks for that. If you look at my diary, most days I am under all of those.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    What was the TDEE you were given?

After looking at your diary I would suggest you aren't eating enough.
  • karenowen60
    Options

A good rule of thumb is 1g/lb of lean body mass. Your bodybuilder friend likely weighs a GOOD deal more than you, to start with. And it sounds like he might be overdoing the protein. LOL

He eats a lot, lot more than that. He was giving me what he said I needed & I am only 61kgs!!!!