Lemon water

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    yes.

lemons are magic.

the ancient egyptians used lemon water to help them build the pyramids.

alexander the great used lemon water to conquer most of the known world.

NASA used lemon water to put men on the moon.

rumor has it that Obama even secretly contaminated the US water supply in 2008 with lemons to help get himself elected.

so yes, lemon water can do magical things and this of course includes magical weight loss.

isn't the space shuttle make out of lemon rind?
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    in.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    yes.

lemons are magic.

the ancient egyptians used lemon water to help them build the pyramids.

alexander the great used lemon water to conquer most of the known world.

NASA used lemon water to put men on the moon.

rumor has it that Obama even secretly contaminated the US water supply in 2008 with lemons to help get himself elected.

so yes, lemon water can do magical things and this of course includes magical weight loss.

isn't the space shuttle make out of lemon rind?

probably. i know i see trucks full of lemons going into cheyenne mountain all the time and that's where the stargate is... so, it stands to reason... lemons = space travel.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice (pH 2-3) will not make water more alkaline. Why? Because lemons do not have large freakin' deposits of calcium carbonate in them. Alkalinity is the ability of a liquid to neutralize hydrogen ions. Species that affect alkalinity? Bicarbonate, CO3, PO4, B(OH)4, maybe a few other minor ones.. None of these are going to be present in quantities sufficient enough to change jack, in your glass of water let alone your body (if they were, them lemon wouldn't be...you know...acidic and stuff). All it will do is change the acid content of your urine, because your kidneys will expel the excess.

Also, it will not change your blood pH. Changes in blood pH are, as they say in the medical profession "incompatible with life".

BWHb38N.gif
  • KrysBlaze
    KrysBlaze Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Bwahahahahaha:laugh:
  • KrysBlaze
    KrysBlaze Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If you mean weight loss by-- you drink a warm glass of it with 2T of evoo as soon as you wake up, then yes. Yes you can lose up to 1.5 pounds daily, but only once a day. :bigsmile:

And it comes back on later.:embarassed:

So you have to drink it again. :frown:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice (pH 2-3) will not make water more alkaline. Why? Because lemons do not have large freakin' deposits of calcium carbonate in them. Alkalinity is the ability of a liquid to neutralize hydrogen ions. Species that affect alkalinity? Bicarbonate, CO3, PO4, B(OH)4, maybe a few other minor ones.. None of these are going to be present in quantities sufficient enough to change jack, in your glass of water let alone your body (if they were, them lemon wouldn't be...you know...acidic and stuff). All it will do is change the acid content of your urine, because your kidneys will expel the excess.

Also, it will not change your blood pH. Changes in blood pH are, as they say in the medical profession "incompatible with life".

Took the science right out of my mouth
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    This is what I've heard of lemon, adding lemon helps the water to be alkaline, which is great for losing weight.

◾Lemons are antiseptic
    ◾Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems
    ◾Lemon water cleanses and stimulates the liver and kidneys
    ◾Lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium and potassium
    ◾Lemon juice has been known to relieve asthma
    ◾Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C
    ◾Lemon juice is a great skin cleanser

starting every single day with a glass of lovely lemon water, it ignites the metabolism early in the morning, so if you are on a weight loss journey this could be the most important of the lemon water benefits.

And to think I've just been eating at a deficit.

your doing it wrong…

you need to reset and do a 7 day lemon water cleanse to jump start metabolism and get you out of a calorie deficit...

So glad I came back into this thread and saw this advice. Can't wait to jump start my metabolism! Stupid calorie deficit is getting me no where.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't think it helps while losing weight, but it's still better than drinking coke or sugary drinks, I guess.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    starting every single day with a glass of lovely lemon water, it ignites the metabolism early in the morning

Sadly there is no such thing as "igniting the metabolism"...
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I thought alkalinity was the opposite of acidity. Is lemon acid or alkaline? My chemistry course was about 40 years ago! Would it be good to prevent or mend acid reflux?
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If you drink enough of it you pee will have a delightfully fresh bouquet! Which is almost as awesome as it helping you lose weight.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    This is what I've heard of lemon, adding lemon helps the water to be alkaline, which is great for losing weight.

◾Lemons are antiseptic
    ◾Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems
    ◾Lemon water cleanses and stimulates the liver and kidneys
    ◾Lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium and potassium
    ◾Lemon juice has been known to relieve asthma
    ◾Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C
    ◾Lemon juice is a great skin cleanser

starting every single day with a glass of lovely lemon water, it ignites the metabolism early in the morning, so if you are on a weight loss journey this could be the most important of the lemon water benefits.

don't forget lemon water also converts stored fat into muscle.

Thank you! I now know what I have been doing wrong! ::sigh::
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    If you drink enough of it you pee will have a delightfully fresh bouquet! Which is almost as awesome as it helping you lose weight.

I wonder if you drink lemon water then pee outside in -40 degrees F if the steam smells fresh and fruity!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I wonder if you drink lemon water then pee outside in -40 degrees F if the steam smells fresh and fruity!

Its like homemade Febreeze!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    be right back, off to buy some lemons!!!!
    :laugh:
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I put a lemon in my water everyday. I tend to be acidic and it helps with the alkaline. I talked to a dietician for a bladder problem several years ago and she told me this would help, which it has. Most people think lemons are acidic but when your body processes them, they are alkaline. I am not sure about weight loss but they are very beneficial for other things. My brother had trouble getting kidney stones all the time. He started squeezing a lemon in a glass of water each morning and has not had a kidney stone in well over a year.

I did find a website concerning lemons and weightloss: http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/weight-loss/weight-loss-myths-will-drinking-lemon-water-help-you-lose-weight.
  • JennMairi
    JennMairi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No.

I'll tell you what though, hot black tea with a spoon of honey and a dash of lemon do wonders for a sore throat.
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    I don't know about weight loss but I put a wedge in my water everyday just because it makes plain water taste better and I drink more of it. I also use lemon juice on salads instead of dressing because I like how it tastes and I don't waste a ton of calories on dressing. I wish it helped burn fat but I still have to run and lift daily to take care of the fat!