What's Your Idea Size in Jeans or Clothes???

Options

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    All US Sizes --I am my wild easy to maintain size in my maintenance range....at age 55 and 5'8" and 128 pounds, I am happy with my size 6 (NYDJ) and 8(Ralph Lauren/Gloria Vanderbuilt) Jeans. An 8 blouse/blazer fits fine. I do have a couple of a-line skirts that are size 4, but that is just because of my waist size and I think bad manufacturing!.

I like buying clothes that are fitted, not tight, and most 8's are that way with the exception of a few. I do find that if it is a "loose fit" in tops or dresses, in general, a size 6 fits better.
  • Earth2Graceee
    Options
    I'm a size 13 currently... I'd love to be a size 7!! :)
  • louisedavies311
    louisedavies311 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    size 12-14 I am currently an 18
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 18-20 but would like to be a 10-12, know it will take time and perseverance though!
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I started in size 22, I'm currently an 8 and my goal is to be a 4. My life would be perfect if I wore a 4. :)

Wow congrats!!
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Currently UK 18. Would like to be a 10/12. At the moment, I just want to get down to a 16!
  • missdrizz
    missdrizz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Currently an 8 (loose), my goal would be a size 4 again. (Aus sizes.)
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I started at a Plus size 22 or 2X. I have lost 50 pounds in total and I'm currently wearing a regular 14, usually a ladies' Large or sometimes but not often a Medium.

I have 25 more pounds to go. I'm thinking I will end at a size 10 and Medium but in the past few years I have learned to not care what size the clothing is and instead to choose what I like in the way it fits me. If I only get to a 12 or if I end up an 8 I won't care as much as I love the way I look in the clothes I choose.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care about sizes. Any size is different, I still can fit into a 48 IT (16 UK) but also into a 46 (14 UK) and sometimes in a 44 (12 UK). Sizes are just crazy here, I'm happy right now because I can fit in most clothes I can find in the stores, I managed to avoid becoming a "plus" size and I don't have to worry that my size is going to finish for first. This doesn't mean that I can fit anything, but at least brands now realize clothes in my size, and for all of the other plump, not average girls out here.

Also, shirt sizes are even crazier here.
  • lumyrainstar
    Options
    I'm currently a size 30/32 in womens. I'd be glad to be a size 16. That would be half my size now!!! after that I'd take everything step by step
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I would like to stay a UK 8. Some places an 8 is too big for me but only a limited amount of stores seem to sell size 6 and I don't want to be limited for choice!
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    15 years ago I would have answered size 4. After 9 years of marriage and two kids later I will be happy with an 8 and tighter body. Currently a mushy 10. I have learned to love my curves and have realistic goals.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I was a size 14 I'm now a size 6. After a bit more fat loss I think I'm looking at a size 4. Then back to bulk up to a size 6 HOPEFULLY.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    My goal is a 5/6. I have been there before but am currently in 13/14.
  • kiekie33
    Options
    I honesly have no idea. I know for sure I wonna get out of the double digits but once I do I guess i'll stop at what ever looks good on me
  • mrsdean4
    mrsdean4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to be a solid, comfortable medium...around a 10. Able to shop anywhere!
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would love to be at least a 8. In my adult life, I've never been in the single digits.

I'm in the same boat. On a recent shopping trip I unexpectedly fit into a pair of size 10 jeans (after wearing yoga pants exclusively for a couple of years). I'm really looking forward to 8's. Maybe even 6's?!
  • EuroDivas
    EuroDivas Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fabulous that MFP is an international site. With that said, which size do you want? UK, US, Italian, Continental, French as they are all different. For me after having lost some kilos, I now wear 36 pants and 40 top as I have healthy breasts. Also depending on the market the clothes are made for will depend on how big they run. When I order stuff in the U.S. I always go one size smaller as the sizes run larger etc.

it is very hard giving one size as you have to take so much into consideration. My clothes dream would be to be able to find a pair of jeans this year which is not made of stretch material.
  • sphillips7143
    sphillips7143 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    size 6 for me and I am currently wearing a 6:)