What's Your Idea Size in Jeans or Clothes???

Options

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    For a long time it was size 10. When I was at the lower end of my 20-lb "yoyo" range, I fit comfortably in a size 10. This summer I lost more weight and was able to fit into size 8 in a lot of brands and have a few pairs of size 6 shorts and jeans. With vanity sizing and other inconsistencies between styles and brands though, I don't think you can get too hung up on the number.

For reference, I'm 5'7". I think height and bone structure/build (hips, chest, etc.) have a lot to do with one's personal ideal too.
    For me, I was 128-132ish lbs comfortably wearing a size 8 (or sometimes 6). When I wore a 10 I was usually hovering around 139-145ish. I thought about continuing to lose weight after hitting 128 because I still had more of a belly than I would like (disproportionate to my thin arms and legs) but I knew I was thin enough and just need to work on toning and strengthening.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My goal is to fit back into my size 1 jeans.
  • RockandRoseRebel
    RockandRoseRebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of jeans from Hollister when they were on sale for cheap, size 5 long (I'm tall and always have trouble finding lo g enough jeans no matter what size I am). Pretty much I want to fit into those jeans and have a 20% body fat percentage. Of course I also have other arbitrary numbers as my goals but after monitoring my lean body mass, I've realized that I probably won't know what my goal weight is until I reach it just because I gain muscle without even trying (one week I gained 3lbs but lost an inch and a half off of my bust, hips and waist).
  • moonbeam_muffin
    Options
    man I would kill to be a 2 or 0
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Nowadays? I guess a 2, maybe a 4. Hard to tell with the vanity sizing. Ten years ago it was a size six, twenty years ago, an eight.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It is all relative I guess. I would be thrilled to be a 12, and I am pretty sure I will stop losing then. I can't imagine me in a single digit size. I still want to have boobs and a butt.
  • anabet88
    anabet88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5"10 and am currently in a 10-11 but would love to be in 8-9. Usually a medium in shirts, but a small sometimes.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    4 or 6.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    :noway:
    a size 10. currently an 18....man, that sounds like so far to go.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Is badass a size?
  • 1cafeaulait
    1cafeaulait Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Size 6. I've been that size most of my adult life. I'm 5'8" with a small frame. Eventually I'll get back there and fit into my clothes comfortably.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would be very happy with a 12.
  • MsValerieAnne
    MsValerieAnne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It depends on what jeans/pants I have on, etc..

Currently wear 16-20 in jeans (depending on brand/fit, etc) In tops, depending on the top, I wear either a large or 1x.

I'd love to wear between a 12-14 at the moment. Once I reach that goal, if I still feel I need to lose more weight/aren't happy, I'll continue to lose weight until I am at a healthy weight and whatever size that is, I'll be fine with it. In tops, I'd love to wear a medium.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    my closet currently contains 1's, 2's, 4's, 5's, and 7's that all fit IDENTICAL so it doesn't matter the SIZE....I just need to lose the *kitten* dimples and little love handles and I will be thrilled.
  • klmeub
    klmeub Posts: 7
    Options
    Size 6!
  • Fitn50Grandma
    Fitn50Grandma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm at a 12-14 now and am hoping to get back to an 8. Although, a 6 would be really nice. :smile:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

It's doable. I was an 18 in June 2013 and am a 10 now with one more pound to lose. So, OP, my ideal size is a 10.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I think your height should be a factor, to be a size 2 you must not be that tall. Being 5'8" I am not happy being a size 6, I felt I looked healthier in a 7/8.
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The lowest ive been is a 8 and i still had weight to lose so i think somewhere around 4-6 might work for me. we shall see when i get there!