What's Your Idea Size in Jeans or Clothes???

Options

Replies

• FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wanna get back into my size 1 jeans.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    wow I am going to sound really bad compared to ya all, however, I would be happy to be able to walk into almost any store and find something that fits so I would love to be in like a 14/16
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I will never be a 2. Ever. My booty just won't allow it. A size 6 would be nice. Currently a size12??? I haven't bought pants in.....3 years? Lots of skirts though
  • dpeinsip
    Options
    There are so many people saying 2,4, and 6! I'm surprized at that. that seems so tiny! I got into an 8 once, but it was too much work to stay there and everyone kept commenting that I looked sick. I got up to a size 22 and was pushing a 24, so now that I'm in a 16 I'm over the moon. I would like to eventually be in a 12, but as long as i keep losing i'm not worried at how long it takes.
  • mmommymusings
    mmommymusings Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For me it would be probably a 6 but I'd be happy with a size 8 or 10. Right now I wear a 16/18 depending on who makes the jeans:frown:
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    My ideal size jeans is a size 12. Right now I'm wearing a very tight size 14...should be a 16 to be comfortable.
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The highest I've been has been a skin tight size 16. I'm still in a 16 now, but it's no longer skin tight!

My first goal is to get down to a 12. I know I have quite a few pairs of 12's that I stocked up on and then immediately grew out of and never got to wear. Might be nice to actually wear some of them for awhile if they still look good.

My sister is a 7, I think, and she is quite small. So I can't see wanting to be any smaller than an 8, ultimately. I think I'll feel like I"m doing good at 8-10.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Why not buy clothes that fit and look good instead of relying on an arbitrary number that has been inconsistently placed on a label depending on factors that have nothing to do with your best body?
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    When I started I was a size 14 and now I'm a size 12 (size 8-10 dress though). Two years ago when I was doing really well I made it so that I just fit into a size 8 and I knew I wanted to lose more, so ideally I think I would like to be a 4 or a 6.
  • NatalieG525
    NatalieG525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a size 18 (uk sizing), but can fit into some size 16 clothes. Sizing is so different dependent on where you shop. Plus, since having my daughter, my boobs are huge (tmi, I know). So i'd say i'd be happy in a 12 :)
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP with the goal of getting to an 8, and that seemed like a stretch goal. Now I'm fitting into some 0s, 2-4s for sure. It's crazy! I think it's got to be due in large part to vanity sizing. Today's 2 is probably yesterday's 8.

Definitely. I'm 5'9" and 140 lbs. There's NO way I should (properly) be a size 2, or even a 4. And especially not a 0 (hello Gap!). It's totally ridiculous.
  • miladymarathoner
    miladymarathoner Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    For me, (short with a small frame), its hard to pinpoint an ideal size. When at goal weight/body size, I wear a 0 or 00 in most misses brAnds or a 0 in juniors. I find European sizing to be a bit more consistent, and there I would like to be a size 32.

I go by measurements more because its consistent.
  • JasonAxelrod
    JasonAxelrod Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Currently fitting into 38 and 40 men's size jeans. 36's are a bit uncomfortable but liveable and actually look pretty slimming and nice.

I really don't know what my ideal is. Numbers are just numbers. I'm guessing my waistline won't shrink below 30, if I even get THAT low. I don't have a lot of fat on my waistline, but rather my upper body, which is where most of the next 80-100 pounds is going to be coming from.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    There are so many people saying 2,4, and 6! I'm surprized at that. that seems so tiny! I got into an 8 once, but it was too much work to stay there and everyone kept commenting that I looked sick. I got up to a size 22 and was pushing a 24, so now that I'm in a 16 I'm over the moon. I would like to eventually be in a 12, but as long as i keep losing i'm not worried at how long it takes.

I've yet to meet someone in a size 8 that "looks sick". People say that because they are used to seeing you at a particular size. An (American) size 6 or 8 is not tiny.
  • ntinney6228
    Options
    Very true. People around you see you everyday so they will say you are too thin. My family does the same when Im at 125lbs, but 120 lbs is where I am suppose to be. I am 145 and they say I look great lol. I, however, dont feel great. Be your own judge and do what makes you happy. ;) Stay healthy
  • tizzy1973
    tizzy1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    An Australian size 10 to 12. currently a regular size 16.... not sure what that is US..
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    8-12
  • I'm 3 I love it. I wanna stay at 3. Started at 16.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    7/8 although I am happy at 10. I went right from kids' sizes to a 7/8 so I've never been any of the in-between sizes and don't think I should. I also think as women get older, the skinniest ones tend to look older in the face so now that I'm 40+ I'll deal with some booty fat to get some face fat padding. When I was a size 8, I knew I did not want to lose more.
  • vrase28
    vrase28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in the single digits!!!