What's Your Idea Size in Jeans or Clothes???

Options

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I'd be pleased to be a 10/12. I'm just fitting my larger size 14s at the moment. Given my frame I don't think I'll make a 10 again. That was my size at 16, 16 etc. Before 3 kids. And I was a tad underweight then. A size medium would be lovely.
  • TripZeros
    TripZeros Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My ideal would be a size 6 and M tops.
    I currently wear a size 8 and am in M-L tops. I'm 5'7" and medium build, so I feel like that would be the most suitable for my body type. I started out in a size 15 and wearing XL tops.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The smallest I remember being was a 16. I'm at a 24 now. I'm sure when I reach my long term goal weight, I'll be smaller than a 16, but for now, that will work. :)
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    sz 8/9
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Jeans -- probably a 10. I was a 10 in high school when I was in the best shape of my life, I don't know if I could get much smaller.

Clothes -- L in tops (same reason as above ^), 10 in skirts, 10/12 in dresses.

Edit:: My grad dress was a 12, would love to fit that again!

Currently an 18/20/2X/3X in dresses/tops, a 16 in pants....but I mostly wear maternity pants (my son is 3, sigh!!) still, since my body is weird. Legs and butt are relatively small, hips and stomach are wide. So a goal would be to wear normal jeans again and have them actually fit properly!!
  • dpeinsip
    Options
    I've yet to meet someone in a size 8 that "looks sick". People say that because they are used to seeing you at a particular size. An (American) size 6 or 8 is not tiny.

You're right. A size six isn't "tiny", but it is pretty small. My teenage daughter wears a 7 and she is small. I think someone who is a size 2 or even a 4 is tiny. As for me, my grandmother asked if I had "the Aids" when I was in an 8. I'm fairly tall and I do not have a small frame. I'm definately not "big boned", but I am not meant to be a size six. I'm not sure my hip bones would allow for that. My whole point was that it seemed like everyone was wanting to be super skinny. I don't . I'd like to be thin and look healthy, not skinny and like I've missed too many meals.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am now wearing 29 size pants. When I started my weight loss I was in size 38. All my clothes now are M size from X-L. It was a complete wardrobe change, but you know what? This is an awesome problem to have.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my hips will never allow me to be below a size 8, but since I started at a very tight size 20 and am currently at a 14, size 8 seems like a good place to be. :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I've yet to meet someone in a size 8 that "looks sick". People say that because they are used to seeing you at a particular size. An (American) size 6 or 8 is not tiny.

You're right. A size six isn't "tiny", but it is pretty small. My teenage daughter wears a 7 and she is small. I think someone who is a size 2 or even a 4 is tiny. As for me, my grandmother asked if I had "the Aids" when I was in an 8. I'm fairly tall and I do not have a small frame. I'm definately not "big boned", but I am not meant to be a size six. I'm not sure my hip bones would allow for that. My whole point was that it seemed like everyone was wanting to be super skinny. I don't . I'd like to be thin and look healthy, not skinny and like I've missed too many meals.

I understand your point. I got that when I was a 7 as well. I think a lot of it depends on frame. I am just big: size 10 shoes, size 7 1/4 cowboy hat, can't touch thumbs around wrists, etc.

Sometimes when I see someone who is a 00, 0 or 2, my first thought is: "Can I bench press her or would I have to back squat her?" :laugh: I have 125 pounds just of lean mass and I am 5'5" so I won't be that small without losing muscle, too.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It's not so much what size I want, as what size I'm likely to be considering my goal weight/size/look. Probably a size 30-32 jeans/slacks.

Right now I can fit in old, non-vanity sized 36s, which probably means I'm in today's 34s at most retailers.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Id really like to get back into my 5s
  • alterone1982
    alterone1982 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11". A few years ago when I was at 180 pounds, I felt pretty like I looked pretty darn good in a size 14. I'd be satisfied with that again but a 12 would be ideal for me.
  • Amiwil
    Amiwil Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't care as long as I look awesome.

Agreed! My mom does have some size 8 clothes that I'd love to take though! Lmao!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I used to think I had to be a certain size, but I don't care anymore. I'd just prefer to lose my giant gut and have my butt look good in a pair of jeans. If I wear a size 10 or a size 0, it doesn't really matter to me.

That being said, it would be nice to fit into a pair of single digit pants for the first time in many years.
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I just put on weight last semester (GRAD SCHOOL IS SO STRESSFUL) so I'd really like to fit all my pants again. So I want to be a size 4 again (from a size 6). A size 2 would rock, but then I'd have to buy all new pants...
  • Kiayaxo
    Kiayaxo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I find that one size 8 gal can look a lot different to another size 8 gal. For my body I recon a solid uk 10 would be good, right now I'm at the upper limits of a 10. But since I'm so tall it's difficult to get anything to fit!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 29 inch waist (wear anywhere between a tight 6-7 to a comfortable 8). Would like to get down to a size 5 US, so I'd like to lose 2-3 more inches around my waist at least. Started out wearing a 13 US.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    When I was at my skinniest ("skinny-fat," as I'd lost a bunch of weight due to illness; I didn't look or feel healthy, though I wasn't excessively thin according to the charts) I was wearing anything from 4-8. Now I'm wearing anything from 8-14...which is a long way of saying women's sizing is all over the map and probably not a great way to measure. That said, I'd like to lose enough to fit into a couple of my favorite cocktail dresses again...which aren't the same size on the label even though they were bought at the same time from the same store!
  • Focusisfab
    Options
    I am a size 6 and would LOVE to be a size 2 again.
  • mecaseyrn
    mecaseyrn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would be acceptable of a size 10, maybe size 8 at my goal. Going from a 16 to an 8 sounds like so far to go!