Goal: 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• KNK1988
    KNK1988 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started! Today was day 3 of Level 1!! I am also excited to stick with it for the month and see what I can do. I noticed that my arm and core strength is horrible. I can't do regular push ups, and can't do too many of the modified ones either, also the last section of strength training with the side lunges and arms KILL me i have to put the weights down half way through and just do the side lunge.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    some of us are doing the shred.. feel free to join us.. its a great group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability

I'm in ^^ this group! I'm doing Level 1 Day 5 tomorrow. Days 2 & 3 kicked my butt, Day 4 was much better. :happy:
  • whetmyappetite
    Options
    I just started the 30DS today! I've been thinking about it for ages but my trainer has now gone out of town for almost a month and I think I need something to keep me motivated every single day. I will also be doing classes at my gym (muscle conditioning circuits, yoga core strength) and some straight cardio (I can only run about 30 minutes on the treadmill at a time at about 5-5.5mph) as well so I can't wait to see the results! Good luck!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    like ronda said join us.. its a great group. i just finished level 1 day 7.. im down 3.4 pounds.

28 pounds to goal..
  • amandamayle
    Options
    I started my Level 1 day 1 yesterday, and plan to do day 2 today! Hoping I will keep enough motivation to continue on!
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 3 today. Those push ups are hard! I think it's getting a bit easier though!
  • mandalynn1986
    mandalynn1986 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 1 complete. Anyone else pretend they are punching Jillian when its time for the punches.... or is that just me? Lol
  • snowflakeln99
    snowflakeln99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level 1 as well today. I think I typically imagine myself being fat & how much I hate it & so I punch my frustrations out then. Happy to have found a group that is on the same shred days as myself. This will make it more fun!
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hey guys so I did day 3 level 1 today of 30ds along with ri30 and I thought only I imagine punching her
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am geared up and ready for day 2! I plan to continuously alternate the levels. So Il be doing this program 6 days a week alternating with level 1-3.
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 2 done!
  • amandamayle
    Options
    L1 D2 done yesterday, will be completing D3 tonight!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Way to go everyone!

I am on Level 3 Day 6 right now and it is feeling really great! I can see myself toning up!

Keep up the good work!!
  • ajnolan42
    ajnolan42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've started 30 DS before and about a week in I always quit. I am starting again tonight and going to finally finish it! I'm wondering if just doing 30 DS as my workout will be enough though. I only have about ten more pounds to lose...any opinions?
  • amandamayle
    Options
    I can't honestly say. I'm a big cardio junkie. So I still go to the gym 3-4x a week and do some cardio and I also so shoulder press, chest press, leg press etc. But even though I am only 2 days in I can clearly see some new definition in my arms in spots there was none before. I've heard that the 30 DS is not really good when it comes to helping you lose weight. Some people do obviously, but you lose more inches and get definition in your muscles i.e. "tone up"
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of level 1 over 10 days. I wanted to do it for 30 days straight, but time hasn't cooperated. I don't know that I can SEE any difference, but I can now do the whole workout without resting and, most obvious to me, I can use weights for all of those miserable straight lifts with side lunges! My goal is to be able to use 5lb weights for them instead of 3lb. (I use 5lb weights for the rest of the workout.) It's nice to see a group of folks determined to finish!

I'm doing this in addition to my 10,000 steps that includes at least 30 minutes of vigerous exercise as determined by my Fitbit.
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 Done. May take a rest day tomorrow.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just started today... I'm like a lot of you, I have started a few times before but have never got past the first 10 days! From others posts, and my own results.... Definitely defines and helps you lose inches. I am determined to do it this time!!! Good luck and thanks to everyone for the motivation!!!
  • amandamayle
    Options
    I hate those lunges!!! Those are by far the worst. By the time I get there I just want to throw the weights at her face, and then pray that she says "ok and just two more".