Last physical CD you ever bought.

Options
The_Enginerd
The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
As I was burning some stuff to CD so I could listen to it in my car for a road trip (thank you manufacturers for integrating the radio into the dash so much that it's pain to upgrade now without it looking hokey), it got me thinking, it's been a long, long time since I ever bought a physical album. All digital since then.

Mine was Offspring - Splinter, back in 2003.

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    omggg I don't even remember. Probably an OLP cd.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Forever!! I bought my friend an Imagine Dragons CD as a gift. He's one of the few people I know that still buys them. Other than that it was in the early 2000s. I actually don't recall what it was....
  • Sexier_than_wonderwoman
    Options
    Metallica Greatest hits and Journey Greatest hits! Bought at same time about a year or so ago. I play it in the office sometimes and for some reason burned cd's don't play on office computer
  • byustrongman
    byustrongman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yeezus.

Wasn't worth it.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think it was a Bon Jovi Greatest hits for my husband, that would have been at least 7 years ago. Now it's just digital but I miss the physical copies. I think I discover more songs I enjoy when I buy CDs. Remember the bonus tracks that would come on after the last song? Those were usually pretty dang awesome.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Considering CD > Digital, in terms of quality, I still buy CDs more regularly than I download the digital copies.

MP3 and any other type of compression (short of FLAC) sounds like crap.

My budget doesn't allow a lot of musical purchases though, so the last album I bought was last year: Dan Mangan ~ Nice, Nice, Very Nice.

I intend on purchasing Vinyl records and more CDs in the near future.

Edit: That all being said, I still download music to discover new music. See if there's anything I like. If i like it, I buy a physical disc.
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Lustre by Ed Harcourt. I found it the other day, still wrapped as I got a download version with it when I bought it. It was pointless buying it really (the music's great though)!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I still buy cds. They are very cheap on Amazon and I like to listen to them in my car, which is just old enough not to have mp3 connectivity. Works for me. I do have digital music too, but sometimes it's fun to have cds around...the last one I bought was Lady Gaga "Artpop" or a British ska compilation (both in Dec 2013)...I think I ordered them both in the same day.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Scars On Broadway
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Kings of Leon - Only By The Night

http://youtu.be/EZyGWg0uqkw
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    I still buy them, although most now are for my cardio classes I instruct. Downloaded music can't be adjusted for tempo whereas I CD's can (by pitch control). Last one I bought was about 3 months ago.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    It was either Staind - Dysfunction or System of a Down's self-titled first album....(Sugahhhhhhhh!!!) \m/
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    In This Moment : Blood
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    NOFX - Live in a Dive
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it was 3 years ago in Austin. I was completely snockerd out of my mind and bought a CD from a hip/hop artist I met on the street. At the time he was the most amazing human being I had met in my life and I just had to support him.

I have no idea what happened to that CD.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Tool - 10,000 days a couple of weeks ago
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I actually just Ebayed a CD - Opeth - Blackwater Park Limited Edition 2001 (2 disc with extra songs you can't buy on iTunes or anything, one of them being my favorite!)

\m/\m/
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago.

Lightning Bolt - Pearl Jam