What to drink besides water?

Options

Replies

• Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk and loads of green tea. I want to try making "hot cocoa" using the almond milk and a tablespoon of cocoa powder but I don't have a small pot to do that
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    The only things I ever drink: water, water w/ mio, Glaceau Fruit Water, wine, tea, coffee, smoothies, protein shakes. Occasionally i'll drink V8 Splash 50/50 with water (to reduce the calories and make it not as sweet).
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    WHISKEY!
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    WHISKEY!

YEP
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Add fresh fruit to your water for a different taste....lemon, lime, cucumber, strawberry, raspberry etc. I actually prefer plain cold water but I also drink chocolate milk a few times a week, great source of protein.
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like Fruit20 water, Ice Botanical Waters and Water with a crushed ice and a splash of Mio water flavor enhancer. Not sure about the sweeteners,but these help me to feel like I am drinking something other than water.
  • cclarocque
    Options
    Great idea!!! I do seltzer and I do iced herbal teas separately but never thought to combine.
  • fitcrystal1121
    fitcrystal1121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't know if these have artificial sweeteners,but i like to use the crystal light packs in my water every once in a while they have like 5 calories and they have lemonade pink lemonade green tea and fruit punch and a couple other flavors...But my fave thing to do because i know water can get bland is add fruit or mint to my water...Here is a couple of ideas how to infuse your water ..Letting them sit overnight in the fridge makes the flavor even better!

♥ orange + lemon + lime

♥ lemon + raspberry + mint

♥ lemon + cucumber + mint

♥ blackberry + cherry + lime
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    milk.
  • ditzie2009
    ditzie2009 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I can't stand water - so tend to drink sugar free squash!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    WHISKEY!

i knew you would beat me to this!!!
  • lilredhead314
    lilredhead314 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Seltzer! Also, if you are a juice/soda drinker you can mix a little bit of juice (2 tbsp - 1/4 cup) with seltzer!
  • christinamariex
    christinamariex Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink Club Soda and squeeze fresh lemon and lime juice into it. You can also get lemon lime flavored selzer if you like. It makes you feel like you're drinking soda.

Also, check out this company - Flavored Green Tea extracts that you can add to water or club soda, no calories, no artificial ingredients, no carbs, etc. Delicious and great for the body - better immune system, more energy, etc.

PureInventions.Com

:)
  • eharmon27
    eharmon27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found a product called Steaz, it's a sparkling flavored green tea sweetened with stevia. 0 calories in a 12 oz. can. I purchased it in 6 packs, it's packaged in a cardbord box vs. those plastic rings that normally hold 6 paks together. It was $3/ 6 pak. Good luck!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    H2O with lemon only except one night on the weekend I drink 4-6 Coors light. A must will not give them up.
  • alouts
    alouts Posts: 3
    Options
    I'd second/third/whatever the seltzer suggestion - unflavored fizzy water, bottle of key lime juice, add just a tablespoon or so of juice to the bottle of water, and it totally satisfies a craving for something with extra flavor and texture.

Even better would be to look into getting a SodaStream to make the fizzy water yourself. Doesn't save a ton of money, but with that and a decent sized bottle of lime juice (which keeps pretty much forever in the fridge since it's so acidic), it eliminates the need to be constantly going to the store for fresh fruit or bottled soda water.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    coffee
    tea
    flavoured vitamin waters (not sure if they are sweetened or not but I buy them for my dad he was sick recently)

I drink my coffee black with no sugar and it is still 9 cals so i log it

I have to correct that - I was looking at something else 2 cups of coffee is 5 cals
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    H2O with lemon only except one night on the weekend I drink 4-6 Coors light. A must will not give them up.

Coors light? That's like sex in a canoe... fcuking close to water!
  • FitForFunKanata
    FitForFunKanata Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I usually squeeze 1/2 a lemon into my water. Not a fan of sweetener loaded drinks either.
  • bpatterson888
    Options
    I'm not a big water drinker either but don't want to "waste" my calories too. The number 1 thing that has helped me drink more water is to purchase a Contigo water bottle. It has a convenient straw, it holds a ton, and it's sitting right next to me on my desk so I see it often and after a while I started reaching for it without even thinking about it. Obviously you don't have to purchase that exact brand but something like that might help you if you don't already have one. If I'm not reaching for it often enough I will add a packet of lemon juice (or you could use fresh lemon if you have some lying around) to provide just enough zing that I unconsciously crave more and before I know it my bottle is empty.