should eating poorly be used as an excuse not to exercise?

2»

Replies

• broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    NO!!! Having said that, I do understand why that would enter your mind. It does with me all the time, but I just push through and then I feel better that I did it!!
  • GetFitForAJ
    GetFitForAJ Posts: 22 Member
    Being lazy on your diet should not compel you to be lazy in general.

Rigger

This made me laugh but so true.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    It depends what you mean by 'eating poorly' and why you are exercising.
    If eating poorly is eating too much - absolutely not, the opposite. I was about spot on my calories, but after my run I only had some milk to hand, so I drank that instead. I'm hoping to spend a bit of time on the punch bad later.
    If you've given your body fuel, then burn it and increase your health.

If you're only exercising to lose weight while you've not eaten enough, then sure don't bother - you're already at a deficit - go make it up the intended deficit.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    This doesn't make any sense.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    no.

i cherish my taco bell/heavy squat nights. (though im not sure anyone else at the gym does)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    i would think it would be the complete oppsite.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    No. Burn that crap back out.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Lets say I didn't eat well today should that stop me from exercising tonight? I used this excuse often, feel like I will never get started back up! Help me....

Does eating badly give you IBS like symptoms? If it does, then that's a good reason not to work out.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    One has nothing to do with the other...nutrition and fitness are two completely different things that happen to work together in concert to make you a better and healthier you. Having a crappy nutrition day has no bearing on whether you should exercise...actually, maybe it does...maybe it makes that exercise that much more important. You can't out exercise a bad diet, but I guess you could mitigate damage.

QFT
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    I forgot to charge my phone. Only option now is to throw it against a wall...then drive over it with my truck.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    If anything, eating poorly motivates me to exercise harder. :S