what do you guys think of just eating fruits and salads?

Options
i want to do this but what do you guys think?

...ohh and i work in a restaurant so it will be challenge

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to add proteins and fat to those salads? If not then it sounds unsustainable to me.
  • chocorunner122
    Options
    Its too restrictive, you will always be craving the foods that your "not allowing" yourself to eat. Its a total fad diet, don't do it... its unsustainable.
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think I would die or would want to kill myself.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I think I would be absolutely miserable. Unless the salad was covered in bacon and chicken you can hold the lettuce. Is there an ice cream salad or something too?

526930_682453501783127_1100416009_n.jpg
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's a really restricted regime- why do you think it's a good idea?
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    lol
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    just no.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I think its a terrible idea.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Why? What about the protein? Do you think you can do that for the rest of your life? If the answer is "no", then find a plan that you can stick with for the rest of your life!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm ice-cream salad:

fruitsalad.jpg
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Even as a vegan that doesnt sound good at all. Who wants to live off salad?
  • iAmErikaP
    iAmErikaP Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Why not eat a well balanced diet and just make a point to incorporate fruit and salads daily instead of making it all you eat? I love eating fruit as a snack and salad for lunch but I wouldn't enjoy it all day every day.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to add proteins and fat to those salads? If not then it sounds unsustainable to me.

^What she said. Protein is one of the most important macros, every macro can be converted into energy but only protein can be used to repair muscle. A higher protein diet while eating a deficit will help you retain more muscle mass while losing weight, thus most of your losses will be from fat and you will achieve a leaner physique. Fats are also important because they do a number of things, they regulate your hormones and also help lubricate your joints.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a bad day in the bathroom.......Don't be foolish.
  • JennaHW
    JennaHW Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's not healthy if you don't add protein to it. I tried it in 2011 and lost all my muscles. Used to be able to lift 50 60 lbs without a problem. After I tried being vegetarian, now I can only lift about 20-25 lbs. You'd have to work your way back up.

Sometimes, you get cravings for burgers and it's really hard to eat all fruits and vegetables in the middle of the night to satisfy cravings. Then theres the desire for greasy food like cheesy fries with bacon, which would just throw you off. I ate a lot of cheesy fries. The cheese will make you gain weight.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to be rude, but this is a terrible idea. Go here to get started on the right way to go about it...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I think you would seriously be lacking in other nutrients. Protein...are you adding meat and cheeses to these salads? Dietary fat is also essential and about 20-30% of your calories should come from dietary fat....so I'll assume you're going to use a lot of full fat dressings and use plenty of avocado and nuts right? Make sure you're getting your B-12 and adequate iron as well...don't want to go all anemic on us now...

There's more to proper nutrition than just your fruits and veggies...much more. Not to mention, I couldn't imagine how utterly miserable life would be just eating salad all of the time.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Depends on what is in the salad. I prepare killer salads that include some fish or poultry, so I can live off that forever.

Edit: I never crave burgers, ribs, etc. YECH!
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    1) you would have to live on salad and fruits only, for the rest of your life. If you can not then any weight loss would temporary.
    2) If the diet is temporary then you could fall into the trap of yo-yo dieting.

Better to add your salad to your dinner meal and not eat french fries.
    Better to have salad or veggies at lunch. have small helping of grilled chicken with salad
    Better to add fruit as a snack instead of chips.
    Better to add fruit as a desert with some whip cream.
  • hnspratta
    hnspratta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't restrain yourself so much for both emotional and nutritional reasons. Youlll be more likely to become frustrated at such restrictive measures and it will be nearly impossible to satisfy your nutritional needs.