Another protein thread

I'm also having trouble with my protein goals. I saw in the other thread people were talking about 1g/1lb fat (or similar ratios). MFP has my protein set to 66 and my carbs set to 164. I assume that's grams, but maybe I'm missing something. Assuming that MFP is tracking by the gram, I'm having a hard time meeting even the 66. I like red meat and dairy products, but rarely eat chicken, and I can't stand having -just- eggs. I like my eggs baked into carbs, which is not helpful to me.

What do you all suggest for me?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    66 is low too... you should have more.

Protein powder is a nice addition to yogurts or oatmeal. Or if you like sweet food, protein bars are great.

Otherwise - meat, fish, shrimp, cheese, Greek yogurt, beans... Chicken is really the best though. Is there any reason you don't eat it? It's cheap too.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    I've added in protein powder for the days I do heavy activity. I've been trying to add in more beans, and I eat yogurt and other dairy products pretty frequently. I just don't care for chicken, and I can't stand sea food. I eat chicken on occasion, but I can't imagine eating it every day.
  • DamianaKitten
    Also, is there a way to reset what MFP has listed for what my goals should be? I feel like I should be swapping the carb number for the protein number.
  • lynleeg88
    lynleeg88 Posts: 104 Member
    Also, is there a way to reset what MFP has listed for what my goals should be? I feel like I should be swapping the carb number for the protein number.

There is a way, but now I can't recall how
  • Go to MY HOME and select GOALS. It will give you the option to manually set goals.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    If you are doing at least moderate exercise, you should probably be eating a lot more protein. I know for men the recommendation is 1g of protein for every pound you weigh, not sure if it's slightly lower for women.

A high quality whey protein mix is a good way to raise your protein intake. You not enjoying poultry and seafood definitely hinders your ability to get enough protein. I guess do a good mix of lean beef/pork as your protein options. How about non-meat sources of protein? Tofu or tempeh might work alright for your needs. Don't overdo it on the soy stuff though.
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    try quest bar 20 gram protein 170 kcal
  • DamianaKitten
    Thank you. I went ahead and modified my macros a bit. Now I'm just left figuring out how to get even more protein into my diet. <_<