40 years and over

Options

Replies

• sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 52 and still have a ways to go yet, feel free to add me.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    42 here, and last week someone posted a link to a group that's just getting going... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18961-40-is-the-new-20

And I always welcome new friends! I'm especially interested in healthy cooking on a budget for a family.
  • kimmerd37
    kimmerd37 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and been on mfp for about 3 weeks now. Anyone feel free to add me. I am on everyday a couple of times.
  • JesterJoe
    Options
    I have been on my journey for a little over a year now. The daily challenges with food choices and exercise is constant. Maybe that is what we take away from this? As long as there are daily challenges, there are daily choices. Where there are choices, there is the potential for progress. When you no longer have the struggle, you have chosen to give up.

Feel free to join my journey, everyone, and we can share our struggles together.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 years old. You can add me if you like!
  • wendimarr
    wendimarr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 41 and hoping to lose around 35 lbs . I am new to MFP so would to have friends to support , motivate and blether with xx

wendi xx
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 exactly 5 months from today. :drinker:
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'll be 49 Monday. I'm 3 weeks in and loving it so far. Any and all are free to add me!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I am 55 (54 when I started) and didn't find it hard at all. Discipline and self control come with age.
  • 1exercisefreak
    1exercisefreak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi.I am 41 yrs old.......would love to be your friend:flowerforyou:
  • tifosocalcio
    tifosocalcio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 50, and have lost about 70 pounds over the last year and-a-half, mainly through a change in diet, but also with added exercise. It can be done, you just need to be disciplined and motivated. But the payoff is worth it; I feel better than I have in decades.
  • kariokey30
    kariokey30 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends & motivation from all ages. I'm a 36 yr old mother of an almost 3 yr old with 65lbs. to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • BJSwart
    BJSwart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    44 here and I am ready to go! Would like to drop 80 pounds and have lost 16 so far. Feel free to add me as a friend, the more support the better!
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 39 and would like to try and be closer to my goal weight before I turn 40..... I've been at it fir 12 months, lost 13 kegs and have put back on 5 kg so now have about 35kgs to lose and yes....I find it difficult to lose and keep off the weight. Feel free to add me.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am 44 and not only am I perimenopause but I have thyroid disease so that is making it so much harder to lose weight, I am determined though so I keep on doing what I can to stay healthy and lose a little weight!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    IDK why alot of people think it's harder to lose weight when older, it's the same concept calorie deficit and you lose, no harder than it is for the younger people!
  • absinthia70
    absinthia70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, and on every day - feel free to add me!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some 40-years and older crowd to keep in contact with, share goals, motivate, etc. I know that losing weight after 40 is much more difficult than when we were younger and I would love to get some inside ideas that may help speed it up a little bit! :wink:

I'm 48. It's no harder now than at any other time in your life. It's the exact same process. So, get that crap out of your head. And, get to it.

QFT