40 years and over

Options

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and always looking for friends... I have at least another 50 that I want to lose
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and have about 20 left to lose. I've gotten rid of almost 60 already.
  • kazzy175
    kazzy175 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    41 years old, UK. On this road AGAIN; it so familiar!!!
  • PeaceVegan
    PeaceVegan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 this year ... does that count?? LOL! I need to lose 100+ myself. Feel free to add me :)
  • BigSnicka
    BigSnicka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    42 years young here! Feel free to add!
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 45. Feel free to add me!
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    45 here!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    46 years old here. I have 80 lbs to lose as my goal. I love to comment, motivate people and share NSV's and cheer friends with their accomplishments and motivations. Anyone, feel free to add me!

I'm a beginner as a Beachbody Coach, and I am on my 3rd week of doing the T25. I absolutely love it!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Almost 43, and 16 pounds to go to hit my ultimate goal weight, would like to get there before my 25th high school reunion in October!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some 40-years and older crowd to keep in contact with, share goals, motivate, etc. I know that losing weight after 40 is much more difficult than when we were younger and I would love to get some inside ideas that may help speed it up a little bit! :wink:

IME its not 'much more difficult'. I'm 41 and have lost 90lbs since end of Mar-13 by counting calories and exercising most days. I'm losing steadily and without feeling like I'm depriving myself (I have chocolate most days!) or being hungry. I think the perceived increased difficulty is that many of us are more sedentary than we were in our 20's when there was always something to be on the go for. Now its spend the working day sat at a computer and too tired in an evening to think about going out dancing the night away! I've made a contius effort to move more in my daily life as well as exercising (eg use the stairs, walk to see someone onot phone them etc.). It sometimes feels slow going but the weight is coming off quicker than it went on which will do for me if at the end of this I can keep the weight off having made lifestyle changes that are sustainable.

Good luck in your weight loss :)
  • catwg
    catwg Posts: 9
    Options
    Love your pic, OP.
    <
    This is my guy.

ETA: At 39 1/2, I think I'm the healthiest I've been since I was a kid in terms of eating habits and exercise. The trick now is maintaining the motivation to stay that way. Feeling strong and healthy is a pretty good reward, though.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    IDK why alot of people think it's harder to lose weight when older, it's the same concept calorie deficit and you lose, no harder than it is for the younger people!

Honestly, I think it's more breaking habits and food preferences. Glasses of wine at night, chocolate, butter on rice, things that people get used to are more difficult after 40 years of conditioning. Plus, their TDEE is much lower than when they were 20. So, combine the preferences and habits, lower TDEE, and maybe sprinkle some health issues as a result if many years of neglect and inactivity, and there you have the "it's so much harder" issue. But, you're right, it's not actually harder. Eat at a deficit, and bam, results city.

Eat less, move more. Simple.

Yep and the reason their TDEE is so much lower is due to inactivity....plus the health issues are mainly to do poor diet/being overweight and again inactivity!
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    I'm 41 and have lost 30 pounds so far with about 15 to go.

I believe in the "no excuses" mindset (hence my username) and agree that NOTHING will stand in the way of your goals if you have that mindset. Not age, not health - nothing. In my own journey, I have overcome HUGE obstacles to get where I am . Diagnosed with fibromyalgia 8 years ago and in constant pain (SEVERE pain). When I decided enough was enough, I could barely make it up a flight of stairs. Fast forward 10 months (started in March 2013) - I have exercised daily and completely changed my diet (vegan now). I haven't had a SINGLE SYMPTOM since March. No pain, no medications - fibromyalgia is just GONE. I am extremely active now, hike regularly and snowshoe in the winter. I've even hiked to the summit of 2 13,000 foot mountains.

So you can see why I say there are NO EXCUSES. If you want it, go get it. Don't let anything stand in your way. Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right. :smile:

Best of luck in your journey!
  • livehealthier1
    livehealthier1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and you can add me. I have lost 80lbs in 14 months and still would like to lose 20-30 more. It is more difficult but not impossible. I thought things change after 40 but thats just not true. If you eat the right foods along with exercise you will see results.
    I was not in a rush but have always done between 1200-1600 cal per day from the beginning. I wanted to lose slow so its stays off.
    Be patient you will get there.
  • jenzollner
    Options
    Hello - I just turned 40 last Tuesday :) I need to lose at least 75 b! Yesterday I joined a gym and today I'm meeting the trainer to go everything and to take my measurements. I would love to use the trainer to begin with but don't know if I will.

Add me as a friend as I really could use the support as well!

Jenny
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm 48. I can't believe how slow my metabolism has gotten over the past few years. I'm not eating much but having a hard time losing weight. I have 25 lbs to lose.. Time to get serious!
  • magikalmonkey
    magikalmonkey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 48 and she to some major surgeries was on restrictions for over a year. I found myself going from a size 4 to size 10/12 which drove me to depression. I've lost about 10 pounds now although it's not reflected here due to when I decided to start using this again. Would love some support from people my age and will give back 100% the same! Brightest blessings!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in March and I'm the strongest and fittest I've ever been.