Job interview tips

Options
2»

Replies

• lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    remember it's a 2-way process. Is this the right company for you? What is the culture like, how do they manage, what is the team environment like?

good question to ask if it's not a new position - thinking back to someone who really shone in this role, what did they do which made them stand out?
    What are the priorities for the person in this role in the first 3/6 months?
    How will you know if the person in this role is succeeding/exceeding expectations in 3/6/12 months?

Be yourself though, if not you and the company will be miserable if the fit isn't right.

Listen as well as talk.

Show don't tell - by which I mean use examples of things you have done/achieved/managed/led etc to tell a story illustrating the point they are asking, rather than 'I would do x'.

Hope you have fun!
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    better than a thank you note (or just a thank you note) is something which re-affirms your interest in the position and role, and hopefully adds a point of clarification if you forgot something you really wanted to mention. Passion shows!
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If they didn't think you could do the job you wouldn't have the interview. The interview is to confirm / reject the belief you can do the job, to see if you 'fit' as has already been mentioned and to see if you actually want it. I've turned down a candidate after the "why do you want to work here?" question.

Make the interview a conversation, if you don't know quite what's being asked then search out what they want with a few questions of your own - that says a lot of positive things about a candidate, lets face it you're not expected to be perfect on the first day! Don't be afraid to say if something's likely to be a challenge but that can be a good thing if you show you want to step up to it. Show motivation, desire and a willingness to work and you're half way there!
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    You guys are awesome!! Thanks so much for the comments.

I posted 3 possible outfits on my profile (2 pics of each outfit) and want to know what you guys think is best. For the skirt I'm definitly going to wear black pantyhose, just too lazy for the pics. Sorry I'm on my cell phone so I couldn't post here.
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like 2 and 3.
  • arwacky
    Options
    I'm gonna go with 3 because its not as low cut.
  • arwacky
    Options
    Just got home..think I did the best that I could've and it's all up to them now. I should be finding out *hopefully* next week. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the comments and tips!! They definitely helped!!
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    well done! did you like them? do you want the job? do you think it would be a good fit for you? :)