Over 50 looking for friends to succeed with

Options

Replies

• redbird45
    redbird45 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I joined in October of 2013 and so glad I found this app. I'd love to have some 50+ friends; menopause and health issues make weight loss harder, but not impossible. I've lost almost 70 lbs in about 18 months. I've found it helps me stay on track with the support of others who share the (worth it!) struggle.
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on this journey for just over a year and have lost 79 lbs. I'm 54 with 2 adult children. I log daily.

Feel free to add me :heart:

Sandy
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. I turn 50 later this year and would love more friends in the same phase of life. I'm busily dreading menopause, but otherwise I'm exciting to see where life takes me.
  • sab1157
    sab1157 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and would also like to add friends for support. It's that stubborn 15-20 pounds that I am working to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • luvclay10
    luvclay10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    55 and need to lose 25 that i gained after I quit smoking, it gets tougher and tougher but this site really helps and having like friends for support is the best !
  • jshashaty
    jshashaty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    51 and need to drop about 25. This is so tough and I need support.
  • momofarmymedic
    Options
    I'm 56 and gained about 15 pounds from the late summer through the holidays. We have started our own "Biggest Loser" at work, so that has helped quite a bit. This will be slow and steady weight loss. Have the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels, have been doing that along with an elliptical session. Its difficult.
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 54, 5'1'', post menopausal. I lost nearly 18 lbs in past 7 months.It is hard at this age to lose the stubborn fat,and I feel it is day to day challenge.You can add me. :smile:
  • LisaOgletree
    Options
    Hi, I'll be 52 in a few days. I'm 5'4 and 203. I've been struggling with my weight for the last 7 years. In the last year I've tried several different diets, ie The hormone diet. I walked 2.5 miles 6 days a week for 5 weeks, cut out soda and bread and lost nothing. I had my Dr. do blood work and it all came back great except my cholesterol 20 over. I'm and on call Hospice nurse and work 4 nights a week so sometimes I work and sometimes I don't. I'm post menopausal and dealing with the hot flashes. I started doing Jilliam Michaels Body Rev. 2 weeks ago. I'm now going to the gym and doing elliptical.(started with 15 min and working my way up) I've been eating 1150 c a day and logging everything. As of today I've only lost 1 lb. I'm very frustrated. But, I'm not quitting. Any friends or advice is greatly appreciated.
    When I joined MFP Jan 2012, I lost 12 lbs in 5 weeks. What's the problem now?
  • Katefitin14
    Katefitin14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i am 53 and trying to lose here too, happy to help support you.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    51yo, lost 36lbs in the last year on MFP - started at 232, 196 now. Still have about 45-55 to go. Check out my profile; if you like what you see, add me.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Not quite there, but I'll be 47 in July. I'll send you a friend request... if I can figure out how! lol
  • kcl29
    kcl29 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Kathy and I am 55 and new to MFP as of today. I would love to have friends here in their 50's so please feel free to friend me. Not sure how to do this yet but I'll figure it out.

I have so much in common with so many of you. This is the heaviest I have ever been and I need to lose 60 lbs. I love to cook, and I love to cook healthy, but I eat too much, or I eat mindlessly. I can be a stress eater. I have to stop that!

To say that my life is stressful right now is an understatement. I work full time and have two grown sons. My husband, who is self employed, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December. This year will be the year of our fighting to get him well. There will be chemo and surgery and more chemo. He is also thin, and the doctor wants him to gain some weight. So the house is full of bread and pasta and carbs. Yikes!

I figure that if he can go through all of this to get healthy, I can stay on an eating plan and lose this weight. I'm aiming for 6 lbs. a month. This will be my diversion - what I do for myself this year. As a bonus I'm sure that the added energy I will gain will give me more energy to give to my family. Also, it would be fun to think that by the time he is healthy again I will be hot!

I hope that some of you will friend me!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I turned 50 in December.
    I've been here for awhile.
    I'm always happy for a few new friends.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    We can all always use more friends. I am over 50 and sent you both requests.

I have to say your dog is adorable.
    Have a nice night.
  • nicxenophontos
    nicxenophontos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Nic. I am 58. So many of you have said you felt the weight keep creeping up. For me, however, I can never say I was ever slim or skinny. I was a fat baby, fat bot, fat adult. I have tried to lose weight before and have succeeded and ghained it all back plus more. The difference this time, I feel, is that I challening myself by keeping this log up and increasing exercise. behavior modification it is, but it fels better. I will keep reading your stories and gain more strength through them. Thanks for sharing!
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 but still act like I'm 13 does that count? =8^)
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I'm 55 from the UK. have an open diary and log in daily. Please feel free to add me for mutual support/motivation :smile:
  • saadagio
    saadagio Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am not knew to this Myfitness Pal, but am new to posting and asking for friends to help me through my weight loss journey... My name is Karen, and I just turned 51 back in Dec. My Doctor told me I had to watch my cholesterol and to watch my diet. I have tried Weight Watchers serval times and gained weight, so I gave up on it. I feel I am doing better with myfitnesspal, because I am able to count my calorie intake. So please let me know how to add you so we can keep in touch. Thanks, and have a wonderful Sunday.