hello anyone here need to lose a serious amount of weight?

Options

Replies

• taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I have quite a ways to go myself....I'd like to come down to a healthy 140 lbs and I am currently in the 200s.....

Anyone can feel free to add me for extra support and vice versa!!!!!! :smile:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hello... I've been around about 3 years and lost 75 lbs in roughly 7 months. After some negative circumstances (being sick for 6 weeks) and dealing with asthma I couldn't exercise. When I got through that mess I made some bad choices and gained some weight back.
    I'm 5'7" and started MFP at 385 lbs.
    When the new year started I made a choice to commit to my weight loss goals and I restarted my weight loss goals here on MFP (hence the low weight loss on the banner below).
    I have a long way to go before I can start maintaining, but I'm here for the long haul.
    You can add me if you'd like.
  • Hollabauler
    Hollabauler Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm Katie, and I want to wear a bikini and feel good!
    I was here and then I wasn't. I had lost some weight, then lost my head over some boy.
    Now, I just want to feel amazing and working out and eating clean does that.
    I'm not too worried about the numbers, but I do love looking great in my clothes. :)
  • cow_girl94
    Options
    Hey guys I'm jeni and I'm 235 lbs I want to be at 105 by sept when I go on vacation to Disney I'm 5'2 doe anyone by chance know what clothing size that would put me at? My dream job is to be a Disney princess and the dresses are sizes 2-8 so I have to be in that range c:
  • wonderwoman325
    Options
    I have 100+ lbs to lose, and have been here for almost a month - already lost 3lbs :) I'm always looking for friends with similar goals, male or female, so feel free to add me if you like!

Edit: and that goes for any one else on the site :)
  • mikki629
    Options
    When I started my weight loss journey it was after having my twin boys two years ago. I started at 180 pounds, and with home workouts and eating better I have lost a total of 40 pounds, 30 of those late last year with home workouts with the help and support of a challenge group on facebook. I may not have as much to lose, I would like to lose another 25-30, I am 5'3 and small framed. I have learned a lot through this journey and would love to help motivate and support one another. :)

Sounds so much like me! I'm 5' 3" small frame, currently 155. I was 180 after my son was born. My goal is to at least get back down to my pre-baby weight of 130. 115-120 would be amazing though!
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi all... I know how frustrating it can be... I have serious issue with weight loss due to my gut bacteria being seriously messed up after contracting the flesh eating bacteria and 16 rounds of antibiotics truly messes with my system ability to lose weight. (ok and walk ... another story) but it's getting better.. but my husband has lost 85 lbs to day (so far) and manage to keep it off... of course still has more to go, (pics in my profile) I think I can help. This is NOT a quick cleanse or get thin fast method. It it is lifestyle and it WORKS. He has kept his weight loss off for years. If you want to learn more, please send me a friend request.. I will not harass you, I will just tell you what we have done. I will let you deside. Or you can look at some of my post.. you will not see any ads from me. I just want to help. Thanks
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Me! I started at 263 and I'm down to 232. My goal is 125. I have a hormone disorder so I have a long hard fought battle for every single pound! I want to be healthy and to feel good about myself.
  • maniahum
    maniahum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah. My name is Taylor. I'm a trans guy (any other trans folk on here???) and weight has been a big thing for me. In order to get my top surgery I need to loose weight, which is something that is not optional. Plus I'd just like to be at a healthy weight. I'm 5ft 7 and I'm 267 pounds. A few months ago I was at 280. My biggest thing is my diet but I'm trying to clean it up. I'm also a student though which really blows when you're trying to eat cheap.

Anyway feel free to add me :)
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I want/need to lose about 125-150lbs. starting weight is 335 and current is 323. I don't have any deadline as of now, but I really want it this time. I hope that helps me stick with it. :) feel free to add me
  • kgaylord76
    kgaylord76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started MFP on a couple of occasions and fell off. Well Jan 1st I decided to start again and take time for myself this year. I celebrated 30 days of logging my food, etc and haven't had a regular coke (my downfall) in these 30 days. I started out at 217 and I am down to 204. I have about 69 lbs to go. I would love to have more friends on here. I work out 6 days a week. Add me as a friend if you want!
  • mizzheather14
    mizzheather14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm currently 141lbs, this time last year I was closer to 180lbs. I've been dieting and exercising on and off but I'm really trying to lose about 100lbs now. You can add me if you like. The support for both of us would be great :smile:
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wish everyone on here the best of luck. Losing and keeping it mostly off is not easy... the past 10-20 lbs has been a struggle, but if I can manage then plenty of you guys can as well!
  • Cyndesire
    Cyndesire Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Cyndi, 34. I started at 252. I lost 26 before joining MFP. Down another 8. I am supportive and am logging daily. I am very motivated and try to stay positive. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    To the individual above my first post: 100 lbs down from 180 lbs?? This does not sound healthy.
  • chelleyve
    chelleyve Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me - I'm currently 266 (I think I've converted that right) and an ideal weight would be 166 - although I would be happy at 170-175. I am returning and would appreciate the support and kick up the bum as I think this is where I fell last time! Feel free to add me x
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Welcome =) Right now I only have about 38 lbs to lose, but I have lost a significant amount of weight, feel free to add me =)
  • Xenoblader
    Xenoblader Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well just know I was one of those guys who thought I had a "slow metabolism" and possibly even big boned... It turns out that while I may not have the fastest metabolism around it was clearly good enough and I was simply just overeating like an animal but I also had to weigh that against my love of food and to make sure that didn't go away because there is a difference.

Long story short I decided to go low carb because I knew by my very nature I was an overeater and I had to feel full to lose weight so I dropped from my college weight of 225 all the way down to 145 at one point and I am not hovering around 154. I would like to get back below 150 again but I cheat with too many binges sometimes :P
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I have 100+Lbs that I'm shedding this year. Always willing to support others. Also looking for supportive friends.

Feel free to add me.
  • mamasjourneytofit
    Options
    Im new here.. again :P things change when you don't go on your account for a 6 months!

Anyways!
    I decided i wasnt going to post here unless i was serious and its been about 2 weeks of my regular routine so i think im pretty confident :)

I need support and friends who also need to lose a serious amount of weight also.
    Im 5'10
    started at 294
    and now at 290 :)
    My absolute goal is to get down to 175 before I get married in 2016! :)

Anyone else :)

I started at 273, now fluctuating between 265-268. Getting in shape for my wedding as well! Can always use motivational friends, anyone can feel free to add!