Celery...?

Options
katorihanzo
katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
Hi guys!

I just bought a full thing of celery and used maybe two stalks for a chicken salad (a delicious curried chicken salad I found on here that uses greek yogurt instead of mayo) and I have no idea what else to do with the celery. I'll mix some into tuna but I don't know what to do with it before it goes bad. I don't really like ants on a log, if I did it'd be gone so fast!

thanks for any ideas :)

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Chop it up and freeze it and use it next time you're making a soup stock.
  • kmcguire93
    kmcguire93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you have a juicer, make it into juice - I do 2 stalks celery, 5 apples & 2 oranges - it's a weight loss juice and its good - good luck :)
  • katorihanzo
    Options
    Ah! I didn't know it froze well. That is exactly what I'll do, thanks so much. That was easy!
  • katorihanzo
    Options
    Thanks km. I don't have a juicer unfortunately. I suppose I could make a whole bunch of bloody caesars though, eh? I wouldn't mind that one bit.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Ah! I didn't know it froze well. That is exactly what I'll do, thanks so much. That was easy!

It doesn't freeze well unless you're going to cook it. It won't be good for chicken salad or anything.
  • katorihanzo
    Options

It doesn't freeze well unless you're going to cook it. It won't be good for chicken salad or anything.

Okay! I'll just be sure to cook it. Soup stock or perhaps I can convince my boyfriend to make his spaghetti sauce soon.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    i like Celery in my soups
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    The Cajun cook with it. Almost everything starts with onion, bell pepper and celery. You can start your soup with onion, carrots and celery.

Food Network has a buffalo hummus recipe that is great with celery.
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    you can always use it as a snack.. I like to put cottage cheese in the middle or some peanut butter :)
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mix some of your favorite herbs or spices into plain greek yogurt and use for celery dip. Great snack.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I only use celery for soups and stocks.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    you can always use it as a snack.. I like to put cottage cheese in the middle or some peanut butter :)

The cottage cheese sounds really good. I am going to have to try that.
  • ArtsyBunny
    ArtsyBunny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Celery is great added to pretty much any Asian stir fry. If you like celery you might like celery kinpira. Dice it and add it to salads?

Also if you wrap your celery in a paper towel and put it back in the bag that'll make it last a little longer.
  • RonJr88
    RonJr88 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    top it with natural peanut butter..makes a good snack :smile:
  • MichaelVRenner
    MichaelVRenner Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bloody Mary... Mmmmm.
  • mamasjourneytofit
    Options
    I am a BIG BIG fan of celery with a little bit of peanut butter spread on it, throw on some raisins or some dark chocolate chips. It's a great snack.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    OP said she doesn't like ants on a log, which is celery with PB and raisins.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    What to do with celery: Burn it.

(Celery is my least favorite food on the planet)
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this tomorrow

http://kosherlowcarbliving.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/crispy-baked-celery-fries/

Ingredients:
    2-3 Large stalks of Celery
    2 tbsp Grape Seed Oil or Oil of choice (or more if needed).
    1tsp Sea Salt
    sprinkle of Garlic powder or seasoning of choice (optional)

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 450%
    Grease 9×13 baking dish with some of the oil.

Wash Celery and cut into thin sticks and arrange in dish. Drizzle the remaining oil over the celery sticks and sprinkle with salt and seasoning.

Bake in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until crispy and golden.

I have a snacking fetish though so I try baking all vegetables at least once :happy:
  • mamasjourneytofit
    Options
    OP said she doesn't like ants on a log, which is celery with PB and raisins.

Oops! I never knew the "technical" term for it. My mistake!