need help as husband brings alot of bad food!

Options
Since getting married I've put on weight as my husband is constantly bringing bad food, sweets, chochs, crisps, cakes, you name it ! I always say I wont eat them but i end up eating them! how can i stop myself eating the crap he brings. and yes i've asked him to stop but he doesnt and hes skinny as hell too!!! ufair.

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Since getting married I've put on weight as my husband is constantly bringing bad food, sweets, chochs, crisps, cakes, you name it ! I always say I wont eat them but i end up eating them! how can i stop myself eating the crap he brings. and yes i've asked him to stop but he doesnt and hes skinny as hell too!!! ufair.

I think it is going to be up to you to control yourself and work on some strategies to not go over your calories.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    If my husband brings anything home I throw it out. BAM! Problem solved!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Only you can make the choice on whether or not to put something in your mouth. Buy more healthy food for yourself and stick to that. Maybe as a compromise, ask your husband not to have these trigger foods out in the open. If you don't see it, you won't want to eat it. OR have ONE SERVING SIZE of the foods he bring and ONLY THAT. However, if bingeing is an issue for you, out of sigh and out of mind is the better approach.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    How do you stop eating "the crap"? You make a decision that you will not eat it, and you follow thru. Simple as that.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I still buy some snack for my kids, I just don't eat them. But it doesn't stop them from eating my healthy snacks,lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    how can you stop yourself? just have some willpower. just say no.

i smoked for years. it sucked having to quit. i liked smoking, but i started to like exercise more. so i stopped smoking pretty much cold turkey. ii would slip up and have a cigarette and i'd feel horrible. but little by little my slip ups started being fewer and further between. 'll admit that i still occaisonally cave in and have a social cigarette. i had one last thursday. but my last one before that was two months ago.

so think of it like quitting smoking. you have to take control of your actions and cut it out. go cold turkey or ween yourself off. allow your self a bite of the junk and then leave the room. whatever it takes.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Simpy...do not eat it. He's not forcing you to eat it. You have to make the commitment. Don't blame him, cuz' you ate the junk food or that he brought it home. It's all will power. You can do this. Show him that you don't need it and that you have the will power to refuse.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Ultimately what goes into your mouth is up to you, even if he didn't bring home those items you would have to still make the decision when you go out.

That being said, it sucks that he actually sticks temptation in your face.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My husband often buys snacks for himself and our daughter that I have a hard time resisting. I don't ban them from our home, but I do ask him to keep them off of the counters and out of sight in the pantry. If I don't see them, I'm usually able to resist.

I also make sure to have snacks that I can have readily available, so if they start eating oreos, I have something that I like at the same time.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I just bring it to parties and leave it there.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    My ex would tell me I was too fat then he would bring home gallons of my favorite ice cream and eat it in front of me. I saw it for what it was: his way of controlling my behavior since he knew I was a compulsive overeater. For that and other reasons, I dumped him and the crap went with him (BTW, I'm not advocating this approach for everyone). I am still a COE and at times get out of control but nothing like before. Maybe if you explained it to him that way, he'll stop.

If he doesn't, how about this alternative worked out by me and my son: Give him a cabinet that can be locked and have him lock the crap in it. If it needs to be refrigerated or frozen, small fridges and freezers are obtainable and some can be locked, then have him lock up his junk food. Seriously, this compromise should make everyone happy. :bigsmile:
  • Samquentin1
    Samquentin1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I tell my husband, He HAS to HIDE it. He can eat it, that is fine. But it has to be out of my sight. And I keep the healthier snacks around in view, fruits, yogurt, nuts. I also convince him to get the bad foods I don't like, that he likes. I also let him know, if he doesn't hide or get things I don't like, then I will throw it away, then put soap on top of it, so I'm not tempted.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options

Lol! Don't forget to squirt dishwashing liquid on it so you're not tempted to dig it back out. I've been guilty of that in the past. It used to kill me to know one of the kids put a takeout container in the trash that had a perfectly good enchilada in it. I used to grab the container and go into the bathroom so she didn't know I lied when I said I didn't want her leftovers. Talk about messed up in the head! My other sneaky trick was to tell the kids to put their plates on the counter and I'd scrape the food off when I did the dishes. Then I'd tiptoe into the kitchen and scrape the food off right into my mouth. Ugh. I'm embarrassed to even admit that now.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Queens girls be cray cray
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Queens girls be cray cray

A little bit, yeah. But we're super fun!
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Make him keep it in his man cave. I struggled with that for years and my husband would always say "well, control yourself" and I'd say, I do - I don't buy it. I think for a short while I started jumping on everything he brought in and snarfing it down until it finally registered (but don't do that - it's fattening). I know how hard that struggle is, so good luck!

Although I do like the throw it away idea!
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    I think that if you're feeling good about what you're achieving and you're seeing real positive results, you are more likely to look at the bad food your husband brings home and feel empowered to avoid it.

The next time you tell yourself you won't eat it, the easier it will be the time after that.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Just have to face the facts that he's not the one trying to lose weight and eat better.

I make a full breakfast for my husband while sipping on my protein shake....its tempting, it sucks, but you can't blame him for it. Just keep a lot of healthy snacks around to munch on when you get tempted.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Wow. :noway: