Income Tax Return

Options
124»

Replies

• bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Please explain what this mythical Income Tax Return creature is and how I can catch one?

We pay thousands of dollars to the government every quarter and at the end of the year. The amount we pay in one quarter alone could buy a really nice and loaded car.

I dont know Jennie.. Im not a financial expert. I paid $15430.00 in taxes to the government this year .. that's all i know. lol
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I won't get one because I didn't give the government an interest free loan all year.
    ^This

THANK YOU

I was starting to think I was the only one on here that gets it
    Interest free huh? Due to child credits, education credits, marriage credits, and the like, I'm actually getting back about 5 times what I paid in actual federal withholding tax. I'd say that's plenty of interest. In fact, I'm approaching loan shark territory with my refund, if you want to look at it that way.
  • lupizzle00
    lupizzle00 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fixing my husband's beloved Acura, taking my boys to Disneyland like I have promised them, & booking either a Vegas or San Diego vacation for my anniversary. :bigsmile:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I won't get one because I didn't give the government an interest free loan all year.

Loan implies they will one day pay it back.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Gonna spend mine on Tranny Hookers and Blow.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    What are you guys doing with your returns?

I think I'll get between 4-7k back this year... I have no idea how to spend it!
    -I'm debt free
    -I save 10% a month in my 401k
    -I max out my Roth-IRA

You obviously don't have kids. I will be paying back the money I put on my charge card for my tires to pass inspection and my dog's evergency surgery to have an obstruction removed.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Save it! But I also get to go to Rome this summer for work, so using some of it there too :)
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Please explain what this mythical Income Tax Return creature is and how I can catch one?

We pay thousands of dollars to the government every quarter and at the end of the year. The amount we pay in one quarter alone could buy a really nice and loaded car.

quit making money. BAM - problem solved :tongue:
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    -I have money saved (3 months salary++) and usually invest my extra money in stock
    -I'm moving to japan, and make enough to schedule vacations from my monthly salary
    -I will be buying a used Japanese spec car
    -I have a daughter, but don't believe in a college fund
    -I grew up very poor and have a problem spending money

I do appreciate the ideas. I'm considering getting some new glass for my camera. The glass I want is about 2k each, and I haven't gotten new glass in 3 years.
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    Yeah not EVERY ONE gets a return, thanks!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Op0r8C2Y6BY916LvBsSYpylA8nwGDYCxrWK7lS9rxhJ8mNYrTw
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Taking a few trips, one of which is a girl's weekend in Vegas!
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    ^This

THANK YOU

Interest free huh? Due to child credits, education credits, marriage credits, and the like, I'm actually getting back about 5 times what I paid in actual federal withholding tax. I'd say that's plenty of interest. In fact, I'm approaching loan shark territory with my refund, if you want to look at it that way.

You are confusing interest with the redistribution of income.
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options

Loan implies they will one day pay it back.

Those that are getting large refunds are getting it back, which is exactly what this thread is about.
  • breakingthecycle722
    Options
    Gonna spend mine on Tranny Hookers and Blow.

ATA BOY!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    We'll be making a contribution to our daughters 529 college plan. Maybe even opening an Roth IRA in her name too. She's 8 weeks old, never too soon to save for retirement!

The rest will be "fun money" for me, as I'm now a stay at home mom.

Are you sure you can do that? Last I checked you (or your spouse) had to earn at least the amount you put into an IRA. And if your 8 week old is earning that much, you might be required to file a tax return for her. I would expect an audit, either way.

Good point. I'll have to check into current tax law. I think the Roth is a little more flexible than a traditional, but I'm not sure. (I used to be an accountant but have been out of the field for 4 years now and don't know the ins and outs of all aspects of tax accounting). If not a Roth than another form of investment. Either way, it'll be save some for her & the rest is fun money.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I owe. Whoop de doo.

Oh well, better than getting a return on my own money. What a scam
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    ^This

THANK YOU

That's not interest. That's other people's money.
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Think I could buy a gf?