P90X3 - Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• mjwarford
    mjwarford Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I clicked the order button this morning, I am a runner but need to add to what I already do. I want to get some more weight off and get better and faster at running as well as gain some strength. This looks like it might be the ticket. I have a couple sprint triathlons and a couple half marathons under my belt, but this is the year of the relay for me and I refuse to be the weakest link on the team.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    whats everyones thoughts on p90x2? i dont think i've talked to a single person that liked it.

its a BB program so i assume it can't be total crap. i'll probably try it someday, but i'm so excited about p90x3 that i think i'm going to jump right in.

I'm either going to get body beast or p90x3 next. need my forearm to heal more tho

I'm one of the haters. I finished it, but wasn't impressed. It was very gimicky for me. Half of the hour was spent using a foam roller and stretching.

I love P90x3 that there is no wasted time. It's right to the point and it's a good workout!
  • yourswede
    Options
    The Challenge today (week 2) and the goal of 10/20 was almost met with the assist of the chair on the pull ups and mini breaks. Feels great.

Anyone doing the Abripper at all? It's not on the schedule but they do mention it so I wondered when you would do it?
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 2 done today - triometrics. This is probably my favorite workout so far! Lots of one legged squats and balance work, and I LOVE that stuff. =)
  • eluna5389
    eluna5389 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Did the X3 Yoga today. Did anyone else find this challenging? I never have done yoga so maybe that is why?

My Blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/eluna5389
  • topseeturve
    topseeturve Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did the X3 Yoga today. Did anyone else find this challenging? I never have done yoga so maybe that is why?

My Blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/eluna5389

I found it very challenging the first few weeks! I'm on my seventh week now and it's gotten much easier as my strength and balance improves.
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Check in time !! Day 18 The Challenge: Busted out 30 push-ups and 8 pullups(wahoo). I think this is my fav
    workout so far. So simple, so brutal, yet so satisfying :).

Day 19 Pilates X: After 2 weeks of being lost in the darkness with this one, I think I saw an inkling of light at the end of the
    tunnel. Started getting the breathing down during the more difficult moves.

Day 20: Incinerator: Always a bit sore from the Challenge the day before when I get to this one. Just got to push on through it.
    I feel oh so satisfied when that crazy burnout at the end is over.

Looking forward to a couple of new workouts this week as Phase 1 comes to a close. Push Play !!!
  • topseeturve
    topseeturve Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Week 4 of month 2, so It's recovery week for me this week. Thank goodness. My knee has been bothering me since week 6 Triometrics so i need to give it a little rest. And I pinched a nerve in my neck after doing Incinerator last week. What a mess I am! I really look forward to started phase 3 next week!!
  • phatman007
    Options
    1st day of week 4.. Isometrix... TOUGH but worth it...
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just finished Isometrix myself. Forget correct form, I was focussing on not falling flat on my face!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Checking in to see how everyone is doing. I was supposed to get my results back today from the arthrogram but due to the 12 inches of snow :mad: I couldn't get there and the Dr wasn't in. So I called and spoke with the Nurse. She explained that the test showed that I have a medial meniscus tear. I have to go in Friday to meet with the Dr to decide if it will involve surgery or what steps we will take from here. The nurse was not able to tell me the extent of the tear. So a little more waiting and we will see where this goes. I'm getting very antsy to workout, that combined with the cabin fever is making me crazy.

Glad to see everyone is doing so awesome! Keep it up, I am living vicariously through all of you right now :laugh:
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Back safely and sound from the half marathon in New Orleans, although not without some hazards. Nasty ice storm to drive through, but the run itself was great. I could post a huge story here, but I will include two links to my blog instead with lots of pictures. Or you can read my blog on MFP at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Butrovich . Either way, much too long to post in the message boards.

Part One
    http://gr84cstr.tumblr.com/post/75508068224/alligator-sliders-motorboating-and-voodoo-dolls

Part Deux
    http://gr84cstr.tumblr.com/post/75514651210/fog-horns-sore-nipples-and-icy-roads

Today is my first day returning to P90X3. Beginning Week 7 with Eccentric Upper and Triometrics, if my legs will allow me. Keep pressing play.

Mike
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Checking in Day 22 Isometrix : Watching a clip of or workout doesn't do it justice sometimes, and this is one of those. It looked
    so easy...but I was a sweaty boy when this workout ended.

Day 23 Dynamix: Is it just me...or is this disc at a freakin brisk pace....and really awesome ? Acceleration while Elongating....yes.

To go along with this wicked winter week...I've been fighting a wicked bug to go along with it. While I could get through Isometrix
    and Dynamix feeling crappy, I have The Warrior next. That is where the rubber hits the road. I hope I feel better when I get up
    later on today. Otherwise I might be missing a day, and do doubles Thursday with Palates X. Who knows...I may head to a walk-in
    clinic when I get up....being that I been battling this nasty-ness since Sunday. Oh well, I really can't complain. I've had a long long stretch without colds&bugs. I would like to think it's cause I eat healthy and keep myself healthy as well.
    Good luck Everybody !!
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey all- question from a marathon runner. I just borrowed P90X3 from a friend and was looking at the "Lean" schedule, but after doing the first Accelerator workout today it didn't feel as intense as some other Beach Body stuff I've done (like Insanity). Does it get a lot more intense as time goes by?
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I love the Dynamix too! I had 7th day of 2nd week yesterday and t is just plain awesome. I hate yoga so much and I am toying with the idea to substitute Dynamix for the yoga day. Both stretches after all.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Hey all- question from a marathon runner. I just borrowed P90X3 from a friend and was looking at the "Lean" schedule, but after doing the first Accelerator workout today it didn't feel as intense as some other Beach Body stuff I've done (like Insanity). Does it get a lot more intense as time goes by?
    Nowhere near as intense as Insanity yet, but I'm still in month 1. With some of the workouts if you want to increase the intensity you can grab a heavier weight or do some of the moves faster.
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks for your response! Can you see any downside to supplementing with running a few days a week, as long as I'm smart about choosing which days I run?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks for your response! Can you see any downside to supplementing with running a few days a week, as long as I'm smart about choosing which days I run?
    You know your body better than anyone, I know I can't do too much high impact stuff on consecutive days, but you're probably more of a seasoned runner so you might not have a problem. There's lots of different ways you could do it but depends on your goals and fitness level.
  • phatman007
    Options
    Just finished day 3 week 4 ACCELERATOR! I think this was the hardest work out so far. I am starting to get a little nervous about block 2!
  • texstorm
    texstorm Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    whats everyones thoughts on p90x2? i dont think i've talked to a single person that liked it.

its a BB program so i assume it can't be total crap. i'll probably try it someday, but i'm so excited about p90x3 that i think i'm going to jump right in.

I'm either going to get body beast or p90x3 next. need my forearm to heal more tho

I just finished X2 and I really liked it. I'd done P90X (3 rounds) before and am a certified Tony Horton fan, and I did T25 with a challenge group in the fall. The thing about X2 is that it's a graduate program that's supposed to be used as a progression from P90X. Unlike X it's focused on stability and core strength. There were moves (the Impossible/Possible) that I never mastered, but I certainly felt the benefits of the program in my coordination.

I started X3 this week and it's a very different program. It's more of an intro program like T25 and can be more easily modified for people who aren't crazy fitness nuts, but can also be scaled up to be more challenging for a veteran like me. I have to say X3 Yoga is a huge improvement over X2 Yoga, which I felt did not flow well at all.

If you're really looking for a challenge I'd suggest either doing Beast or Insanity. If you dig strength workouts then go with Beast. If you want to challenge your athleticism, go with Insanity. Or, if the shorter workouts appeal to you, try X3, but be prepared to have to scale it up to make it tougher.

-Tex

weakinrock.com