Fattest Profession

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Those ladies that get paid to gorge themselves online for the voyeurs..
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Amusement park employee.
    HEY!!! I was NEVER fat when I worked there! I was the one jumping into the water in my clothes to go collect the flotation devices! Fun job. Except for the sun.

Then you are the exception to the rule based on my my opinion based on the very small sampling of people I've encountered and zero fact whatsoever.
    I like your facts. We should write a book together. Mhm :)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    sumo wrestler's
    Defensive linemen
    Offensive linemen
    Nurse's who work the overnight shift
    OTR truckers
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    gamers who work fast food.......at my college most of these guys were 300+lbs. The dorms def and a bad BO aroma you could smell walking down the hall.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Police officer once their pension is fully vested.
  • chelleyve
    chelleyve Posts: 10 Member
    It's because of the shift work - messes with the metabolism, plus usually you have 10 mins to grab something to eat if you're lucky.

I'm not a nurse - but I am a health professional - you call us vent technicians but most of us on a 12 hour shift (especially nights) struggle with weight gain - I have gone up 4 dress sizes in 5 years!
  • COTrainer
    COTrainer Posts: 838 Member
    Police officer once their pension is fully vested.

Agreed
  • Navy enlistees with sumo wrestlers and truck drivers coming in a close second and third.
  • What about competitive eaters, except the Japanese ones for some reason.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Not sure, but I have noticed when I go to the doctors office that many of the nurses are very overweight. I always though that was strange since they are in the health profession.

Yeah I was definitely thinking nurses! My mom had surgery yesterday in a local hospital and I would say 80% of the female staff I saw were morbidly obese. I don't mean to sound disrespectful or rude in saying that but it is true. I used to weigh between 270-307 for many years myself, and so many staffers I saw looked to be in the 20-40s age range and over 250 lb.

Two things I noticed: signs everywhere about staff signing up for the "2014 meltdown: lose the pounds!" and an employee recognition program where the prizes were huge jars of cookies. Wow.
  • drxl34
    drxl34 Posts: 48 Member
    I'm inclined to say health teachers because for some reason my health/gym teachers have all be obese
  • shannonalgren1
    shannonalgren1 Posts: 36 Member
    sumo
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    When I was an amusement park employee, I weighed 95 pounds. Of course, I was 18. Now in my 38th year of teaching, I'm carrying 9 pounds more than that. I chase after 13-year-olds all day long.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    You'll pack on the pounds if you work in a restaurant. Free food.
  • dcaiani
    dcaiani Posts: 2,819 Member
    I'm pretty sure its the ladies in my office! :laugh:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Sumo wrestling
  • Students at the university... although it sounds stupid, sitting down so much time makes bad things...
  • As a nurse I feel like nurses are often overweight. I wouldn't say 80% of us are morbidly obese. But a good amount of us are overweight
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Can I say anyone that works shift work? When I was in the military, I worked twelve-hour shifts, and that's how I got to be my heaviest.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Students...
    You srs? I went borderline stick with this... "profession"...
    It wasn't cool. Students have little to no money lol.